EXPIRED

Nice place to visit withing 2 hours drive of glasgow

Looking to take the other half away next weekend, needs to be somewhere within 2 hours drive of glasgow with plenty to see and do, any suggestions?

14 Comments

Saint andrews or edinburgh

I've always fancied going to see the Falkirk Wheel (I think it's about half an hour away from Glasgow).

http://www.butterleyengineering.com/images/Wheel%20001b.jpg
http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/falkirk_wheel.jpg

Original Poster

had considered both of those, been to edinburgh many times though, fancied somewhere different

Get down to Loch Lomond and have a meal at the Duck Bay Marina. Doesnt matter what the weather is like the scenery is just amazing

Original Poster

bossyboots

Get down to Loch Lomond and have a meal at the Duck Bay Marina. Doesnt … Get down to Loch Lomond and have a meal at the Duck Bay Marina. Doesnt matter what the weather is like the scenery is just amazing

loch lommond is definetly on the short list, love it there, and your right, the weather doesnt matter as its so beautiful there

come to stirling, got the castle and the wallace monument.

bossyboots

Get down to Loch Lomond and have a meal at the Duck Bay Marina. Doesnt … Get down to Loch Lomond and have a meal at the Duck Bay Marina. Doesnt matter what the weather is like the scenery is just amazing

Is the duck bay marina nice? my cousin is getting married there next year, i should add that its the reception there lol
Edited by: "micoo" 24th Sep 2010

If you drive on a bit further past Duck Bay to Luss you will come to the gorgeous Lodge on the Loch Hotel. Its where we got married last Christmas Eve and been down loads for meals - its tiny bit more expensive than Duck Bay but far better.

Lodge on the Loch Hotel

micoo

Is the duck bay marina nice? my cousin is getting married there next … Is the duck bay marina nice? my cousin is getting married there next year, i should add that its the reception there lol

Duck Bay is gorgeous!! Been to a few weddings down there and always unforgettable - especially if the weather is nice, as they open the huge glass doors and the reception spills out onto the area outside which is right on the banks of Loch Lomond.

Duck Bay.........mind you we did smuggle some booze with us lol as wee bit expensive!!

bossyboots

If you drive on a bit further past Duck Bay to Luss you will come to the … If you drive on a bit further past Duck Bay to Luss you will come to the gorgeous Lodge on the Loch Hotel. Its where we got married last Christmas Eve and been down loads for meals - its tiny bit more expensive than Duck Bay but far better.Lodge on the Loch Hotel

luss also has the greatest tearoom in the entire world!! they even have an outside bit where the stupid dalmation is welcome! their home made soups and cakes are to die for.

Edinburgh??

Tynecastle to be precise.

England?

Go to the west coast...I loved Lochgilphead and the area round there.

Newcastle - brilliant nightlife!!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1313
  2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1618
  3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846083
  4. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243

See more discussions