Groups

Nintendo switch battery died?

So I charged my Switch up to 59% last night. Went to play it just now and it's dead. I'm 99% sure I didn't leave it on, but even if I did it turns off after a certain time. Has this happened to anyone else?

14 Comments

it's a new console don't ever buy a console as soon as it is released as this type of thing happens

but if these eager, early adopters didn't buy them how does the rest of the world find out about issues??

Original Poster

Update: the red joycon is now dead. Really hoping it's just because it's not charged or something. Thank goodness there's a touchscreen is all I can say

** this turned out to be the JoyCon de-synced for some reason, despite not having happened before. Has full battery
    Edited by: "Dolphinzz" 15th Mar

Never understood the logic of never buy a new console at launch, if no body bought it when it came out, and people waited month's, it would be seen as a failure.

Be thankful people do buy things at launch otherwise they wouldn't be around for long, I have not had any issues at the moment with my switch maybe try charging it back up and leaving it and see if it does it again if so your probably gonna have to contact Nintendo.

Original Poster

smg1984

Be thankful people do buy things at launch otherwise they wouldn't be … Be thankful people do buy things at launch otherwise they wouldn't be around for long, I have not had any issues at the moment with my switch maybe try charging it back up and leaving it and see if it does it again if so your probably gonna have to contact Nintendo.

Just left them an email. Joycons were charged so don't see why the second issue happened. Though since the joycons are charged I think I'll play on my TV so I don't have to stretch the charger to play

Dolphinzz

Just left them an email. Joycons were charged so don't see why the second … Just left them an email. Joycons were charged so don't see why the second issue happened. Though since the joycons are charged I think I'll play on my TV so I don't have to stretch the charger to play

​Possible software update ?

Original Poster

kester76

​Possible software update ?

Shouldn't be. I only checked the other day

This happened to me once too but it's been fine since. The console probably kept waking up from sleep mode. Or woke up and the refused to turn off. Mine went from 99 percent at night to 24 when I woke up.

After playing mine docked one evening I turned it fully off as opposed to sleep mode. When I took it out of the dock in the morning it was 50 something percent. I thought that perhaps as I'd turned it completely off and left it docked it had drained due to the physical connection. Haven't tried to repeat

jco83

After playing mine docked one evening I turned it fully off as opposed to … After playing mine docked one evening I turned it fully off as opposed to sleep mode. When I took it out of the dock in the morning it was 50 something percent. I thought that perhaps as I'd turned it completely off and left it docked it had drained due to the physical connection. Haven't tried to repeat

I would be very surprised if that was the case.

Original Poster

jco83

After playing mine docked one evening I turned it fully off as opposed to … After playing mine docked one evening I turned it fully off as opposed to sleep mode. When I took it out of the dock in the morning it was 50 something percent. I thought that perhaps as I'd turned it completely off and left it docked it had drained due to the physical connection. Haven't tried to repeat

I turn mine off instead of sleep mode. I think the time mine died was the one time I put it on sleep mode rather than turning off. I keep it on when it's in the dock charging though.

Original Poster

Decoded

At least it's not bending. At least it's not bending. https://www.neowin.net/news/bent-out-of-shape-some-nintendo-switch-owners-say-their-consoles-are-warping-while-docked

Lol yeah I read about that yesterday. Checked mine after reading and it was fine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions