Groups

nicorette inhalator - opinons please :)

have decided to try and quit (again) and have just bought an inhalator. has anyone here used one and are they any good? bought it online so got a couple of days to mentally prepare myself!!

13 Comments

Original Poster

i've tried patches before but found it was too easy to take them off when you had a craving and were'nt much good. i thought at least with these you get to do something with your hands, so fingers crossed.
    really want to give up by the end of june because off on my holiday and have to go nearly all day without one (airports, flight, etc) so thought it was a good time to have a go

My mum used it and it helped her also - she used it just when she felt the urge to have a fag and then gradually felt the need to use it less and less.

Good luck!!

I used the inhaler after several failed attempts on the patches - would defo recomend it - have had the odd slip (stag do's and weddings) up but relativly smoke free now since oct 5th from around 15 a day.

Original Poster

worto03;8530340

I used the inhaler after several failed attempts on the patches - would … I used the inhaler after several failed attempts on the patches - would defo recomend it - have had the odd slip (stag do's and weddings) up but relativly smoke free now since oct 5th from around 15 a day.

well done
    yeah i just seem to take the patches off, lol!

Banned

It would just encourage me to smoke. I'd think wtf am I doing this with an empty plastic thing, and simulating the smoking 'experience' would make me just want an actual cigarette.

Good luck on quitting OP :thumbsup::)

Original Poster

treble99;8535538

Good luck on quitting OP :thumbsup::)

thanks treble

Using my one as i type ;-) they are quite good actually

i tried them but it was usless but it may work for u. i decided to quit 2 months ago with just will power iv had no cravings and dont miss the cigs at all, i know its still early days but iv smoked for 20 years and the longest iv gone without is less than 24 hours lol so i think im doin really well

Original Poster

oooo so far so good................. but i can see myself getting addicted to this rather that fags, lol

missp27;8581274

oooo so far so good................. but i can see myself getting … oooo so far so good................. but i can see myself getting addicted to this rather that fags, lol

I stopped for over a year with them. I found that I gradually just cut down using it and then stopped without even thinking about it.

Original Poster

yeah i've been smoking and using the inhalator today and only smoked a few, usually on 20 a day so that's a good start! i'm practicaly out of tobacco now and i'm not going to buy anymore

missp27;8582098

yeah i've been smoking and using the inhalator today and only smoked a … yeah i've been smoking and using the inhalator today and only smoked a few, usually on 20 a day so that's a good start! i'm practicaly out of tobacco now and i'm not going to buy anymore

well done and keep it up :thumbsup:, I found that if keep myself busy/distracted for 5/10 mins when I would usually have a cig then the craving goes away and I dont feel to have one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?24
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534

See more discussions