Nintendo Switch joy cons disconnecting randomly

Posted 12th Jan
Hi all.

Does anyone else's Joycons randomly disconnect?

I mainly play Asphalt (and in docked mode) so I'm not sure if the problem is limited to Asphalt or if it is the switch in general. I play about three hours a day. About twice a week, one or two of the joycons just start vibrating and the screen acts as if the joy cons have lost connection: I get the "press L + R" screen. I do that and sometimes it takes up to 8 seconds to reconnect.

I wouldn't matter so much in offline matches because the race pauses during this screen but in online ranked matches it is so frustrating because I drop rank.

Is there just thing as a log on the Switch?

Thanks for your help.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
• How far are they from the console ?
• How old are they (are they from around the time of the consoles original launch)* ?

*as they initially had connection issues
Edited by: "jco83" 12th Jan
jco8312/01/2020 14:32

• How far are they from the console ? • How old are they (are they from aro …• How far are they from the console ? • How old are they (are they from around the time of the consoles original launch)* ?*as they initially had connection issues

2m tops

3 months I think? It's the new model, with better battery life. I bought it brand new from Argos via their ebay deal and picked up in store.
MadeDixonsCry12/01/2020 15:07

2m tops3 months I think? It's the new model, with better battery life. I …2m tops3 months I think? It's the new model, with better battery life. I bought it brand new from Argos via their ebay deal and picked up in store.

Is there anything in your environment which could be interfering with the signal? Should be working for you ok unless there's a problem. Nintendo have support pages for this type of thing on their website
Edited by: "jco83" 12th Jan
jco8312/01/2020 15:14

Is there anything in your environment which could be interfering with the …Is there anything in your environment which could be interfering with the signal? Should be working for you ok unless there's a problem. Nintendo have support pages for this type of thing on their website

Well within 1m radius of the dock, I have the Virgin media router, I also have a pc with WiFi, and it also has a Bluetooth connection to a wireless keyboard.

To be honest it seems it happens at the most random times so I'm not too sure it's to do with the interference. I wanted to know if anyone else had issues before I approached Nintendo suggesting that my controllers were faulty.

Lack of responses suggest not.
MadeDixonsCry12/01/2020 17:58

Well within 1m radius of the dock, I have the Virgin media router, I also …Well within 1m radius of the dock, I have the Virgin media router, I also have a pc with WiFi, and it also has a Bluetooth connection to a wireless keyboard. To be honest it seems it happens at the most random times so I'm not too sure it's to do with the interference. I wanted to know if anyone else had issues before I approached Nintendo suggesting that my controllers were faulty. Lack of responses suggest not.

They will tell you to remove things which could be interfering. So you might as well try that before contacting them. Also if you haven't already go on their website where you select appropriate options to troubleshoot your issue Sorry you haven't had more responses. You could try elsewhere, somewhere more Nintendo Switch focused, like reddit.com/r/N…tch
MadeDixonsCry12/01/2020 17:58

Well within 1m radius of the dock, I have the Virgin media router, I also …Well within 1m radius of the dock, I have the Virgin media router, I also have a pc with WiFi, and it also has a Bluetooth connection to a wireless keyboard. To be honest it seems it happens at the most random times so I'm not too sure it's to do with the interference. I wanted to know if anyone else had issues before I approached Nintendo suggesting that my controllers were faulty. Lack of responses suggest not.

You're not accidentally pressing the small black button on the top/side of Joy-Con are you?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions