Nike issues

Posted 9th Dec 2019
Hi, after some advice if anyone can give any.

I ordered some Nike trainers for my son for Xmas direct from Nike. I was then told the day before delivery was due that they were out of stock.

I went on to the Nike website and started an online chat with someone. Long story short, this Nike employee referred my to a 3rd party website where I could buy some trainers.

Naively, I went to this site thinking its come from a Nike employee so must be legit and have now had money taken from my card and turns out the site is fraudulent.

I have taken this up with Nike but they are not taking any responsibility, even though I have provided screen shots and transcripts of the conversation where their employee referred me to this site.

Any thoughts/opinions?
Community Updates

Groups

34 Comments
What website did you order them from?
Haircut_10009/12/2019 14:00

What website did you order them from?

I was directed to footwearinstock.uk.com like I say I know I was naive in trying to purchase but was directed there by a Nike employee so assumed it was a recommended distributor of theirs
Edited by: "Sebas111" 9th Dec 2019
Sebas11109/12/2019 14:12

I was directed to www.footwestinstock.uk.com like I say I know I was naive …I was directed to www.footwestinstock.uk.com like I say I know I was naive in trying to purchase but was directed there by a Nike employee so assumed it was a recommended distributor of theirs

Can you double check the name and link to the website please as your link looks invalid.
Toptrumpet09/12/2019 14:50

Can you double check the name and link to the website please as your link …Can you double check the name and link to the website please as your link looks invalid.

Sorry. Amended now. Thanks
That website is fairly new being registered 28/7/18. Unfortunately scamadviser doesn’t give much detail because it’s considered as newly registered.
However, just a quick look on their website and on the ‘about us’ page shows:
‘We search the planet to bring you the best in sexy costumes, clubwear, fancy dress, uniforms, fantasy wear, lingerie and other accessories.’
considering they only sell trainers, that should’ve been a major red flag to a scam website copied and pasted from elsewhere.
Also, if you click on their twitter and Facebook icons etc, it just returns to their ‘about us page’ - another red flag.
How did you pay for the item?
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Dec 2019
Just for clarity - was it a actual Nike employee who referred you or someone outside Nike chat service?
Toptrumpet09/12/2019 15:06

That website is fairly new being registered 28/7/18. Unfortunately …That website is fairly new being registered 28/7/18. Unfortunately scamadviser doesn’t give much detail because it’s considered as newly registered. However, just a quick look on their website and on the ‘about us’ page shows:‘We search the planet to bring you the best in sexy costumes, clubwear, fancy dress, uniforms, fantasy wear, lingerie and other accessories.’ considering they only sell trainers, that should’ve been a major red flag to a scam website copied and pasted from elsewhere.Also, if you click on their twitter and Facebook icons etc, it just returns to their ‘about us page’ - another red flag. How did you pay for the item?

Credit card thankfully so got them on with it. I know I was naive in trying to buy but surely Nike should accept some blame
Sebas11109/12/2019 14:51

...I went on to the Nike website and started an online chat with someone.

What Nike website?
Sebas11109/12/2019 15:10

Credit card thankfully so got them on with it. I know I was naive in …Credit card thankfully so got them on with it. I know I was naive in trying to buy but surely Nike should accept some blame

I’ll be brutal and say forget Nike. They’re not going to care that you got scammed and they’ll probably say that the employee no longer works there (if they bother to reply). Just claim your money back from the credit card company and try and move on. We’ve all been burnt in the past with an impulse buy. Just concentrate on getting your money back now and forget Nike.
Sebas11109/12/2019 15:20

??

Do you have a URL of the chat service in your screenshot(s) ?
This is strange. So you ordered some Nike trainers from the Nike website and then after your order had gone through you were then told that they were out of stock?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 9th Dec 2019
AndyRoyd09/12/2019 15:22

Do you have a URL of the chat service in your screenshot(s) ?

I do yes. All have been provided to Nike
Haircut_10009/12/2019 15:22

This is strange. Do you ordered some Nike trainers from the Nike website …This is strange. Do you ordered some Nike trainers from the Nike website and then after your order had gone through you were then told that they were out of stock?

