Nintendo switch new game

Found 17th Jan

What are everyone’s thoughts on the new game announced by Nintendo? It’s (obviously) aimed at kids but I think it’ll be a nice gimmick for the switch that actually gives the IR another game to be used with
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Gaming
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Gaming
18 Comments
Seems awesome! A sort of cardboard 3d printer or you buy them premade?
What a great idea. Using the Camera of Joy-Con (R) to see all movement/moving parts. And making innovative use of the Joy-Con's motion detection and HD Rumble (with them being such a compact size)
Original Poster
groenleader6 m ago

Pre-made from what I saw on the video but you build them up and kids can colour them in etc
All ready a thread worth checking that out.

Personally, I think it's an amazing idea but looking at the price, $79.99 for the vr robot or 69.99 for a kit containing the rest. Way too expensive and I'm guessing mainly aimed at the Japanese market where model making out of cardboard kits (and plastic/metal) is big.
Edited by: "catbeans" 17th Jan
Original Poster
groenleader7 m ago

33085424-EnFdY.jpg
Original Poster
catbeans2 m ago

All ready a thread worth checking that out. Personally, I think it's an …All ready a thread worth checking that out. Personally, I think it's an amazing idea but looking at the price, $79.99 for the vr robot or 69.99 for a kit containing the rest. Way too expensive and I'm guessing mainly aimed at the Japanese market where model making out of cardboard kits (and plastic/metal) is big.

Tbh I think the price is reasonable but then again I thought that with the pro controllers at £60. I thought it’d be like £100 with how sometimes things can be overpriced
Dolphinzz31 m ago

Tbh I think the price is reasonable but then again I thought that with the …Tbh I think the price is reasonable but then again I thought that with the pro controllers at £60. I thought it’d be like £100 with how sometimes things can be overpriced

I suppose actually now I think about it I didn't consider the cost of the game/software itself so it is good value, but I would hope they sold the card seperate down the line for repairs.
You can register interest to attend a workshop for Labo before it launches in February (in London). During kids half term so seems like a decent idea! nintendo.co.uk/Nin…tml
Got
jamie0157 h, 17 m ago

You can register interest to attend a workshop for Labo before it launches …You can register interest to attend a workshop for Labo before it launches in February (in London). During kids half term so seems like a decent idea! https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Labo/Nintendo-Labo-1328637.html

Got half way through the application to be told only children can participate in the workshop!
It’s such a fu and exciting concept, perhaps even a little educational, but the price seems a little prohibitive for some (though in line with Nintendo and their pricing policies

It would be good if you could make your own non-Nintendo creations then utilise the switch and software to bring them to life (like Lego Mindstorms for example)

I’m assuming the Labo software will only be available as part of the kit to prevent dodgy printed copies and pdfs of the schemes popping up all over t’interweb...?
Edited by: "dazbang" 18th Jan
Utter tat
benjammin3161 h, 8 m ago

Utter tat

You mean you don't want to spend £70 on a cardboard fishing rod that you have to make yourself, will break after 1 use, have no resale value (to any normal minded beings) and will make your partner register on tinder? You're weird.
Original Poster
benjammin3164 h, 24 m ago

Utter tat

To each their own
Edited by: "Mechtup" 18th Jan
Original Poster
splatsplatsplat3 h, 15 m ago

You mean you don't want to spend £70 on a cardboard fishing rod that you …You mean you don't want to spend £70 on a cardboard fishing rod that you have to make yourself, will break after 1 use, have no resale value (to any normal minded beings) and will make your partner register on tinder? You're weird.

If you feel that way then yeah
OllieSt16 m ago

Nintendo will freely provide cardboard design patterns for Labo

Clickbaited

Well Nintendo proves again it knows how to turn an easy win into a loss.
Edited by: "catbeans" 18th Jan
How weird my post above quite clearly showed this:

33088541-aHZAb.jpg

Now the link shows this:

33088541-jeWF8.jpg

However it still doesn't mean plans won't be made available, but I wouldn't be relying on it.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 18th Jan
I'm sure this will have a niche market but why not have them ready made and out of plastic to make them long lasting, they could still be decorated, making them out of cardboard means people will have to buy multiples as they'll get broke easier
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants