1. CeX Deals
Groups

Nintendo Classic Mini NES - £170 instore @ CeX Birmingham

I'm taken aback by what these NES minis go for. The CeX in Acocks Green, Birmingham were selling one yesterday for the BARGAIN price of £170 or £205 if you want a controller with it.

I personally think it is a rip off but for the hardcore it might be something that you might want. I would rather spend £50 for a Raspberry Pi and case but each to there own.

Probably worth down voting this to show CeX that they are ripping customers off, but hey if someone wants one at this price...

25 Comments

I agree the prices are really steep. You can buy 3d printed nes cases for the pi if you wanted it for the aesthetic value

Banned

oO oO

prices have changed - actually £135 now.

Original Poster

This was the in store price, yes now showing as £135 online..

i never saw the appeal of these anyway, the NES wasn't that good, there i said it!

ame2607

I agree the prices are really steep. You can buy 3d printed nes cases for … I agree the prices are really steep. You can buy 3d printed nes cases for the pi if you wanted it for the aesthetic value

The people who buy this are not interested in faffing around with a pi. Plus those cases you mention look like trash.

Edited by: "KCooperman" 19th May

KCooperman

The people who buy these are not interested in faffing around with a pi. … The people who buy these are not interested in faffing around with a pi. Plus those cases you mention look like trash.

I just bought a broken nes shell to fit my pi in, you can use cartridges too. And the pi is a doddle to set up. Just install retropi on sd card and your off

Original Poster

That is why I stated that I would use a Raspberry Pi with Retro Pi. I realise not everyone would do the same. I could spend around £50 or over £200.

Each to there own, I'm just trying to highlight that I think CeX are ripping customers off.

KCooperman

The people who buy this are not interested in faffing around with a pi. … The people who buy this are not interested in faffing around with a pi. Plus those cases you mention look like trash.

ame2607

I agree the prices are really steep. You can buy 3d printed nes cases for … I agree the prices are really steep. You can buy 3d printed nes cases for the pi if you wanted it for the aesthetic value

3D printed, it must look like a dog chewed it.

A mini super nintendo and you'd have my attention.

rumble

A mini super nintendo and you'd have my attention.

eurogamer.net/art…ear

ame2607

I just bought a broken nes shell to fit my pi in, you can use cartridges … I just bought a broken nes shell to fit my pi in, you can use cartridges too. And the pi is a doddle to set up. Just install retropi on sd card and your off

John59

That is why I stated that I would use a Raspberry Pi with Retro Pi. I … That is why I stated that I would use a Raspberry Pi with Retro Pi. I realise not everyone would do the same. I could spend around £50 or over £200.Each to there own, I'm just trying to highlight that I think CeX are ripping customers off.

Agreed, setting up a PI is easy, but its not just about the games..its about owning an official Nintendo product, the packaging, the quality etc that makes it desirable. If it was just about the games then yes, a PI would be perfect.

It would be interesting to know how much UK stock is sitting in CEX stores!

leroybrown1999

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

Excellent!

So much easier for me to hide from Mrs rumble X)

to be honest its not just cex that are ripping people of but at the end of the day the blame lies solely with Nintendo for producing limited stock, which never helps anyone but scalpers etc but Nintendo never seem to understand this

I bought mine for £90 quid and sold it to a while back for £80 guess that makes me a scalper,does this mean everyone buying and selling online above rrp is a scalper.

malm

I bought mine for £90 quid and sold it to a while back for £80 guess t … I bought mine for £90 quid and sold it to a while back for £80 guess that makes me a scalper,does this mean everyone buying and selling online above rrp is a scalper.

I would only class a scalper as someone who buys more than one with the intention of selling for profit.

KCooperman

I would only class a scalper as someone who buys more than one with the … I would only class a scalper as someone who buys more than one with the intention of selling for profit.

exactly , nothing wrong with someone selling it if they get bored and need the money etc, a scalper is as you say someone who buys more than one for a profit dont why the other poster seem too take my post as a personal attack!

Bought mine for £49.99 and sold it for.....oh wait I didn't sell it! I bought it to play Cex are not ripping anyone off...the price is that as that is what people are willing to pay apparently and if they are not willing to pay then then will drop the price accordingly as they have done a few times already. Do you expect them to sell them for £49.99? For a start nobody would sell them one as they would only get about £25 and if they did they would get snapped up instantly to be shoveled onto eBay

supermod

Moved to MISC as this isn't a 'deal' and is more a discussion thread, thanks all.

They are smoking some crazy stuff

TheSweeney

i never saw the appeal of these anyway, the NES wasn't that good, there i … i never saw the appeal of these anyway, the NES wasn't that good, there i said it!

That's clearly untrue. At the time the NES was the greatest home games system ever. When you were used to a Spectrum taking minutes to load up and you had instant games and a gamepad - Wow!

30 years on though the appeal of sticking yet another thing under the telly to collect dust and play an 8 bit game....Hmmm not for me but wish I had inside information about Nintendo dropping this product!

Can't you just play most of these games on a Wii with wireless controllers? Don't get the appeal!!

My Aussie cousin thinks we are all whinging Poms and finds it hilarious when hes over here reading about complaints about scalpers
    His words( if you want something Go and Get it grow a pair for f,,k sake.)

malm

My Aussie cousin thinks we are all whinging Poms and finds it hilarious … My Aussie cousin thinks we are all whinging Poms and finds it hilarious when hes over here reading about complaints about scalpersHis words( if you want something Go and Get it grow a pair for f,,k sake.)

how can you go and get something if its sold out and the only place to get it is from scalpers who will charge at least double, sorry but would rather be a moaner than someone who would trow money away.

really your cousin comes over here and reads post about scalpers on the site, thats up their with someone saying the dog ate the homework.

Edited by: "voyager123" 19th May

voyager123

how can you go and get something if its sold out and the only place to … how can you go and get something if its sold out and the only place to get it is from scalpers who will charge at least double, sorry but would rather be a moaner than someone who would trow money away.really your cousin comes over here and reads post about scalpers on the site, thats up their with someone saying the dog ate the homework.

did not say it was hukd he was reading and they do have the internet in Australia.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions