Nintendo DS R4 Card, What's it all about?

My daughters have been given a disc containing a selection of games for their DS games console. Apparently it needs a card and software to run these games. Can any body advise me what it's all about and what can go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

17 Comments

Banned

Get an R4 cartridge..stick a Micro SD card in (any size) stick the .nds files contained on the disk onto the memory card via drag and drop...DONE

'Free' games downloaded from net

What can go wrong....

er...NOTHING

Doesnt invalidate warranty or anything..its the same as the game cartridges

you need to buy a dstt or m3 card or such like also u need a sd card 2gb or higher , and then you need to download the firmware or kernel for relavant card and bobs your uncle

i have an r4 and anything higher than a 2gb sd card and it throws a wobbley
but you can still get 30+ games on 2gb cards

thanks

ODB_69;3790555

What can go wrong....er...NOTHINGDoesnt invalidate warranty or … What can go wrong....er...NOTHINGDoesnt invalidate warranty or anything..its the same as the game cartridges

Apart from the legal issues of course

You should, of course, be aware that there's a very good chance that the games on the disc are pirated. So one thing that can go wrong is that you can be arrested and face a fairly large fine or worse. :whistling:

tony_s1;3790625

You should, of course, be aware that there's a very good chance that the … You should, of course, be aware that there's a very good chance that the games on the disc are pirated. So one thing that can go wrong is that you can be arrested and face a fairly large fine or worse. :whistling:

lol

Original Poster

teambintip;3790621

Apart from the legal issues of course

tony_s1;3790625

You should, of course, be aware that there's a very good chance that the … You should, of course, be aware that there's a very good chance that the games on the disc are pirated. So one thing that can go wrong is that you can be arrested and face a fairly large fine or worse. :whistling:

Thank you, your advice will be noted.

tony_s1;3790625

me too,lol!!

pugw$sh;3790648

]Is this the sort of card that I need, or can anybody recommend … ]Is this the sort of card that I need, or can anybody recommend something?Thanks for the replies, rep will be left.

Try here

memorybits.co.uk/cat…840

Banned

I can vouch for the R4...no experience of the others

harry127;3790711

Try … Try herehttp://www.memorybits.co.uk/categories/nintendo-ds-lite-accessories/840

+ hotukdeals.com/ite…ts/

= £17 delivered

I've got an R4 card and it's great. I got mine off Amazon Marketplace but I gather that you have to be careful because there are some duds being sold. If you're not fussed about the legal side of it I'd recommend it.

Dont get an R4, you can only get upto 2gb mem cards for them.

Get an M3 Real (exactly the same), but you can use High Capacity cards with them. I have an 8gb card in mine

Got it from here

modchip-store.co.uk/

Get the M3 card from there, but not the mem cards (too dear)

ChrisUK;3791266

Dont get an R4, you can only get upto 2gb mem cards for them.Get an M3 … Dont get an R4, you can only get upto 2gb mem cards for them.Get an M3 Real (exactly the same), but you can use High Capacity cards with them. I have an 8gb card in mine :)Got it from herehttp://www.modchip-store.co.uk/Get the M3 card from there, but not the mem cards (too dear)

Hmmm i clicked this link on my work computer and the site is blocked.

The reason???? CRIMINAL ACTIVITY!

Thanks for that, prob just got me the sack!
Doesn't sound like the sort of site i'd want to be buying stuff from if its been labelled as criminal by my work :whistling:

I got one ]from Amazon, received in 3 days, works a treat
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1313
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1618
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846083
    4. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243

See more discussions