Groups

Night out in Manchester

Hi all,

I am staying in Manchester this Thursday night and wondering what to do. Me and my girlfriend (both 23) are staying in a hotel next to the printworks and I know there are bars in there but was wondering if anybody had any recommendations of other places to go drinking before clubbing in the printworks later on.

Any help would be appreciated and rep added.

Cheers, Sean

26 Comments

bar 38 is good:thumbsup: dont know exactly where it is but im sure some one on here knows

Banned

What kind of music do you like?

Banned

mr miagi;3309407

bar 38 is good:thumbsup: dont know exactly where it is but im sure some … bar 38 is good:thumbsup: dont know exactly where it is but im sure some one on here knows

Peter Street :-D

DLM;3309417

Peter Street :-D

i knew you wouldnt let me down;-)

Original Poster

We like pretty much anything. Dance, R n B, rap and pop mainly. We will be having a dance to any of those. Basically looking for a street with lots of bars on so we can pick and choose then stumble on up to the printworks. Cheers people

Banned

Shuggy7;3309440

We like pretty much anything. Dance, R n B, rap and pop mainly. We will … We like pretty much anything. Dance, R n B, rap and pop mainly. We will be having a dance to any of those. Basically looking for a street with lots of bars on so we can pick and choose then stumble on up to the printworks. Cheers people

Peter Street has Brannigans, Bar 38 etc...

Banned

This might be useful:-

manchesterbars.com/

Have a great time :thumbsup:

canal street is a good night out, keep your back to the wall tho lol most of my friends are gay so i normally go there, but its lots of fun

Original Poster

Cheers again DLM I've been lokoing through that website too. Think I'll just walk down to Thomas St and see whats happening down there. Seems theres a few bars so can't go wrong really.

Banned

You must go to:-

hilton.co.uk/pro…699

The views are amazing, worth it only for 1 drink :thumbsup:

Banned

Shuggy7;3309499

Cheers again DLM I've been lokoing through that website too. Think I'll … Cheers again DLM I've been lokoing through that website too. Think I'll just walk down to Thomas St and see whats happening down there. Seems theres a few bars so can't go wrong really.

We love beer, so you will be in the right city!

Watch a film at the Imax, go to Wilmslow road for a curry and go to the Imperial war museum at Salford Quay during the day. You can also go to the museum of science and industry and the Manchester museum during the day for free.

Original Poster

DLM;3309509

You must go … You must go to:-http://www.hilton.co.uk/property/1201_Restaurant.jsp?vid=11614255&hid=11536699The views are amazing, worth it only for 1 drink :thumbsup:

oooo I might well check that out. 23rd floor? Sounds like a good plan. Something to impress the girlfrind more. lol. I'm staying in the crowne plaza which looks awesome. She doesn't know we're going to Manchester yet

Banned

Shuggy7;3309566

oooo I might well check that out. 23rd floor? Sounds like a good plan. … oooo I might well check that out. 23rd floor? Sounds like a good plan. Something to impress the girlfrind more. lol. I'm staying in the crowne plaza which looks awesome. She doesn't know we're going to Manchester yet

I have never stayed there but it looks ok.

Have an amazing time and don't forget to get the tram to the Lowry :-D

could go to the deansgate locks for a few, a load of bars there and theres a comedy store, theres some othe comedy/ bar places round manchester as well.

DLM;3309459

Peter Street has Brannigans, Bar 38 etc...

Is Brannigans that haunted place? I think I watched a most haunted program about that pub a few years back.

Banned

modoc;3309658

Is Brannigans that haunted place? I think I watched a most haunted … Is Brannigans that haunted place? I think I watched a most haunted program about that pub a few years back.

Maybe but i don't have sky :-(

Original Poster

Thanks very much. The lowry??? What is this Lowry of which you speak?

Banned

Shuggy7;3309779

Thanks very much. The lowry??? What is this Lowry of which you speak?

thelowry.com/

Original Poster

ahhhh I see. Thanks. I'm guessing there are trams to deansgate from the printworks area?

Banned

Shuggy7;3309817

ahhhh I see. Thanks. I'm guessing there are trams to deansgate from the … ahhhh I see. Thanks. I'm guessing there are trams to deansgate from the printworks area?

You can walk it are you staying at the CP on Shudehill?

Original Poster

Yeah I am. Was looking on a map and looked pretty far. but yeah I'll walk it. get some maps printed out in preparation. Coming up from Alton Towers and now I'm gutted I don't have more time to stay and check things out. I'll be back for another visit no doubt.

Banned

Shuggy7;3309892

Yeah I am. Was looking on a map and looked pretty far. but yeah I'll walk … Yeah I am. Was looking on a map and looked pretty far. but yeah I'll walk it. get some maps printed out in preparation. Coming up from Alton Towers and now I'm gutted I don't have more time to stay and check things out. I'll be back for another visit no doubt.

If you come out of the front door of the CP and turn left and just keep going until you get to Deansgate.

The hilton is up on the left about 10-20mins walk from CP.

The trams don't go up Deansgate just across it at the top! x x

Original Poster

DLM;3309960

If you come out of the front door of the CP and turn left and just keep … If you come out of the front door of the CP and turn left and just keep going until you get to Deansgate.The hilton is up on the left about 10-20mins walk from CP.The trams don't go up Deansgate just across it at the top! x x

Oh I see. Thank you very much for all this info. Hopefully we get there early enough to take all this in. Get up there first while we still have our walking legs on. I'll let you know what I thought of the view. Can't wait.

Banned

Shuggy7;3309981

Oh I see. Thank you very much for all this info. Hopefully we get there … Oh I see. Thank you very much for all this info. Hopefully we get there early enough to take all this in. Get up there first while we still have our walking legs on. I'll let you know what I thought of the view. Can't wait.

If you need anymore help, i am normally about here!

DLM;3309628

Have an amazing time and don't forget to get the tram to the Lowry :-D

And make sure you buy a ticket cos my missus is a ticket inspector and she'll 'ave you!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery66
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251372
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31125

See more discussions