Nintendo Switch portable charger recommendations

Found 5th Nov 2017
I’m looking to buy a Switch and use it for a long haul flight.

I’m looking for feedback on recommendations for a portable charger that can charge faster than usage battery drain.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Most long haul flights have a USB socket on the entertainment screen - won't that charge it?
Where you going?

lifewire.com/mob…218
Edited by: "deeky" 5th Nov 2017

deeky4 m ago

Most long haul flights have a USB socket on the entertainment screen - …Most long haul flights have a USB socket on the entertainment screen - won't that charge it? Where you going? https://www.lifewire.com/mobile-power-options-how-to-charge-phone-or-laptop-on-a-plane-2377218

Won't be powerful enough to charge the Switch faster than it drains.

DT8944 s ago

Won't be powerful enough to charge the Switch faster than it drains.

Just wondered. I've never used it.

deeky3 m ago

Just wondered. I've never used it.

Yeah it's USB C and requires quite recent tech to charge especially if charging whilst playing.

I bought the £16 anker after watching this but you might want to meatier one

youtu.be/47z…4P0

great video and helpful to actually see said battery power banks in action.

gives me the extra 5 hours(ish) so I get over 9 hours in total.

the more expensive ankers are good but price per min the small one is hard to beat. If I go long haul I’ll buy another small one I think and have two!
Edited by: "joanddan7" 5th Nov 2017

OllieSt36 m ago

Will this do the exact same job?

No, it doesn't have a USB-C port.

It will charge the Switch if you use a USB-A to USB-C cable (same one that comes with a Switch Pro Controller) but it won't be as fast or as efficient as charging with a cable that is purely USB-C.

It will charge the Switch but I'm not sure if it will be powerful/quick enjoy to charge it faster than it drains whilst playing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants