Nintendo Switch portable charger recommendations

Found 5th Nov 2017
I’m looking to buy a Switch and use it for a long haul flight.

I’m looking for feedback on recommendations for a portable charger that can charge faster than usage battery drain.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Most long haul flights have a USB socket on the entertainment screen - won't that charge it?
Where you going?

lifewire.com/mob…218
Edited by: "deeky" 5th Nov 2017
deleted265520
deeky4 m ago

Most long haul flights have a USB socket on the entertainment screen - …Most long haul flights have a USB socket on the entertainment screen - won't that charge it? Where you going? https://www.lifewire.com/mobile-power-options-how-to-charge-phone-or-laptop-on-a-plane-2377218

Won't be powerful enough to charge the Switch faster than it drains.
DT895th Nov 2017

Won't be powerful enough to charge the Switch faster than it drains.

Just wondered. I've never used it.
deleted265520
deeky3 m ago

Just wondered. I've never used it.

Yeah it's USB C and requires quite recent tech to charge especially if charging whilst playing.
I bought the £16 anker after watching this but you might want to meatier one

youtu.be/47z…4P0

great video and helpful to actually see said battery power banks in action.

gives me the extra 5 hours(ish) so I get over 9 hours in total.

the more expensive ankers are good but price per min the small one is hard to beat. If I go long haul I’ll buy another small one I think and have two!
Edited by: "joanddan7" 5th Nov 2017
deleted265520
OllieSt36 m ago

Will this do the exact same job?

No, it doesn't have a USB-C port.

It will charge the Switch if you use a USB-A to USB-C cable (same one that comes with a Switch Pro Controller) but it won't be as fast or as efficient as charging with a cable that is purely USB-C.

It will charge the Switch but I'm not sure if it will be powerful/quick enjoy to charge it faster than it drains whilst playing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants