Groups

Nintendo Switch Online package is a lot cheaper than we thought...

SuperEd
    Much better than i thought!

Last month Nintendo announced that the Switch's online service would require a paid-for subscription, similar to Xbox Live and PS+, Now we know....

1) Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*. Which is approx £14-£21ish

twitter.com/ser…oto

If looking to pre-order currently in stock here

10 Comments

So thats £13.85 - £20.97 and when you add VAT it may be £16.82 - £25.16, i think it will be £19.99

Original Poster SuperEd

johnwillowlfc

So thats £13.85 - £20.97 and when you add VAT it may be £16.82 - £25.16, i … So thats £13.85 - £20.97 and when you add VAT it may be £16.82 - £25.16, i think it will be £19.99

I think £20 mark is more than likely, hopefully see sub cards soon and that'll tell us also

Yes, good news! What about the super bowl ads? The extended one is a bit cringey but overall I was impressed.

If the switch is £280 here and $300 in the states and then the online service could be up to $26.50 I fail to see how it could possibly be £20. Probably £25.

FYI the Switch is JP¥30,000 which currently equals US$265 or GB£209.
    Also AFAIK Japanese prices include sales tax which I found is 10%

How much does Xbox Live and PS Plus cost in Japan I wonder?

If they stick with the whole free game for 30 day. Then I don't see myself needing the switch live system.

Xbox live I paid for a year for the games. Ps4 I play casually online. Doubt I'd get a switch for online gaming.

But for price it's decent, let's see how reliable it'll be compared to live and ps+

Since ehen do exchange rates get taken into account it will be 40 quid here and any price is too much anyway

£20 for one snes or nes Rom a month, rubbish online, party chap through the app and friend codes. No thanks.

Looked up the Xbox and PS Japan prices earlier today.
    Xbox Live Annual: 5378 Yen
    Playstation Plus Annual: 5143 Yen

Compared to 2000-3000 yen, this is a really pleasant surprise from Nintendo. Looking forward to it if it means they improve their servers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88

See more discussions