Groups

Nikon D50 Digital SLR

I am looking at one of these on eBay

a D50 Black with a 28mm-100mm lens

fully boxed all accessories second hand very light use

I am a novice with these things only ever used a phone camera!

What is so good about them? What is top whack you would bid?

It really is in immacualte condition!

8 Comments

its not a bad camera... but knocking on a bit now...

I got an Olympus 410 for £299 with a 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 & ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 lense kit..

It all comes down to how much you want to spend...

If I was you i would try and get something a bit newer.... or.. if you can get a good kit on ebay with lensesm bag, spare battery for less than £180 ish it may be worth it..

Theres loads of reviews out there...

conita.com/Dig…tml

Rick

Original Poster

Thanks rick

so is it worth getting a Digital SLR instead of a 10MP camera for example just for taking occasional good quality pics?

Scream;3928058

so is it worth getting a Digital SLR instead of a 10MP camera for example … so is it worth getting a Digital SLR instead of a 10MP camera for example just for taking occasional good quality pics?

A compact camera is good for photos at parties and putting in your pocket... if you are really interested in taking photos of a good quality DSLR is the way to go..

Its all about the lenses..

Without going into detail... a DSLR 8 mega pixel would give a better photo than a standard 10mp compact..

Rick

RickT;3928287

A compact camera is good for photos at parties and putting in your … A compact camera is good for photos at parties and putting in your pocket... if you are really interested in taking photos of a good quality DSLR is the way to go..Its all about the lenses..Without going into detail... a DSLR 8 mega pixel would give a better photo than a standard 10mp compact..Rick

Much much better, without opening a can of worms i bought a Canon from e-bay, 20D, that was immaculate, i love it, just bought a couple of new lenses which really make a difference :thumbsup:

If you're serious about taking pictures then definitely go for a DSLR, whether it be Canon, Nikon or whatever

sancho1983;3928410

Much much better, without opening a can of worms i bought a Canon from … Much much better, without opening a can of worms i bought a Canon from e-bay, 20D, that was immaculate, i love it, just bought a couple of new lenses which really make a difference :thumbsup:If you're serious about taking pictures then definitely go for a DSLR, whether it be Canon, Nikon or whatever

i cant agree more.... without making the thread into a photography thread explaining the differance in CCD (charge-coupled device) and CMOS (complimentary metal-oxide semiconductor) image sensors etc etc... as it could take a while....... and people never agree really on the matter of what is better and why.....

My advice is to take a read of the reviews online... go to your local camera shop ie.. Jessops.. even currys etc and pick a few up and take a feel of them..

A lot of the Nikon Bodies are still the same so you should be able to get a feel for them..

Rick

The only reason i went for the *0D range of Canons over the *00D range is that they are much larger and i have quite large hands, i felt like i would break the 400D that i picked up!! Definitely feel them, use them, ask questions, then scour the net for the cheapest price!!

Original Poster

Great info from all here!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32183
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1732

See more discussions