Nintendo DS with what free game at Tesco?

I saw that my local Tesco's in Hove were selling the Nintendo DS lite for £96 with free 'board game'. I've no idea if this is an actual board game, 42 All-Time Classics or The Hasbro Compilation (Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleships)

Does anybody know?

I phoned the store but they couldn't check as they had none in stock.

Thanks!

9 Comments

Blockbuster are doing a bundle for £99 - DS lite plus selected game plus starter pack (case, stylii etc)

IMO a better deal than Tesco....

Original Poster

That does sound good. The DVD-orientated website has no info so I'll have to pop in to a store.

Do you know if I have to select from a list of games or can I choose any? I may plumb for the John Lewis option if there's not much to choose from.

there are about 6 games you can choose from - one of which is the original brain training game. If you pay an additional £10 you can choose any DS game.

KingOfMyCastle

I saw that my local Tesco's in Hove were selling the Nintendo DS lite for … I saw that my local Tesco's in Hove were selling the Nintendo DS lite for £96 with free 'board game'. I've no idea if this is an actual board game, 42 All-Time Classics or The Hasbro Compilation (Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleships)Does anybody know?I phoned the store but they couldn't check as they had none in stock.Thanks!

I think the 'board game' they mean is an option of
]http//ww…tml
or ]http//ww…tml
[COLOR="Red"](Play.com has been used for reference only) [/COLOR]
That seems like a pretty good deal if they have it in stock BTW

KingOfMyCastle

I saw that my local Tesco's in Hove were selling the Nintendo DS lite for … I saw that my local Tesco's in Hove were selling the Nintendo DS lite for £96 with free 'board game'. I've no idea if this is an actual board game, 42 All-Time Classics or The Hasbro Compilation (Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleships)Does anybody know?I phoned the store but they couldn't check as they had none in stock.Thanks!

Try Holmbush as it is a bigger store and should have some in stock :thumbsup:

BTW watch out for handbag theives in that store, they pounce in the veg sections as all the women leave their bags unattended and come back and find them gone - BIG problem in that store (George Street)

Original Poster

Crazy1

Try Holmbush as it is a bigger store and should have some in stock … Try Holmbush as it is a bigger store and should have some in stock :thumbsup:

No, they only had 2 DS's only in stock, no bundles. Will try Hove again (and Blockbusters).

Thanks for the suggestion.

gamestation have several bundles, i got mine for £109 with any game of my choice, i chose the new super mario brothers, they had packs with several games but is had to be those selected ones and with starter packs n stuff, i would recommend checking out the deals at gamestation

Original Poster

Thanks for your help. My Mum's birthday was looming so I needed to get one the high street soonish. I was going to give her my old copy of Brain Training and I was going to keep the new game - for now.

I kept trying Tescos (my preferred £96 option) but they never had it in stock, even though it was still displayed on the shop floor. The four times I rang they also couldn't answer the question of which game was in the bundle.

So I thought I'd try and do the GameStation deal for £110. I've been wanting to play Elite Beat Agents but they didn't have any copies in stock and I couldn't see any other game I wanted. The staff there (Western Road, Hove) were so disinterested in the fact I had £110 in my pocket I wanted to spend at their store that I decided not to spend my money there. - Thank God I don't own that company as they could be high street leaders if they made just a few simple changes. The money was almost in their till -

Blockbusters had a similar deal. Their £105 was better but I already had all the games they offered. I would have taken theie £110 deal with Elite Beat Agents but they didn't have the pink DS lite in stock. Nor did 5 of the other local branches, just the black. Oh well

So next stop was GAME. Here I asked for advice and got it. They told me what models were in stock and I went for the £105 with free Transformers game. I was hoping that I would be able to cash this in for £15+ somewhere but CEX would only offer £12. I did get £2.50 on my GAME Reward card though. Oh well, at least I have the machine and received good customer service.

Overall it will work out at £90 which isn't bad.

GameStation, please sort ot out before you drive all your customers away!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?29130
    2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1422
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764196
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846160

See more discussions