Nintendo Switch - how to tell if it has longer life battery?

Posted 27th Dec 2019
Hi everyone, I’m looking to nab a Nintendo Switch via gumtree or Facebook Marketplace, I’m just wondering if there’s actually a way to tell if it is in fact a newer longer life battery model or the lesser one??
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
39513995-GcgcF.jpg
The boxes look like this if it’s not been opened.
13 Comments
Rune_2H27/12/2019 17:41

Comment deleted

Would that require the box to be opened mate? Or on the packaging you mean?
39513995-GcgcF.jpg
The boxes look like this if it’s not been opened.
Be aware that the original Switch model number is HAC-001 so the only difference is the additional (-01) at the end of the revised Switch model number don't get them confused!
Original model HAC-001
Revised model HAC-001(-01)
jco8328/12/2019 20:46

Be aware that the original Switch model number is HAC-001 so the only …Be aware that the original Switch model number is HAC-001 so the only difference is the additional (-01) at the end of the revised Switch model number don't get them confused! Original model HAC-001 Revised model HAC-001(-01)

I’ll make sure and check when it arrives mate! Excellent advice, thank you.
jco8328/12/2019 20:46

Be aware that the original Switch model number is HAC-001 so the only …Be aware that the original Switch model number is HAC-001 so the only difference is the additional (-01) at the end of the revised Switch model number don't get them confused! Original model HAC-001 Revised model HAC-001(-01)

39552511-88gtU.jpg
This is what arrived today mate. Judging by what you’ve said this makes me think it’s the older model?!
LeeTheRed9631/12/2019 18:30

[Image] This is what arrived today mate. Judging by what you’ve said this m …[Image] This is what arrived today mate. Judging by what you’ve said this makes me think it’s the older model?!

Ah wait, I see it now, the bit in brackets on the first line, think that’s correct yeah?
Any chance the seller could have bought the new one to replace the old one and then put their old one in the new box. Something dodgy has happened but unfortunately that’s what happens on Facebook and other market places why I won’t use it. It had a new one in at some point and someone has changed it you can even replace the seal after if you know how.
LeeTheRed9631/12/2019 18:30

[Image] This is what arrived today mate. Judging by what you’ve said this m …[Image] This is what arrived today mate. Judging by what you’ve said this makes me think it’s the older model?!

It's new model mate
MOD. HAC-001(-01)
LeeTheRed9631/12/2019 18:34

Ah wait, I see it now, the bit in brackets on the first line, think that’s …Ah wait, I see it now, the bit in brackets on the first line, think that’s correct yeah?

Yep
samtman31/12/2019 18:35

Any chance the seller could have bought the new one to replace the old one …Any chance the seller could have bought the new one to replace the old one and then put their old one in the new box. Something dodgy has happened but unfortunately that’s what happens on Facebook and other market places why I won’t use it. It had a new one in at some point and someone has changed it you can even replace the seal after if you know how.

Sure, that's possible yeah. Someone buying new model, then selling their old model in the new box. Never heard of changing the serial number sticker though. That wouldn't match when you check it in the system settings.
jco8331/12/2019 21:21

Yep

Thanks again mate. Smashed in a few games of FIFA 20 while waiting (what will most likely be the entirety of 2020 judging by my birds WiFi) for Mario Kart to download
LeeTheRed9631/12/2019 22:35

Thanks again mate. Smashed in a few games of FIFA 20 while waiting (what …Thanks again mate. Smashed in a few games of FIFA 20 while waiting (what will most likely be the entirety of 2020 judging by my birds WiFi) for Mario Kart to download

Happy new year
jco8331/12/2019 23:26

Happy new year

And you mate, all the best
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions