nice places to visit in England?

26 replies
Found 15th Feb
any cities or places you recommend for a weekend away for 2? just looking for ideas thank you

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Ask
  2. England
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. England
26 Comments

Depends if you're looking for coastal, city or rural and how far you're prepared to travel?
If it's coastal, you can't go wrong with st Ives, Cornwall

York.... Chester ...

Out of the box here... Edinburgh. Went for weekend last year. Plenty to do.

Wigan ??

Albert docks liverpool. Premier inn there is by far the best rooms

The most beautiful scenic part of England is without question the Lake District. A long weekend would be better than a short one. Best to disappear into the Western Lakes which is a much more fulfilling experience than just going to the busy commercial areas around Lake Windermere and Ullswater. My recommendation comes with a "money back guarantee". To date, no one I have sent over has ever claimed on my "money back guarantee".

bigweapon07

Out of the box here... Edinburgh. Went for weekend last year. Plenty to … Out of the box here... Edinburgh. Went for weekend last year. Plenty to do.

​places to visit in England, Edinburgh. seriously.

Hull, city of culture. (let us know, if you get back OK)

shadey12

Thanks for noticing i will see my lawyer about suing my geography teacher. I suggest you do the same with your english teacher who failed to teach you to read.

bigweapon07

Thanks for noticing i will see my lawyer about suing my geography … Thanks for noticing i will see my lawyer about suing my geography teacher. I suggest you do the same with your english teacher who failed to teach you to read.

Lol

shadey12

Hull, city of culture. (let us know, if you get back OK)

​mmmmmmmm

London

pipmoss

Wigan ??

Wigans alright

bigweapon07

Thanks for noticing i will see my lawyer about suing my geography … Thanks for noticing i will see my lawyer about suing my geography teacher. I suggest you do the same with your english teacher who failed to teach you to read.

Lol. England is England, however well you can (or cannot) read.

Op, where are you, how far do you want to travel? Does it have to be a city? Another vote for Cornwall, but I'm biased, I live here and it's a HUGE county with lots to offer.

Wolverhampton... You'll never forget it.

Dudley....proper culture.

Cockermouth <
For scenic hilly country walks

Stay at the Emberton Spa is a little expensive but worthy for a treat (although it was years ago that I took my wife their for Valentines treat and we walked for miles (and I mean miles) because we took the wrong path - wanted to walk around 1 tor ended up doing 3 tors and when reaching civilisation the pub had stopped serving food wtf

Cornwall. Beautiful.

Jaywick

philphil61

Cockermouth

​Cracking story, that.

Cotswolds
Poole
Lake District
Norfolk Broads

shadey12

Ha!
Reminds me when I was watching something on TV about Americans visiting Wales.
Great big Texan bloke announces how much he loves Wales and thinks it's 'The best city in England'
Was beside myself for a while. Not sure Joey Essex could have done better.

East London

http://tamilnation.co/images/diaspora/TDL_0072.jpg

The New Forest, if you're based towards the south

Bath is lovely with plenty of places to stay and some great places to visit like the Roman Baths, Bath Abbey, Thermae Bath Spa, Museums also great for shopping. I saw a good deal on Wowcher for a one or two night stay this is the link.
wowcher.co.uk/tra…tml

Hope you find somewhere nice to go☺
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent55
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions