Groups

Nintendo DS For use in UK purchased from Dubai.

I am going to be visiting Dubai next weekend and have been told by various people that the price of a DS there is about 60quid. I have done a bit of investigation and it seems that they are region free.
    Does anyone know of any other problems that i may face using a DS from dubai in the UK?

I am also planning to purchase an R4 or another named cartridge that will serve the same purpose. Any suggestions as to which cartridge would be the best to buy? I alreday have a 2gb Micro SD so i will not need a package deal.

All suggestions would be very much appreciated, and i will glady assign rep to individuals!!

8 Comments

The DS is region free, s the only issue you'll have is the power plug - not sure what type they use in Dubai, but you shoulkd be able to get a new ply/adaptor here easily and cheaply if needed. As for the cart, go for the cheapest. The R4 is good, but you should know that it doesn't take a Mini-SDHC card. Your 2GB card will work great, but you won't be able to use a 4GB card or higher. The TTDS or M3 or Edge cards will allow you to do this, so a better option if you want to carry a lot of music etc as well as games. Enjoy your trip to Dubai!

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;1847133

The DS is region free, s the only issue you'll have is the power plug - … The DS is region free, s the only issue you'll have is the power plug - not sure what type they use in Dubai, but you shoulkd be able to get a new ply/adaptor here easily and cheaply if needed. As for the cart, go for the cheapest. The R4 is good, but you should know that it doesn't take a Mini-SDHC card. Your 2GB card will work great, but you won't be able to use a 4GB card or higher. The TTDS or M3 or Edge cards will allow you to do this, so a better option if you want to carry a lot of music etc as well as games. Enjoy your trip to Dubai!

Thanks Liddle ol' me, i have had a look around and it looks like i will be able to get an sdhc compatible R6 for aroung 15quid from deal extreme. shall i go for it or do you think this is expensive?

BTW, rep added!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ap123ap;1847149

Thanks Liddle ol' me, i have had a look around and it looks like i will … Thanks Liddle ol' me, i have had a look around and it looks like i will be able to get an sdhc compatible R6 for aroung 15quid from deal extreme. shall i go for it or do you think this is expensive?BTW, rep added!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

haven't tried the R6 yet, but presume it does what the other recent arrivals do. If it's SDHC compatible and only £15, then yes, I'd go for it! (Thanks for the rep).

pfft people who use r4s are killing the gaming industry :-(

stratomaster;1847183

pfft people who use r4s are killing the gaming industry :-(

Somehow I think they'll survive. It is a multi-billion pound industry after all. Killing is an exaggeration, but I take your point.

Liddle ol' me;1847193

Somehow I think they'll survive. It is a multi-billion pound industry … Somehow I think they'll survive. It is a multi-billion pound industry after all. Killing is an exaggeration, but I take your point.

True, they are doing it to themselves really, no sympathy here....

There is a voltage issue with buying an uk plug adaptor for the us charger. You are better off buying a UK charger when you get here or even a usb charger to charge from your computer - they only cost a few pounds

try this

]http//ww…152

They're about 699 dollars which is about £96 at the moment. My friend has just got one at Dubai airport so they're not that cheap. Maybe on the streets they are.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions