Groups

Nikon D40 Package, What should I pay?

Here is the description from a local ad. However I'm unsure whether this is a good price any advice would be great.

'for sale here is the best and cheapest way to take the next step up to profesional photography , i have a nikon D40 digital slr camera comes complete with body,18-55 nikon lens,also a nikon55-200 VR lens ,2 batterys,and charger a 2gb memory card ,everything you need to get out there and start taking fantastic pictures,with a 2.5 lcd,6 mega pixel,and will take 2.5 shots per second great for all those sports pictures complete with camera bag .ideal camera to start in the DSLR range easy to use ,give it a go . £350 ono'

7 Comments

Not far off that price to be honest (they do say or nearest offer)...

I got a new D60 for around £340 with the 18-55 VR kit, I would probaly go down the new route as you dont know how its been treated.

Original Poster

I must admit I was thinking more around the £290 mark or would that be an insult. It's been advertised for a while.

@ Pavers - Is the D60 the upgraded version of the D40??

Yup i believe it is the upgraded version.

Its 10.2 megapixels. My first slr so dont know too much about them, but i am happy with it.

Info here: photographyblog.com/rev…php

neilquane;6542801

I must admit I was thinking more around the £290 mark or would that be an … I must admit I was thinking more around the £290 mark or would that be an insult. It's been advertised for a [email protected] Pavers - Is the D60 the upgraded version of the D40??

Prob already sold then...

I bought the d40 kit new on amazon a few months ago for £280 then bought the extra lens for around £150 so it's not really a bad price they are selling for
    great camera by the way:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Pavers;6542878

Yup i believe it is the upgraded version.Its 10.2 megapixels. My first … Yup i believe it is the upgraded version.Its 10.2 megapixels. My first slr so dont know too much about them, but i am happy with it.Info here: http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_nikon_d60.php

Thanks will have a look into it

DAMNOME;6542887

Prob already sold then...

The ad was only refreshed a day or so ago and I'd noticed its be doing the rounds for a few weeks now so hopefully not

souljacker;6542907

I bought the d40 kit new on amazon a few months ago for £280 then … I bought the d40 kit new on amazon a few months ago for £280 then bought the extra lens for around £150 so it's not really a bad price they are selling forgreat camera by the way:thumbsup:

It does seem like a good piece of kit I watched a review online and seemed very user friendly. I'll do a little more reading on it think I'll take the plunge.

Thanks for your advice everyone I've left some rep
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2160
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767226
      3. Spotify Family Premium share510
      4. love affairs1015

See more discussions