Groups
    EXPIRED

Nice Perfume for my beautiful Girlfriend (Advice)

I need to buy a perfume for Christmas for my partner. She will wear it to work as well as out and she is a very glamorous 50 year old. Would any of you lovely ladies have a suggestion for a nice perfume for a professionals lady and the best place to but it. TIA

40 Comments

Modern Muse is lovely, buy from Debenhams

Edited by: "Drooler" 17th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Nice one Philphil61 but i'll probably get the the christmas dinner over my head. Im also guessing your no of the female persuasion

Original Poster

Drooler too cheap sorry

My g/f late 40's wears David Jacobs flowers and Vivienne Westwood (think dirty alice and anglomaniac).
    All nice fragrances.

Original Poster

Ive probably asked the question wrong..I was thinking more like Chanel style. Good quality and long wearing and a modern scent

Vanitas from Versace is glamourous, feminine and elegant. A lovely gift I received from my partner

Original Poster

Teezgaff

My g/f late 40's wears David Jacobs flowers and Vivienne Westwood (think … My g/f late 40's wears David Jacobs flowers and Vivienne Westwood (think dirty alice and anglomaniac).All nice fragrances.

I will go and have a sniff of that tomorrow..thanks

Original Poster

xmochax

Vanitas from Versace is glamourous, feminine and elegant. A lovely gift I … Vanitas from Versace is glamourous, feminine and elegant. A lovely gift I received from my partner

This sounds a great one to try definitely on my sniffing list tomorrow

The Original Issey Miyake (L'Eau d'Issey) always works well for anyone 30+.
    Ghost (again, the original) is also very nice, and pretty versatile for office and going out.

But, if I were to suggest something different, it would have to be Butterfly by Hanae Mori. Very nice, and something most people would never have smelled before.

Paco rabanne -lady million is a lovely one

gr8h8me

This sounds a great one to try definitely on my sniffing list tomorrow

If you have a VW store near you they usually have Christmas deals including a scarf etc with the perfumes.

Original Poster

Teezgaff

If you have a VW store near you they usually have Christmas deals … If you have a VW store near you they usually have Christmas deals including a scarf etc with the perfumes.

A Volkswagon store?

Original Poster

aliceinponderland1

Paco rabanne -lady million is a lovely one

THis is on my list...thank you

elizabeth arden 5th avenue.

Original Poster

jukkie

The Original Issey Miyake (L'Eau d'Issey) always works well for anyone … The Original Issey Miyake (L'Eau d'Issey) always works well for anyone 30+.Ghost (again, the original) is also very nice, and pretty versatile for office and going out.But, if I were to suggest something different, it would have to be Butterfly by Hanae Mori. Very nice, and something most people would never have smelled before.

Where would I buy the last one from? BTW i appreciate you help....

Original Poster

toto123

elizabeth arden 5th avenue.

Thank you but wrongly I always think of this as an Avon style product

gr8h8me

Where would I buy the last one from? BTW i appreciate you help....

amazon.co.uk/Han…424
    They also do it in stronger EdP and Parfum -
    amazon.co.uk/s/r…men

Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels is also a nice one, and for some reason it's shockingly cheap on Amazon at the moment.
    I bought a bottle for double that a couple of years ago, and even then I thought it was worth the money -
    amazon.co.uk/s/r…uty

Just noticed reviews on Oriens saying people were buying it for their Daughters. It's not just a young persons scent though, my mum wears it and loves it, and she's in her 60's.

Edited by: "jukkie" 17th Dec 2014

or lancome la vie est belle

Original Poster

Thank you everyone......I,ve got enough now...........Really appreciated

Your all stars and happy christmas

gr8h8me

A Volkswagon store?

LOL. Viv Westwood..

always this, always

Opium ..u can buy in debenhams x

Chance chance the pink one! Amazing!

Meant Chanel chance

j'adore by dior- beautiful perfume- i wear it and im a young 48 lol!!

sorry forgot to say boots is the cheapest place to buy at the moment. £51 for 50ml- plus if you order on line dont forget to add the £5 off a £50 spend- bringing the price down to £46- next day delivery too to your local boots

I know you put this down as answered, but you could also check out Burberry for Women...this version

amazon.co.uk/BUR…ume

..I am a similar age and think this is a fantastic distinctive, warm, glamorous scent...always makes me smile and feel great when I put it on.

Prada candy is lovely!

Try Selfridges... They have niche fragrance brands like Tom Ford and Amouage (think £150+/bottle so far more than Chanel) which are very unusual

gr8h8me

I will go and have a sniff of that tomorrow..thanks

You will have to look for Marc Jacobs tho, not David Jacobs (_;)

Try jo Malone perfumes , the candles are lovely too although expensive

angel by thirerry mugler

Shalimar by Guerlain.

Banned

Give her a vibrator . She might need it

sofiasar

Excuse me?

sofiasar

Weren't you the one that was asking their husband for it and he refused? Yeahhh that's what I thought... X)

Lady Millions is a lovely perfume

My partner wears Aromatics by Clinique. It's a spicy oriental scent. She is also in her 50's
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick44
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391212
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon22
      4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56

See more discussions