Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator

Found 18th Sep 2017
Apparently Nintendo Switch has a hidden NES emulator feature.

"It looks as though Nintendo has been preparing to support retro games on the Switch since day one, though, and in particular NES titles. As Engadget explains, hackers dissecting the Switch's system files discovered a title called "flog," which is golf written backwards, and turns out to be a NES emulator and a copy of NES title Golf from 1984."

Read more here: pcmag.com/new…tor
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
Is the Nintendo online subscription for the Switch set to include access to the back catalogue of NES games? Originally I think it was going to be two specific games each month but after criticism of this they appeared to come out and change it to include access to all NES games.
Saw this on Nintendolife. Love the name though it couldnt be any further from a golf game title, it sounds more like one of 'those' Japanese visual novel games, which reminds me I need to pick up that humble bundle...
Edited by: "BIGUSHEADUS" 19th Sep 2017
This is an incredibly moving thing for a company to do, have a look at what Eurogamer purpose is the reason behind the incluson of GOLF. eurogamer.net/art…ent
Edited by: "BIGUSHEADUS" 20th Sep 2017
Original Poster
BIGUSHEADUS2 m ago

This is an incredibly moving thing for a company to do, have a look at …This is an incredibly moving thing for a company to do, have a look at what Eurogamer purpose is the reason behind the incluson of GOLF. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-20-could-the-switchs-secret-game-be-a-tribute-to-nintendos-late-president

Interesting.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions