Nintendo switch bent screen

Posted 21st Nov
Hi all bought a switch of A.O using Aus discount ebay code last Xmas, using Aus address.

The screen has bowed like in the DM article.

dailymail.co.uk/sci…tml

Nintendo said they may not repair it as it's not know problem.

What do I do?

Thanks how2
Community Updates

Groups

12 Comments
Well i knew about this issue over a year ago, due to seeing many complaints about it, so how do nintendo not know about it the liars :/
Its apparently caused by excessive gaming with it in the dock, however i only ever use mine docked and ive put over 500 hours into it easy and haven't had the issue. Is it certain games that cause it to overheat ?
I wouldn't worry too much. It probably won't bend anymore than it already has.
I couldn't get the provided link in a state that was readable so tried to look up info myself, here's a link if anyone else has that problem en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app…%3F

I got console on launch and haven't noticed a bend yet but also haven't looked for one, hope it's okay. I had a desk once that warped in a similar way, can't imagine glass handling that well
Edited by: "Felicitous" 21st Nov
Nintendo Switch consoles are made from really bad quality materials (in my opinion), I have 2 consoles and both have had the plastic crack and break (from changes in temperature). The joycons are absolutely dreadful as well, with 2 sets suffering from the left analog drifting. I honestly can’t believe they have got away with designing such a poor device, made out of cheap and nasty parts...
Thank you Mark_Hickman I thougt this was well know, I think i was due to over heating as well as my nephews play it and started

Felicitous Thanks for the link.
So they don't fixed known issues, and they don't fix unknown issues?? So they fix nothing!? (jk)
I sold my Switch today as just don't trust them anymore. Joycon drift, scratched screens, cracking cases, bending and goodness knows what else. Sticking with my Xbox One S. They at least seem more robust and the games are much cheaper especially on Gamepass.
Edited by: "Mellotron" 21st Nov
Rune_2H21/11/2019 15:46

Comment deleted

There already is a revision, since just a ¿couple? months ago. It has an updated SoC, giving much better power efficiency and improved battery life. No other changes
jco8321/11/2019 20:07

There already is a revision, since just a ¿couple? months ago. It has an …There already is a revision, since just a ¿couple? months ago. It has an updated SoC, giving much better power efficiency and improved battery life. No other changes

How do you tell the difference?
how221/11/2019 21:05

How do you tell the difference?

Revised model box has an all-red background. And the model number has (-01) added, making it model HAC-001(-01). The original Switch is model HAC-001. Don't get them confused!
Mellotron21/11/2019 20:03

I sold my Switch today as just don't trust them anymore. Joycon drift, …I sold my Switch today as just don't trust them anymore. Joycon drift, scratched screens, cracking cases, bending and goodness knows what else. Sticking with my Xbox One S. They at least seem more robust and the games are much cheaper especially on Gamepass.

Obviously a lot of people do have issues but its not worth worrying about if it hasn't happened to yours.
I've played hundreds of hours on each big game like zelda, dragon quest etc and ive got 24 games, so you can imagine my switch is very highly used and ive not had one problem with it yet.
The amount of issues compared with units sold is probably very low like 1%
Mark_Hickman22/11/2019 17:37

Obviously a lot of people do have issues but its not worth worrying about …Obviously a lot of people do have issues but its not worth worrying about if it hasn't happened to yours.I've played hundreds of hours on each big game like zelda, dragon quest etc and ive got 24 games, so you can imagine my switch is very highly used and ive not had one problem with it yet. The amount of issues compared with units sold is probably very low like 1%

I guess I just felt nervous using the system again. The joycon drift fault definitely sounds problematic though and Nintendo in the US were sued.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions