night away ideas for my wifes birthday in north west

Found 3rd Mar 2012
hi
its my wifes birthday on monday and i just have not had time to sort anything out so im looking to book something online.
anyone know a nice place to stay for a night to too far drive from manchester? i was thinking of the lake district but its a bit far.
any ideas a bit closer to home?
many thanks
Community Updates
Misc
35 Comments
i hear bootle is nice this time of year
How about chester? Its nice there....
The F1 hotel in Liverpool on the dock road is superb, your wife will love it
was thinking more countryside and quite village with a couple of pubs but both good ideas thanks
Found some deals on here: http://www.laterooms.com/en/k16296355_manchester-hotels.aspx?q=1_luxury-hotels

...but why not cook her a romantic meal, light some candles, sprinkle some rose petals around, a bit of Barry White and give her a nice back massage (small bottle of almond oil)
mate lives there and to be honest he reckons its full of odd balls!
i was going to suggest Chester too. The holiday inn were doing offers at the one on the outside of Chester whichis a post hotel - 2 for 1 nights or 1 night for just over half price.
we stayed in chester a few years back and it was really nice but wanted somwhere we have never been.
buy her some Old Speckled Hen !!
Check out the joker boat on the Albert dock I've stayed there its amazing .
blackpool, my place
somwhere like kendall/hebden bridge...(been to both!) ....you know a nice little town with a few pubs
how about a nice boutique hotel in Manchester, i know a nice place
Toasthduk

how about a nice boutique hotel in Manchester, i know a nice place

i live 5 minutes out of the city centre and work there so that defo not happening!!

cheers though!
no problem, i also live 5 mins away, spent my 40th there and didnt feel like i lived 5 mins away
Why not paintballing. I heard it is very romantic
THE BEDROOM !! once your finished give her an hour on her own.

Women need tae spend ages getting worked up
funny.onion

Is this too … Is this too far....http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/best-western-cross-lanes-country-house-brasserie.en.html

Have you been funny?
Butlins have some good deals on!
anyone know if skipton is worth a visit?
dga

For which type of culture?

just really for a night away with a nice walk round in the day time and a few drinks at night.

or grasmere? anyone been up there?
kylewalker

blackpool, my place

Ah so you have graduated now.
Moved onto other peoples wives X)
Hillbark hotel on the wirral is nice. Beyonce booked the entire place when the european music awards were in liverpool. Its set in nice parklands with a decent pub at the end of the drive
Toxteth, Huyton or Moss Side ftw.
dga

Rich pickings in Blackpool.

Isn't it like Boris' ride and park scheme ?.
Go to Bronte Country; Haworth, Old England Village at its best.
v5535

Go to Bronte Country; Haworth, Old England Village at its best.

Hmmm went to howarth a couple of years back but it was nice.
Matlock bath, buxton or bakewell.....no that far from Manchester and all have beautiful scenery and atmospheric pubs to be found.
slamdunkin

Matlock bath, buxton or bakewell.....no that far from Manchester and all … Matlock bath, buxton or bakewell.....no that far from Manchester and all have beautiful scenery and atmospheric pubs to be found.

Cheers but went to all 3 last year....i seem to have been everywhere!
WoolyM

Ah so you have graduated now.Moved onto other peoples wives X)

Churchill won't be happy X)
Bit further out, more north-east but Stamford Bridge is immense.
well i decided on ambleside while i was at work but every hotel i look at seems to be 2 night minimum stay
what about Askrigg
dga

If you are in Blackpool, I'm moving out of Southport...far too close.

WTF? You live in Southport and was slagging Manchester off? You gotta be kiddin me?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants