EXPIRED

Night Vision

Hello all. :thumbsup:

I'm after a rather strange request. What I'm after is a night vision monocle, Ideally I would light a night vision scope that I could fit to my rifle (varmint control). The problem with a night vision scope is that I cannot find any online, and the cheapest one I seen was in a magazine and cost approx £1000 (more than my rifle :S).

Thanks for any and all help for this really weird request. :-D

14 Comments

Did you mean something like this:-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/L73BN.jpg

£200 minus a voucher from Maplin:-
]http//ww…lar

I know this will not fit on a Rifle, but you never mentioned the type or make of Rifle you have.
Is it a SA80. :giggle: :giggle:

not sure how you feel about ebay, but they have quite a few on their!!
worth a look, just be careful

nightvisiongear.co.uk/Nig…htm
D-125R Gen 1 Night Vision Rifle-Scope/Viewer/
Ships with soft carry case, IR100 Illuminator and instructions.
http://www.nightvisiongear.co.uk/webpics/Dipol125.jpg
£425.00 inc vat and postage.

Original Poster

Hey all.

I've been looking on ebay and have noticed some night vision scopes that seemed ok, only thing is that I'm a bit wary about using ebay, I got ripped off twice a few years back.

The other day I had a look through some American sites and noticed some scopes around the $250 mark, my folks are going of to the states later on this year, If I cant find a cheap one by the time they go then I'll just get them to get me one.

Btw I noticed a few months back that my local Lidl's was selling a night vision Bresser monocle for £100 but alas I never found out until it was too late.
If lidl were to open a online store where they sold there 'special' offers all the time then I'd bet they'd make a killing.

Dino, unfortunately I do not have a SA-80. For some reason they wont let me have one on my fire arms certificate :P btw who would want one they break to easily. The rifles that I use for varmint control are a Rugar 10/22 and a weird .22 krico.( I'm not sure of the kricos model number). I've got other rifles for target shooting but they wont require a night vision sight.

Anyway, thanks again for all the help. :-D

I had an SA-80 for about 8 years without any problems :giggle:
If you want me to 'check out' any ebay sellers, as much as I can, let me know:-
dinosteveus1@googlemail.com]

dinosteveus

I had an SA-80 for about 8 years without any problems :giggle: If you … I had an SA-80 for about 8 years without any problems :giggle: If you want me to 'check out' any ebay sellers, as much as I can, let me know:[email protected] ]

Sorry for going off topic.

Dino how do you "check out" ebayers?

Ditto

Sorry for going off topic.Dino how do you "check out" ebayers?

I would look into their buying, bidding and selling activity as far back as I can.
I would also look into their feedback as far as possible. You can go back a long way if you have the patience. Also check to see if their ebay ID has been mentioned on any of the ebay Forums.
To be honest, I don't do anything other people can't do but I do this kind of thing once a week at least.

Thanks for the pointers Dino:thumbsup:

DIS?!

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acatalog/diving_torch.jpg

Original Poster

Ditto

Sorry for going off topic.Dino how do you "check out" ebayers?

Me thinks that he goes down to there house hack there pc and if somethings a bit dodgy then he gets out his baseball bat and knock seven shades of poop out of em.

Do you mean a real rifle?

This topic for night vision was discussed on the gadget show,

the best for night vision was something costing about £1000 and thats really the price to pay for a decent set,

they viewed the cheaper versions but they never produced anythin anywhere near the same quality to the £1000 one

Do you mean a real rifle?

No he's gonna pay £425.00 for a night vision scope to put on a toy rifle....:roll:

Wake up you dimwit, of course he means a real rifle, its already been metioned he uses the rifle for Vermin control...;-)

crazylegs

No he's gonna pay £425.00 for a night vision scope to put on a toy … No he's gonna pay £425.00 for a night vision scope to put on a toy rifle....:roll: Wake up you dimwit, of course he means a real rifle, its already been metioned he uses the rifle for Vermin control...;-)

actually he uses it to control varmint:? :giggle:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Selling advice33
    2. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711
    3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment33
    4. Bed pillow recommendations810

See more discussions