Nintendo switch

Posted 25th Mar
Is it actually worth buying a switch lite instead of a Nintendo switch
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

26 Comments
If you never want or intend to play it in docked mode then yes... it’s that simple really
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 25th Mar
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 13:38

If you never want or intend to play it in docked mode then yes... it’s t …If you never want or intend to play it in docked mode then yes... it’s that simple really

Docked mode ?
steveo7325/03/2020 13:39

Docked mode ?

Yes, docked mode is when you play it on your TV
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 13:40

Yes, docked mode is when you play it on your TV

Ok can you connect to tablet ?
Personally I find it a better gaming experience playing off a monitor/TV, with my pro controller, but everyone is different.
I don’t think it is purely because of the joy-con drift issues. If the Switch Lite’s sticks suffer from it then your whole console is affected whereas you at least have the chance to buy new joy-cons with the TV based model.
Biddy225/03/2020 13:42

I don’t think it is purely because of the joy-con drift issues. If the S …I don’t think it is purely because of the joy-con drift issues. If the Switch Lite’s sticks suffer from it then your whole console is affected whereas you at least have the chance to buy new joy-cons with the TV based model.

Joy con drift ??
steveo7325/03/2020 13:42

Joy con drift ??

It’s a well known issue that Nintendo is reluctant to accept as an issue. They do repair for free in some cases though. This explains it better than I can summarise for you. theverge.com/201…ned
steveo7325/03/2020 13:42

Joy con drift ??

It is basically Nintendo cheaping out on cost of parts, and almost all analog sticks suffer with drift (moving on its own) at some point. Every joycon I’ve had has suffered with it, and I have to keep doing temporary fixes.
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 13:38

If you never want or intend to play it in docked mode then yes... it’s t …If you never want or intend to play it in docked mode then yes... it’s that simple really

Its not that simple at all, the 'lite' has a smaller screen and no 3d rumble.
paulj4825/03/2020 13:48

Its not that simple at all, the 'lite' has a smaller screen and no 3d …Its not that simple at all, the 'lite' has a smaller screen and no 3d rumble.

It is as simple as that though, you either want to play it on TV (in which case you buy the standard Switch) or you don’t (in which case you buy the Lite).
paulj4825/03/2020 13:48

Its not that simple at all, the 'lite' has a smaller screen and no 3d …Its not that simple at all, the 'lite' has a smaller screen and no 3d rumble.

The main reason to buy a regular switch over the lite is the option to play in dock mode.
Edited by: "I_Wish" 25th Mar
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 13:48

It is basically Nintendo cheaping out on cost of parts, and almost all …It is basically Nintendo cheaping out on cost of parts, and almost all analog sticks suffer with drift (moving on its own) at some point. Every joycon I’ve had has suffered with it, and I have to keep doing temporary fixes.

I’ve still not suffered it yet with my launch joy-cons. (Have two pairs) Seems to be a big issue though as I hear many are affected by it. I heard the Pro controller is also susceptible but again, mine is still standing.
Biddy225/03/2020 13:59

I’ve still not suffered it yet with my launch joy-cons. (Have two pairs) S …I’ve still not suffered it yet with my launch joy-cons. (Have two pairs) Seems to be a big issue though as I hear many are affected by it. I heard the Pro controller is also susceptible but again, mine is still standing.

Yeah my Pro is going strong, I’ve put custom skins on my joycons so it’s easy enough to take apart. I’m just going to buy new analog sticks for them all tbh, as they just go back to drifting.
Biddy225/03/2020 13:59

I’ve still not suffered it yet with my launch joy-cons. (Have two pairs) S …I’ve still not suffered it yet with my launch joy-cons. (Have two pairs) Seems to be a big issue though as I hear many are affected by it. I heard the Pro controller is also susceptible but again, mine is still standing.

Don't jinx yourself They're easy to replace anyway click if you wanted to do it yourself. I've done it twice so far (other family members joy-cons)
Edited by: "I_Wish" 25th Mar
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 14:03

Yeah my Pro is going strong, I’ve put custom skins on my joycons so it’s ea …Yeah my Pro is going strong, I’ve put custom skins on my joycons so it’s easy enough to take apart. I’m just going to buy new analog sticks for them all tbh, as they just go back to drifting.

I thought about buying loads of the sticks as a backup ready for the situation. Found a site that seems to sell all kinds of parts for Switch consoles at ok prices too. (I would use eBay but the chances of getting some cheap tat that are worse than the original parts is too high.)

I_Wish25/03/2020 14:03

Don't jinx yourself

*Turns and looks at his Switch with a look of fear*

a lot of games have features catered to joy cons, which cost £70 on top of the light model, if you ever want to play them may as well just get a regular console
Felicitous25/03/2020 14:45

a lot of games have features catered to joy cons, which cost £70 on top of …a lot of games have features catered to joy cons, which cost £70 on top of the light model, if you ever want to play them may as well just get a regular console

What's a joy con ??
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 13:48

It is basically Nintendo cheaping out on cost of parts, and almost all …It is basically Nintendo cheaping out on cost of parts, and almost all analog sticks suffer with drift (moving on its own) at some point. Every joycon I’ve had has suffered with it, and I have to keep doing temporary fixes.

Cheap . The controllers are really expensive
dezbo888825/03/2020 15:18

Cheap . The controllers are really expensive

Yeah for us to buy, however it is quite clear they have used cheap parts
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 15:33

Yeah for us to buy, however it is quite clear they have used cheap parts …Yeah for us to buy, however it is quite clear they have used cheap parts

Thanks couldn't agree more .been told on here multiple times that they are made from high grade material with the lastest technology

My view miniature overpriced flimsy tat.
dezbo888825/03/2020 16:03

Thanks couldn't agree more .been told on here multiple times that they are …Thanks couldn't agree more .been told on here multiple times that they are made from high grade material with the lastest technology My view miniature overpriced flimsy tat.

100% the joycons and the casing of the actual Switch is absolutely terrible quality. I’ve got 3 sets of joycons and all of them are broken, admittedly they are used by my kids. However that’s no excuse for the huge numbers of issues across the world. I simply wouldn’t recommend a Switch to anyone based on my experiences.
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 16:07

100% the joycons and the casing of the actual Switch is absolutely …100% the joycons and the casing of the actual Switch is absolutely terrible quality. I’ve got 3 sets of joycons and all of them are broken, admittedly they are used by my kids. However that’s no excuse for the huge numbers of issues across the world. I simply wouldn’t recommend a Switch to anyone based on my experiences.

Lite ??
JohnnyRoller25/03/2020 16:07

100% the joycons and the casing of the actual Switch is absolutely …100% the joycons and the casing of the actual Switch is absolutely terrible quality. I’ve got 3 sets of joycons and all of them are broken, admittedly they are used by my kids. However that’s no excuse for the huge numbers of issues across the world. I simply wouldn’t recommend a Switch to anyone based on my experiences.

Ive got a launch switch had it over 2 years, the original joy cons still work perfect with no drift and i used them to play Zelda and Mario odyssey for over 200 hours before i purchased a pro controller.
I have 3 sets of joy cons in total and none broken, my switch has been great and i would highly recommend it.
Even if i did have faults etc.. the games are more than worth it, id still buy one just for zelda, mario and dq11
Just putting that out there to the op who has probably been put off by all these negative comments when it will most likely be fine if you look after it
You get a lot more use for the extra £80, 4 people can play, you can put on big tv and you get the portability of the light..
steveo7325/03/2020 15:09

What's a joy con ??

the switch controllers, the motion & IR sensors can be fun with some games
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants