Nintendo DS Games USA Imports - Work OK and Legit??

I'm looking at buying the Super Mario Bros DS for my niece and alot of them on eBay are USA Imports.

Are these legit and work on on her DS Lite??

4 Comments

How would anyone know if they are legit?
DS games are region free.

They work fine if they're the genuine DS games - bought a few in NY before and they were fine. As stated above they are region free but you've no way of knowing if they are genuine till you get them.

Original Poster

kaks26

They work fine if they're the genuine DS games - bought a few in NY … They work fine if they're the genuine DS games - bought a few in NY before and they were fine. As stated above they are region free but you've no way of knowing if they are genuine till you get them.

Thanks kaks26 - do you know what will give it away if it's not genuine? Or will it be so bloomin' obvious!!

Have a look here. It tells you how to check the actual cartridge.

pocketgamer.co.uk/r/D…191

Also Google to see how to spot fake packaging too as I got one from the Bay and was suspicious re packaging and the case. Can't remember where I got the info as it was so long ago but it was something to do with the colour of the case and the wrapping (as there was no Nintendo seal) or Nintendo stamp on the case. I got a refund after kicking up a fuss though so I'm very wary about DS games on there now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
    2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
    3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
    4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions