Groups

nintendo dsi question

just wondered will a nintendo dsi work here in the uk if bought from usa?

13 Comments

No they only work in the American time zones.

Yes they will work

At least I know the DS lites do!

Yes and no.

"Nintendo has reported that the DSi uses region locking for DSi-specific software, since the handheld provides Internet services tailored individually for each region, and uses rating-based parental controls which differ by country. However, elements such as Internet browsing, photo sharing, and Nintendo DS software are region-free."

Though you may have other uses for it such as R4/EDGE dsi equivalent. If so, other than finding a way to charge it up using a UK mains, you should be good to go.

Original Poster

robtallica;5926588

Yes and no."Nintendo has reported that the DSi uses region locking for … Yes and no."Nintendo has reported that the DSi uses region locking for DSi-specific software, since the handheld provides Internet services tailored individually for each region, and uses rating-based parental controls which differ by country. However, elements such as Internet browsing, photo sharing, and Nintendo DS software are region-free."Though you may have other uses for it such as R4/EDGE dsi equivalent. If so, other than finding a way to charge it up using a UK mains, you should be good to go.

no idea whats a r4/edge have heard of it being mentioned

so all the uk games should work fine i take it?

khalifazed;5926648

no idea whats a r4/edge have heard of it being mentionedso all the uk … no idea whats a r4/edge have heard of it being mentionedso all the uk games should work fine i take it?

It was stated clearly in my first reply, DSi specific software is region locked, though you are able to import DSi games. Standard DS software is regionfree.

works fine but the dsi shop is different i have a american dsi my other half has a uk dsi

i use an acekardi

Original Poster

siwrath;5926682

works fine but the dsi shop is different i have a american dsi my other … works fine but the dsi shop is different i have a american dsi my other half has a uk dsii use an acekardi

what do u mean dsi shop is different?

and whatsa acekardi mate?

Original Poster

robtallica;5926678

It was stated clearly in my first reply, DSi specific software is region … It was stated clearly in my first reply, DSi specific software is region locked, though you are able to import DSi games. Standard DS software is regionfree.

thanks was just a lil confused

might just get a ds for the lil 1 from the states if it works out cheaper and buy the charger from here

khalifazed;5926739

what do u mean dsi shop is different?and whatsa acekardi mate?

its different by one or two games.

sorry i meant an acekard 2i (like an r4 card but with updatable software)

Acekards, R4etc don't work with the 1.4e version, european I know but still a [email protected]!

Banned

robtallica;5926588

Yes and no."Nintendo has reported that the DSi uses region locking for … Yes and no."Nintendo has reported that the DSi uses region locking for DSi-specific software, since the handheld provides Internet services tailored individually for each region, and uses rating-based parental controls which differ by country. However, elements such as Internet browsing, photo sharing, and Nintendo DS software are region-free."Though you may have other uses for it such as R4/EDGE dsi equivalent. If so, other than finding a way to charge it up using a UK mains, you should be good to go.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Banana79;5927230

Acekards, R4etc don't work with the 1.4e version, european I know but … Acekards, R4etc don't work with the 1.4e version, european I know but still a [email protected]!

im on 1.3U and i can connect to the internet

dont go on the shop as prompts an update
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1831
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767127
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2599
      4. TechInTheBasket?69

See more discussions