Nintendo Confirmation

Banned 53
Found 15th Apr 2008
Hi
I just phoned Nintendo to find out the master key for my wii. They said that they needed proof of age. He gave me his nintendo email address. What should I send?

1. Misc
  2. Nintendo
53 Comments

Banned

why would they need proof of age, do you have to be over a certain age or something:?

Original Poster Banned

Yeh they said for legal reasons. You have to be over 18.

Banned

well driving license, birth certificate, passport, etc, i wouldnt be happy about sending mine

Banned

driving licence, passport, birth certificate, utility bill

Banned

sassie sucks!

Why did he give you an email address ?

Banned

lumoruk;1896252

sassie sucks!

pardon me:w00t::w00t:

Banned

sassie;1896262

pardon me

I'm going back to work bye!

Banned

lumoruk;1896250

driving licence, passport, birth certificate, utility bill

utility bills dont have your dates of bith on you doughnut:p

sassie;1896262

pardon me:w00t::w00t:

Friend of yours ? :thinking:

Banned

hottoshop;1896268

Friend of yours ? :thinking:

not that i know of - lol

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1896257

Why did he give you an email address ?

They need the information of the wii. When I send the details he will give me a ring. How will they know it is me if I send my drivers lisence, should I send a pic of me holding it?

Banned

tr2k8;1896272

They need the information of the wii. When I send the details he will … They need the information of the wii. When I send the details he will give me a ring. How will they know it is me if I send my drivers lisence, should I send a pic of me holding it?

dont send anything

sassie;1896282

dont send anything

Exactly, stand your ground.

If they want to know you're 18 make them send someone around toyour house.

Original Poster Banned

I want to play online/ surf the net

Banned

tr2k8;1896325

I want to play online!

i dont know how old you are, but if you are over 18 you should know you dont dish out things like this to people you dont know

Hmmm, I've just checked this and it appears to be correct.

As a matter of interest why exactly do you need the master key ?>

just put in your email "I am 26" or whatever your age is. it's probably just a legal requirement and they are just ticking the boxes

Banned

PapaSmurf;1896372

just put in your email "I am 26" or whatever your age is. it's probably … just put in your email "I am 26" or whatever your age is. it's probably just a legal requirement and they are just ticking the boxes

it says they want proof

PapaSmurf;1896372

just put in your email "I am 26" or whatever your age is. it's probably … just put in your email "I am 26" or whatever your age is. it's probably just a legal requirement and they are just ticking the boxes

That's what I thought until I read again. OP says they will email after they receive proof of age ??

OP are these the people you are communicating with ?

Nintendo Service Centre
Codestorm House
Walton Road
Farlington
Hampshire
PO6 1TR
Telephone: 0870 6060 247 (Calls charged at National Rate)
Fax: 02392 383 444

Email Us:
NintendoServiceCentre@codestorm.co.uk

Original Poster Banned

I will hold back for a while but I don't know how sending a copy of my drivers lisence would prove I am over 18. I could easily find one on the internet.

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1896417

OP are these the people you are communicating with ?Nintendo Service … OP are these the people you are communicating with ?Nintendo Service CentreCodestorm HouseWalton RoadFarlingtonHampshirePO6 1TRTelephone: 0870 6060 247 (Calls charged at National Rate)Fax: 02392 383 444Email Us:NintendoServiceCentre@codestorm.co.uk

Yes

Well they are the legit people and are fine every time I've had to deal with them.

Tell me again why you need this master key ?

Original Poster Banned

Oh yeh sorry, the previous owner put a pin on it because he had children. I do not know this pin. I would like to download the internet chanel. I also just purchased the maio game which is online. I would like to give this a go as the reviews I have heard are good.

Banned

tr2k8;1896483

Oh yeh sorry, the previous owner put a pin on it because he had children. … Oh yeh sorry, the previous owner put a pin on it because he had children. I do not know this pin. I would like to download the internet chanel. I also just purchased the maio game which is online. I would like to give this a go as the reviews I have heard are good.

dont wish to state the obvious, but have you asked the previous owner

tr2k8;1896483

Oh yeh sorry, the previous owner put a pin on it because he had children. … Oh yeh sorry, the previous owner put a pin on it because he had children. I do not know this pin. I would like to download the internet chanel. I also just purchased the maio game which is online. I would like to give this a go as the reviews I have heard are good.

Ok , yep that's the only reason you would need it so all this checks out as being fine.

Will they not accept a scan of proof of age via email or could you not fax it to them ??

I would say you have spoken to your parents and are not allowed to send originals , lol

They usually bend over backwards to help you at Codestorm

sassie;1896491

lol Very good point and would save a lot of hassle :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Yeh he gave me an email address to send it to

Out of interest has this console got downloaded games on it ??

Original Poster Banned

No, nothing

tr2k8;1896524

Yeh he gave me an email address to send it to

Well just scan your driving license or take a close up photo of the relevant bit and email it to them.

Did you read what Sassie wrote ?
Can you not ask the previous owner ??

Banned

sassie;1896491

***cough***

Original Poster Banned

Yeh, he doesn't know - typical!

Banned

tr2k8;1896604

Yeh, he doesn't know - typical!

he doesnt know, yeah right so how did he use it - lol

Original Poster Banned

I can play on it alright just not download anything

Banned

tr2k8;1896621

I can play on it alright just not download anything

oh well looks like you gonna have to send one of the ids they ask for then - lol

sassie;1896615

he doesnt know, yeah right so how did he use it - lol

You only need it for certain things sassie which is why I was asking the questions before.
It's a username /password thingy normally used for parental controls.

Could you not do a master reset or something? :?
Post a comment
@
    Text