Nintendo Switch Fifa 18, NO friends/family online invite opion

Found 29th Sep 2017
my copy is arriving today, but just heard about the exclusion of not been able to play online with friends/family members, how could they not include this on a footy game? Big mistake and a few sales will be lost, I prob would of skipped on my copy as my son was going to buy it as well..
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
To be fair Nintendo have always made consoles where you play in a group together. They have never bothered too much with the online live chat experience etc. In my opinion FIFA has no place on a Nintendo console, it's never worked and I don't think FIFA 18 will either.
Original Poster
Well seeing as they plan to be charging for online features next year they need to sort real basic online features out, the point of Fifa games was playing with your friends or family.. They really kept this missing feature of the game quiet before release.
Edited by: "malnuman" 29th Sep 2017
malnuman9 m ago

Well seeing as they plan to be charging for online features next year they …Well seeing as they plan to be charging for online features next year they need to sort real basic online features out, the point of Fifa games was playing with your friends or family.. They really kept this missing feature of the game quiet before release.

I don't believe for a second they will end up charging for their online service. Nintendo do not move with the times, I really enjoy Nintendo games but they will always be the same old Nintendo.
JohnnyRoller2 h, 12 m ago

I don't believe for a second they will end up charging for their online …I don't believe for a second they will end up charging for their online service. Nintendo do not move with the times, I really enjoy Nintendo games but they will always be the same old Nintendo.

They have stated that from next year it will be $20 a year or $3.99 a month.
Edited by: "shasnir" 29th Sep 2017
shasnir2 h, 26 m ago

They have stated that from next year it will be $20 a year or $3.99 a …They have stated that from next year it will be $20 a year or $3.99 a month.

They need to get this sorted before then. I won't be buying any multiplayer focused games on the switch until they do. It already stopped me getting splatoon 2
Original Poster
Deaa21 m ago

They need to get this sorted before then. I won't be buying any …They need to get this sorted before then. I won't be buying any multiplayer focused games on the switch until they do. It already stopped me getting splatoon 2

Yep, they want people to use it like the PS4/Xbox, and treat it as a home console, yet not been able to set up online games with friends is going backwards, I believe even with MK8, you have to go a long way about it to race with friends..
32132877-h78Ku.jpg
Original Poster
Now that i have started playing I must admit it's a pretty decent game, even to a total Fifa virgin like me, just hope they somehow patch the invite a friend option into it at some point
because Nintendo always screw up and never get it right when it comes to consoles. Great for the handful of exclusives but buy all multi platform games on a proper console or PC
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions