Groups

Nintendo DS?

How does the games on this thing work? Are they miniCD's? cartridges? What?

And I'm looking for a Nintendo DS - brand new not bothered about games - how much should i be looking to pay? I should think around the £70-£80 mark?

19 Comments

They are mino cartridges. I'd say around £70 second hand but they may go down in price with the new DSi coming out.

Original Poster

Can it be chipped?

Whats difference between the lite and normal version?

Google is your friend.

Original Poster

thesaint;4810378

Google is your friend.

Yup, got all the info I need.

So around £70 brand new with no games?

Ok can the DSi be chipped? And is it worth getting the DSi over the DS lite?

rash;4810487

Yup, got all the info I need.So around £70 brand new with no games?Ok can … Yup, got all the info I need.So around £70 brand new with no games?Ok can the DSi be chipped? And is it worth getting the DSi over the DS lite?

If you provide a link to that price, someone may be able to help you further, but it sounds like you should be posting in "Deal Requests" really.

Original Poster

thesaint;4810586

If you provide a link to that price, someone may be able to help you … If you provide a link to that price, someone may be able to help you further, but it sounds like you should be posting in "Deal Requests" really.

No just needed an approximate price.

BTW could you answer the other question? Can the DSi be chipped?

as the dsi hasnt been released yet im pretty sure no one will no the answer to that yet,

rash;4810603

No just needed an approximate price. BTW could you answer the other … No just needed an approximate price. BTW could you answer the other question? Can the DSi be chipped?

Yes and no, it's complicated to explain.

Original Poster

thesaint;4810683

Yes and no, it's complicated to explain.

You have any links where I can read up on this?

I've seen DSTT cards on sale claiming they are for DSi.

rash;4810696

You have any links where I can read up on this?

gbatemp.net/ind…=37

rash;4810696

I've seen DSTT cards on sale claiming they are for DSi.

Someone told me that they stopped producing PS2's 2 years ago, and no longer make games for them.

Sometimes "people" are wrong/not up to date.

Acekards etc work, best to use google

rash;4810769

Maybe it is possible? http://dsiflashcards.com/tag/dsi-roms/

That article was written last year and was tested on a Japanese DSi.

The DSi for Europe has different firmware, and unlike the DS lite, is upgradeable.
    Why everyone is rushing to get a DSi is unbeknown to me, even the adverts on the television show no new games for it, and only showcase stretching photos. Cool. :roll:

This machine may be a worthwhile spend of £150, but at the moment, not.

Original Poster

Thanks guys. Made up my mind. DSi is not worth the extra money considering it has no new games - and the price it too much for what you actually get.

Original Poster

Ok guys what card do I need if I want to run my own software on it (homebrew) and also use DS roms on it?

Which cards is cheapest? Which card is best? and which card is Both?

rash;4819155

Which cards is cheapest?

DSTT?

rash;4819155

Which card is best?

Cyclods?

rash;4819155

and which card is Both?

See above^^^

Original Poster

Well I ordered this Acekard 2 from DX. About £8 delivered:

dealextreme.com/det…811

Not a bad price. But will take a little while to get delivered. And will save me time having to find all the info about the card on the net.

Plus firmware is open source so i can mod it if I want.

rash;4822394

Well I ordered this Acekard 2 from DX. About £8 delivered: … Well I ordered this Acekard 2 from DX. About £8 delivered: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811Not a bad price. But will take a little while to get delivered. And will save me time having to find all the info about the card on the net.Plus firmware is open source so i can mod it if I want.

Good choice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230717
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…46
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764543
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846305

See more discussions