Nintendo Switch delayed on Amazon?

My Nintendo Switch was suppose to be arriving March 3rd, and I ordered straight after pre-orders went up. However it has now been delayed until Marc 9th, and Amazon are looking into it. Can everyone else check theirs? Mine is the Neon colour.

20 Comments

You probably missed the first wave. Think there is a shortage on the neon ones.

My grey preorder with them is still 3rd of march

mine still says march 3. I don't think you have too much to worry about I will probably cancel and I think a lot of others will too. mine is the grey one

Original Poster

MoneyEyes

You probably missed the first wave. Think there is a shortage on the neon … You probably missed the first wave. Think there is a shortage on the neon ones.My grey preorder with them is still 3rd of march

I ordered 10 minutes after the orders went up and it originally said March 3rd until today

Quick it looks like Game got extra allocation...

game.co.uk/en/…tch

Not only are Game selling Zelda for a tenner more than the likes of amazon, when buying the switch from them bundled with Zelda it actually costs a penny more than if you bought the two items from them separately. Thanks for nothing Game!

Checked my amazon account - my neon switch is still marked for delivery on 3rd March. I ordered on the first day preorders went live but a little later at around 8:30am.

I ordered my neon switch at 08:36am the morning of preorders going live. Just checked - still showing as the 3rd (for now anyway!). I have Prime.

Original Poster

I ordered at 8:24am so this is really strange

I ordered the second they went up and had it for the 3rd, and mine now says 9th as well. I spoke to CS, and they said:

We expect the suppliers to bring the items 1st batch to deliver the order … We expect the suppliers to bring the items 1st batch to deliver the order on 3rd and then the 2nd batch to make sure the delivery is on 9th.As we are getting more orders for this item we advised the suppliers to bring more quantities to make the delivery on 3rd itself.So most of the orders having 3 - 9 as a delivery date will be delivering the release date itself.I am sure that you receive this order on release date and enjoy it.

I have a feeling a few people will cancel a week before release. Myself possibly included.

This is why I don't use Amazon for pre orders anymore. I've been stung twice by them with delayed releases, their pre order policy is not serious.

Did you change any details at all, delivery address or payment method, stupidly this starts a new order, same crap happened to me with a neon, its still 9th march :9

robertsammons

Did you change any details at all, delivery address or payment method, … Did you change any details at all, delivery address or payment method, stupidly this starts a new order, same crap happened to me with a neon, its still 9th march :9

It is stupid - what's worse is it doesn't tell you it will make a change until it's too late!

I ordered at about 7.05-10 am as soon as the page was actually working, and i got an email a few days ago saying it had changed to the 4th

Or try smyths

qwertymz

It is stupid - what's worse is it doesn't tell you it will make a change … It is stupid - what's worse is it doesn't tell you it will make a change until it's too late!

Exactly and it doesn't say you go to the back of the queue.

Original Poster

robertsammons

Did you change any details at all, delivery address or payment method, … Did you change any details at all, delivery address or payment method, stupidly this starts a new order, same crap happened to me with a neon, its still 9th march :9

I changed my debit card details and that's what they said altered it. Now ordered on Tesco instead

ElectroDragon8

I changed my debit card details and that's what they said altered it. Now … I changed my debit card details and that's what they said altered it. Now ordered on Tesco instead

Yup, ridiculous

Is Tesco offering day 1?

Original Poster

robertsammons

Yup, ridiculousIs Tesco offering day 1?

Yep, they're good with pre-orders too and have good CS

Shopto is offering day one only on the grey console, as of when I preordered it earlier today. I would talk to the live chat and see if they have anymore.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313803
    2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway66
    3. word association Game74044556
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would29117

See more discussions