I think OP ordered from Nike website, then told they were oos. They contact Nike via Live Chat and were suggested to look at footwearinstock
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Dec 2019
Haircut_10009/12/2019 15:22

This is strange. So you ordered some Nike trainers from the Nike website …This is strange. So you ordered some Nike trainers from the Nike website and then after your order had gone through you were then told that they were out of stock?

Pretty much. His response was that the item I ordered was popular at the time I ordered. They took 2 days to notify me they were out of stock
Sebas11109/12/2019 15:24

I do yes. All have been provided to Nike

and what is the domain name displayed within the chat URL?
Toptrumpet09/12/2019 15:25

I think OP ordered from Nike website, then told they were oos. They …I think OP ordered from Nike website, then told they were oos. They contact Nike via Live Chat and were suggested to look at footwearinstock

Sebas11109/12/2019 15:25

Pretty much. His response was that the item I ordered was popular at the …Pretty much. His response was that the item I ordered was popular at the time I ordered. They took 2 days to notify me they were out of stock

I’m just wondering if it’s normal for the Nike website to let you order a product and then be told a few days later that it’s out of stock. I get that the OP then contacted Nike via their Live Chat. Did you the person you spoke to on the Live Chat specifically tell you to go to FootWearInStock or did they just say something like “You’ll be able to find these shoes at various third party retailers”?
Haircut_10009/12/2019 15:28

I’m just wondering if it’s normal for the Nike website to let you order a p …I’m just wondering if it’s normal for the Nike website to let you order a product and then be told a few days later that it’s out of stock. I get that the OP then contacted Nike via their Live Chat. Did you the person you spoke to on the Live Chat specifically tell you to go to FootWearInStock or did they just say something like “You’ll be able to find these shoes at various third party retailers”?

The person directed me to that specific site
Sebas11109/12/2019 15:37

The person directed me to that specific site

Wow this is truly shocking from Nike.

You need to call customer service and escalate this right away to management.

If you have the screenshots of the transcript email them.

If it was an employee at the time who directed you to a scam website then they need to be aware of this.

I’m not sure how they will be able to help if the item is OOS or you have been scammed on another site but they do need to take responsibility for this employee and stop it happening to anyone else.
myusernamehasgone23409/12/2019 15:45

Wow this is truly shocking from Nike. You need to call customer …Wow this is truly shocking from Nike. You need to call customer service and escalate this right away to management.If you have the screenshots of the transcript email them.If it was an employee at the time who directed you to a scam website then they need to be aware of this.I’m not sure how they will be able to help if the item is OOS or you have been scammed on another site but they do need to take responsibility for this employee and stop it happening to anyone else.

I've already phoned. Spent in excess of 2 hours on phone. Sent emails and get the generic heres 20% off your next order reply. Absolutely disgusting
Sebas11109/12/2019 15:48

I've already phoned. Spent in excess of 2 hours on phone. Sent emails and …I've already phoned. Spent in excess of 2 hours on phone. Sent emails and get the generic heres 20% off your next order reply. Absolutely disgusting

That’s terrible.

If Nike won’t play ball you might want to consider taking it to a consumer show like Joe Lycett got your back, they are currently looking for submissions

channel4.com/4vi…ack

Do you want Joe Lycett to fight for your consumer rights? Have you been conned out of money, ripped off by a company or received an inadequate service?

Please click on this link to apply gotyourback@rumpusmedia.co.uk

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to respond to all applications individually.

Please note your application will be received by a member of Rumpus Media’s production team and they may contact you directly. Rumpus Media will process your personal data in accordance with GDPR rules.
myusernamehasgone23409/12/2019 15:53

That’s terrible.If Nike won’t play ball you might want to consider taking i …That’s terrible.If Nike won’t play ball you might want to consider taking it to a consumer show like Joe Lycett got your back, they are currently looking for submissions https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/takepart/got-your-backDo you want Joe Lycett to fight for your consumer rights? Have you been conned out of money, ripped off by a company or received an inadequate service?Please click on this link to apply gotyourback@rumpusmedia.co.ukUnfortunately, we won’t be able to respond to all applications individually.Please note your application will be received by a member of Rumpus Media’s production team and they may contact you directly. Rumpus Media will process your personal data in accordance with GDPR rules.

Awesome. Thank you
Sebas11109/12/2019 15:36

Https://api.nike.com/consumer_services/chat.....The rest is not visible on …Https://api.nike.com/consumer_services/chat.....The rest is not visible on three screenshot

Would have ideally liked to have seen the entire URL, especially the rightmost domain name. Below is what I see from the official UK site + chat window. Note the chat domain name of (respected and legitimate) force dot com, although that may change once the chat commences, but certainly no immediate mention of api dot nike dot com (which can be of no relevance if there was an unidentified domain name further along the URL)

39304157-Tl2WR.jpg
AndyRoyd09/12/2019 15:56

Would have ideally liked to have seen the entire URL, especially the …Would have ideally liked to have seen the entire URL, especially the rightmost domain name. Below is what I see from the official UK site + chat window. Note the chat domain name of (respected and legitimate) force dot com, although that may change once the chat commences, but certainly no immediate mention of api dot nike dot com (which can be of no relevance if there was an unidentified domain name further along the URL)[Image]

It's legit. Nike have confirmed they have seen the records of the discussions on their systems
I’d threaten Nike with going to the media, it’ll look terrible for them. Basically you contacted Nike, Nike (a representative of Nike is the same as Nike themselves) so Nike advised your to try another website and you have done as Nike advised and it turns out that Nike has sent you to a scam website. Then nuke has washed their hands if it.
Wether Nike is responsible in any way is irrelevant because it looks terrible for Nike. In fact I’m sure a few papers will pay you for your story or people like ladbible will pay.
Sebas11109/12/2019 15:57

It's legit. Nike have confirmed they have seen the records of the …It's legit. Nike have confirmed they have seen the records of the discussions on their systems

Great. I would suggest Nike has a duty of care towards the customer = you; and you have a reasonable obligation to perform at least some due diligence in any of your purchase choices, so effectively Nike could be expected to show some responsibility. If a reflection of Nike's perception of reponsibility is to offer 20% discount from your next order I would equally suggest that is disproportionate.
If your order confirmation quotes the supplier as being based in The Netherlands I probably wouldn't be bothered to take it any further but if the order conf states an English or Welsh registered limited company I would consider an LBA.
toonsquirel09/12/2019 16:08

I’d threaten Nike with going to the media, it’ll look terrible for them. Ba …I’d threaten Nike with going to the media, it’ll look terrible for them. Basically you contacted Nike, Nike (a representative of Nike is the same as Nike themselves) so Nike advised your to try another website and you have done as Nike advised and it turns out that Nike has sent you to a scam website. Then nuke has washed their hands if it. Wether Nike is responsible in any way is irrelevant because it looks terrible for Nike. In fact I’m sure a few papers will pay you for your story or people like ladbible will pay.

Yep dailymail take stories like this. You need to pull a sad face though for a photo and tell them the value of your house
myusernamehasgone23409/12/2019 16:11

Yep dailymail take stories like this. You need to pull a sad face though …Yep dailymail take stories like this. You need to pull a sad face though for a photo and tell them the value of your house

Lmao. Threatened them with that and tbh its water off a ducks back
myusernamehasgone23409/12/2019 16:11

Yep dailymail take stories like this. You need to pull a sad face though …Yep dailymail take stories like this. You need to pull a sad face though for a photo and tell them the value of your house

Lol yeah with the usual ‘it was my last pound that bought this for my child’s only Christmas present. Now my life and Christmas is ruined’ kind of story. Seriously though it’s a good story to papers these days and having the transcript as proof makes a nice photo for the story. I’d probably not even go back to Nike now and head straight for the media.
Why not tweet about it and copy folks like Martin Lewis? My general experience is that anything on social media seems to wake up companies faster.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions