NIGHTMARE trying to return item to Banggood

Found 3rd Jan
Hi, has anyone successfully returned and item and remember received a full refund. I purchased a drone mid November for a Christmas present but the display on the controls does not work. After several emails to them and attempting the fixes they suggest it is still broken.
I paid £100 and they have offered me the following:
1, We refund you us$60, you find a shop to repair it.

2, You pay more us$50, we resend you a new drone.

3, You return the drone, when we receive the drone, we can resend you a new one and pay 50% shipping fee to return.

Can they do this, I just want the money back that I paid as similar models are niw on sale els??! Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Basically they can do whatever they want, that's the problem dealing with China they have you by the short and curlies when things go wrong. You could try PayPal if you used them but they will probably say return it.
Thanks, will give PayPal a ring and see if they can step in - ta!
Try telling them postage to send back is too expensive and you aren't happy with the options offered, i did this awhile back (may have changed policies now) but then all they asked for was a video (uploaded to youtube) showing the defect on the item..

In my case it was a £35 kodi box so price may also have an impact on the options they offered
ndempsey1 h, 0 m ago

Thanks, will give PayPal a ring and see if they can step in - ta!

Just raise a dispute with PayPal and don’t close it until you have the outcome you want in your bank! Keep all evidence you can though because they might try to blame you for damage!

One day this site may listen to the users that call for more transparency on these Chinese sellers deals posts, with the Possible addition of VAT and very limited warranty. Not to mention their shady business practises when there is a problem, come on HUKD look past their affiliate scheme!!
Thanks All, I have now raised a dispute and uploaded footage showing both the condition of the drone and screen fault - wish me luck!
ndempsey47 m ago

Thanks All, I have now raised a dispute and uploaded footage showing both …Thanks All, I have now raised a dispute and uploaded footage showing both the condition of the drone and screen fault - wish me luck!

Paypal will rule in your favour*. But you then have to send the item back via an online trackable means. It will be done at your expense.

Paypal did do a 'returns on us' scheme which gives £15 towards the postage but although it is still live on Google, the T&C show it as ending on 31 Dec 17.

* Paypal don't offer a warranty, the issue needs to have been there "on first use".
Edited by: "windym" 3rd Jan
Thanks windym, i'd be happy with that. hubby works for dhl so hopefully it won't cost too much..
dxx7 h, 3 m ago

@Gearbest1 Another day, another ripped-off customer, eh?

They're probably not too fussed that the competition are having issues...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants