Nintendo Switch extra controller?

Posted 30th Dec 2019
We got a Nintendo switch for son for Christmas and I’m starting to think we need an extra controller. Have tried fifa 2 player with the 2 joy cons but they’re really small.

To get a full extra controller do we need to get another pair of joy cons (£65 ish) and the holder thing (£25 ish)? So about £90 total . Or anyone got any other tips/ideas?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Wireless switch controller, wasn't hard to google.
You could get more joy cons or you could buy a wired controller / pro controller. I use my pro controller more than the joy cons myself, but they are expensive so if you want two controllers then wired ones may be a better option (depending on your budget), to my knowledge though no wired controller has rumble or motion controls. I'm not sure if that is an issue in your case
Westwoodo30/12/2019 19:03

Wireless switch controller, wasn't hard to google.

I’ve only seen the joy cons but will investigate a bit more
You can get an Xbox style control on amazon for about £20. They are decent enough got 1 myself. Good for games that don’t use the motion sensors
Or for about £30 Argos do GameCube style wireless ones
Be careful with some of the aftermarket ones, do some reading. There are some real stinkers out there. And don't get a wired one, they severely limit the options for control.

We bought our son a Pokemon Sword wireless controller, partly because he's a Pokemon fan but partly because they're proper wireless ones. It performs really well and is a decent enough quality. He did want a Pro controller but we managed to convince him the Pokemon one would be a better option. Not too expensive either, £30 if memory serves.
Buy this ebay.co.uk/ulk…879 and you'll be able to wirelessly connect any Bluetooth controller (i use my Ps4 controller).
MadeDixonsCry30/12/2019 20:37

Buy this https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/283426519879 and you'll be able to …Buy this https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/283426519879 and you'll be able to wirelessly connect any Bluetooth controller (i use my Ps4 controller).

This sounds great. Is it easy to revert the ps4 controller back to use with the ps4
allsa00130/12/2019 22:12

This sounds great. Is it easy to revert the ps4 controller back to use …This sounds great. Is it easy to revert the ps4 controller back to use with the ps4

Yup. Just connect with the charging cable and "pair" again.
I highly recommend the 8bitdo controller posted above . 8bitdo are known for their quality products, this isn’t a cheaply manufactured 3rd party peripheral.
You can buy plastic shell 'grips' for individual Joy-Con so it makes them feel more like a regular gamepad. Like this amazon.co.uk/Ama…3LY
I would also recommend the 8bitdo controllers. Superb quality. Great battery life etc. I have the earlier model than the one shown above. more like the SNES controller shape. I use it more often than the joycons.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions