Nintendo Direct - Fire Emblem TONIGHT (18 January) 10pm GMT

25 replies
Found 18th Jan
Many people here may already be aware of this, but for those not - hot on the heels of the Switch reveal at the end of last week, Nintendo's next 'Direct' presentation is up-coming tonight, at 10pm UK time.

The presentation is set to be focused on the Fire Emblem series, so undoubtedly (I hope!) we'll be getting some news about the Switch exclusive Fire Emblem Warriors - perhaps together with the upcoming mobile game. Whether there'll be anything else covered is anyone's guess, but we'll find out soon enough!

You can watch the presentation from Nintendo's own site, here: nintendo.co.uk/Mis…tml

It'll probably also be on Youtube (and will be archived for on-demand viewing), if you prefer to watch it there.

1. Misc
  2. Nintendo
25 Comments

Well lads and laddettes predictions?

Personally, I think its gonna kick ass, hopefully be a bit better than fates, didn't enjoy it as much as awakening
Edited by: "Rid1" 18th Jan

5 minutes to go!

I've been on the countdown page since the liverpool game finished

Original Poster

So, we have a new 3DS game coming in May:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2fEODzWEAEAB1Y.jpg

Original Poster

...while Fire Emblem Warriors, due for release later this year, will be coming to both the Switch and New 3DS.

There will also be an entirely new Fire Emblem game on the Switch in 2018.

The previously-outlined mobile game is Fire Emblem Heroes.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 18th Jan

Looks like i may cancel my switch pre-order and stick with the 3ds

Original Poster

Pre-registration link for Fire Emblem Heroes on the Google Play store: play.google.com/sto…=en

I'm looking forward to seeing more that Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Would have liked that to appear on the Switch so I would have gotten that version. Not interested in Warriors at all but it's great to see an entirely new one is being made for it. Just a shame it won't be this year
Edited by: "CoolDude0123" 18th Jan

Exciting direct, the mobile game looks like it could be really good (I hope we can buy those gem thingies with My Nintendo points!) I may have to get a New 3ds now, my original is starting to age... X)

Original Poster

mallie21

Looks like i may cancel my switch pre-order and stick with the 3ds

Just make sure that it's a New 3DS if yo want to be playing Fire Emblem Warriors.

Illusionary

So, we have a new 3DS game coming in May:

ill be happy if they keep rolling out new 3ds games as I just got one at christmas, I couldnt watch the video link as it says plug in not supported on my old tablet! Is it a proper fire emblem or a high rule warriors type thing? Thanks
Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 18th Jan

Illusionary

Just make sure that it's a New 3DS if yo want to be playing Fire Emblem … Just make sure that it's a New 3DS if yo want to be playing Fire Emblem Warriors.

To be honest i'm not sure I like the look of that one, but i have the new 3ds xl anyway.

Original Poster

Moonwolf1976

ill be happy if they keep rolling out new 3ds games as I just got one … ill be happy if they keep rolling out new 3ds games as I just got one at christmas, I couldnt watch the video link as it says plug in not supported on my old tablet! Is it a proper fire emblem or a high rule warriors type thing? Thanks

Proper Fire Emblem, but there's also Fire Emblem Warriors as an entirely separate game.

Moonwolf1976

ill be happy if they keep rolling out new 3ds games as I just got one … ill be happy if they keep rolling out new 3ds games as I just got one at christmas, I couldnt watch the video link as it says plug in not supported on my old tablet! Is it a proper fire emblem or a high rule warriors type thing? Thanks

From what I saw there's a new FE coming to 3ds systems which is a totally remastered version of the second game in the series (Gaiden on the NES, it was japan only) called Echoes - Shadows of Valentia. There's also a spin-off game for new 3ds systems called Fire Emblem Warriors (like Hyrule Warriors only Fire Emblem). There's also a new Fire Emblem coming to Switch sometime in 2018. And then there's the mobile game coming out next month called Fire Emblem Heroes. You can vote for your favourite characters to so that they might make it into the game over at the new website here.

ThriftyMcNifty

From what I saw there's a new FE coming to 3ds systems which is a totally … From what I saw there's a new FE coming to 3ds systems which is a totally remastered version of the second game in the series (Gaiden on the NES, it was japan only) called Echoes - Shadows of Valentia. There's also a spin-off game for new 3ds systems called Fire Emblem Warriors (like Hyrule Warriors only Fire Emblem). There's also a new Fire Emblem coming to Switch sometime in 2018. And then there's the mobile game coming out next month called Fire Emblem Heroes. You can vote for your favourite characters to so that they might make it into the game over at the new website here.

Wow great news all round I have a new 3ds xl hope Nintendo and all developers keep bringing out the great games and exclusives for the NEW 3ds and 3ds too along side the SWITCH!

Moonwolf1976

Wow great news all round I have a new 3ds xl hope Nintendo and all … Wow great news all round I have a new 3ds xl hope Nintendo and all developers keep bringing out the great games and exclusives for the NEW 3ds and 3ds too along side the SWITCH!

They did state they don't want it to replace the 3ds, with 3-5 hours playtime i should hope they don't

Illusionary

Just make sure that it's a New 3DS if yo want to be playing Fire Emblem … Just make sure that it's a New 3DS if yo want to be playing Fire Emblem Warriors.

I currently have the 2DS but was wondering are there many 3DS games that are not compatible with the 2DS?

Original Poster

mallie21

They did state they don't want it to replace the 3ds, with 3-5 hours … They did state they don't want it to replace the 3ds, with 3-5 hours playtime i should hope they don't

That's about the same as the 3DS gets

Edited by: "Illusionary" 18th Jan

Original Poster

dr_spaceman

I currently have the 2DS but was wondering are there many 3DS games that … I currently have the 2DS but was wondering are there many 3DS games that are not compatible with the 2DS?

No, only a handful. The 2DS can play all games that play on an 'old' 3DS; it's just New 3DS exclusives that it cant play.

Illusionary

No, only a handful. The 2DS can play all games that play on an 'old' 3DS; … No, only a handful. The 2DS can play all games that play on an 'old' 3DS; it's just New 3DS exclusives that it cant play.

I will need to do a little research on the New 3DS and consider upgrading as I didn't know about the exclusives.

Illusionary

That's about the same as the 3DS gets

3DS gaming: 3.5-7 hours
DS gaming: 7-12 hours

So yeah mighty close but with the 3d off and the brightness not on full it is closer to the 7 hours.
Zelda plays for a reported 3 hours so I have serious doubts anything other than 1-2 switch will get close to the advertised 6 which is where it needs to be to replace the 3ds.

dr_spaceman

I will need to do a little research on the New 3DS and consider upgrading … I will need to do a little research on the New 3DS and consider upgrading as I didn't know about the exclusives.

A list that may be helpful

N3DS Exclusive Games
Futuridium EP Deluxe
Lifespeed
Hyper Light EX
Mini Mario and Friends amiibo Challenge (Require amiibo to play)
Pirate Pop Plus
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Wind Up Knight 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (retail)
Runbow (retail)
forma.8

mallie21

A list that may be helpful N3DS Exclusive GamesFuturidium EP … A list that may be helpful N3DS Exclusive GamesFuturidium EP DeluxeLifespeedHyper Light EXMini Mario and Friends amiibo Challenge (Require amiibo to play)Pirate Pop PlusThe Binding of Isaac RebirthWind Up Knight 2Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (retail)Runbow (retail)forma.8

Thanks that is really helpful. Looking at Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Runbow on Amazon I see the strip along the top saying "Only For New Nintendo 3DS". I now know what to look out for but I can imagine it will confuse a lot of people!

dr_spaceman

Thanks that is really helpful. Looking at Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and … Thanks that is really helpful. Looking at Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Runbow on Amazon I see the strip along the top saying "Only For New Nintendo 3DS". I now know what to look out for but I can imagine it will confuse a lot of people!

Yup I was a little confused too as i've got an "old" 3DS and was wondering if it's worth the upgrade to the new N3DS. Cheers for helping clarufy that up. i'll stick with my old one for now and try and finish ocarina of time!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway46
    2. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop22
    3. Windows 7 reactivation57
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69

See more discussions