Nintendo Switch Parental Management

Posted 18th Dec 2019
Hi Guys,

Got my 5 year old a switch for XMAS, got a micro SD card, mario Kark , Odyssey and Mario Maker (see a theme here.....!)

What is the best way to set it up so I have parental control over how he uses it, and also to ensure he cannot purchase stuff.

I think I have an old Nintendo login for myself somewhere but have not yet associated this with the switch.. I created a username for my son when i switched on the device

For Mario maker - which needs online access would I associate the 12 month online code with my login, or his, or is it attached to the console itself?

sorry for noob questions, please advise best tips to get started.

Cheers,

J
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Just dont store your card details on the eshop
Set up a child account to restrict eShop purchases. My Nintendo website > settings > family group

You can also download the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app to restrict gameplay based on age, set play time limits and bedtime limits where the play will be restricted at a certain time (eg 8pm at night - you can choose the time though) etc
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 18th Dec 2019
thanks, for an online membership, does it get associated with my login, or the child account? sorry if that sounds like an odd question.
luvadealme18/12/2019 11:35

thanks, for an online membership, does it get associated with my login, or …thanks, for an online membership, does it get associated with my login, or the child account? sorry if that sounds like an odd question.

Sorry I don't know. I think it would be best to put it on the child account if you have that option when signing up, if you want your child playing online of course
Download the Parental Control app for the Nintendo Switch! It’s really good! It’ll guide you through it all!

If it's a single person online membership then it has to be set for the child, I made this mistake when setting it up!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions