Nintendo Switch: pre-order from 13/01 FROM 7AM @ AMAZON

43 replies
Found 13th Jan
Be the first to experience the power of a home entertainment system on the move. By simply lifting the Nintendo Switch console from the dock, it will instantly transition to handheld mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. Pre-order the Nintendo Switch from 07:00 BST on Friday, 13 January.

See Nintendo Switch  

price usa $299.99 eur €299.99 uk £279.99

ZELDA IS A LAUNCH TITLE

launch date 03/03/17

amazon app link

amazon.co.uk/dp/…227

note: link below may not work until 7am this is all from a email i got today.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…JFV

43 Comments

Not a functioning page when you click the link?

Dunno why they've used British Summer Time X) It's 6am

Banned

Doesn't excite me in the slightest.

Have my pre order in at Game store (£20 deposit) and Game online, so should get a day 1, will add one for Amazon too just to make sure i get the best day 1 bundle :-) Thanks!

Wortho

Have my pre order in at Game store (£20 deposit) and Game online, so … Have my pre order in at Game store (£20 deposit) and Game online, so should get a day 1, will add one for Amazon too just to make sure i get the best day 1 bundle :-) Thanks!

..and make the most money

deeky

..and make the most money

Well there is that, buying to sell at a profit, knowing nintendo they won't produce enough for demand.

btw before anyone gets in, Game will refund my deposit If i dont buy, i did check and I did get it refunded back onto my game card when I canceled my ps4 pre order. :-)
Edited by: "Wortho" 13th Jan

It'll be up for 6am, we don't use BST as its not 26th March yet.
Edited by: "xPALLETTOWNx" 13th Jan

Original Poster

Caecity

​the link was from the email

Original Poster

Caecity

​added new link now

Zelda Breath of the wild may probably the last new game I play (I'm getting old)

If the rumours are true (ie new zelda being a switch exclusive) I will smash my wii U into more pieces than you could possibly imagine!

BillySollox

Zelda Breath of the wild may probably the last new game I play (I'm … Zelda Breath of the wild may probably the last new game I play (I'm getting old)If the rumours are true (ie new zelda being a switch exclusive) I will smash my wii U into more pieces than you could possibly imagine!

What rumours? I've been following things pretty closely and Switch exclusivity hasn't been credibly mentioned anywhere AFAIK.

Illusionary

What rumours? I've been following things pretty closely and Switch … What rumours? I've been following things pretty closely and Switch exclusivity hasn't been credibly mentioned anywhere AFAIK.

Wii U daily (now nintendodaily) have been posting them on and off over the last 6 months.

Fingers crossed the rumours are wrong.

BillySollox

Wii U daily (now nintendodaily) have been posting them on and off over … Wii U daily (now nintendodaily) have been posting them on and off over the last 6 months. :(Fingers crossed the rumours are wrong.

I still think that you're imagining this one FWIW, I've just searched their site and see no mention at all of this. It's coming to Wii U, don't worry.

Let's hope this £499.99 Tesco pre-order price is wrong.tesco.com/dir…prd?skuId=584-2011&sc_cmp=ppc*sl*me*bg*px_-_campaign_not_set_-_gmo_entertainment*nintendo%20switch&gclid=CMXLsvSSvtECFdXnGwodQ74IMg&gclsrc=aw.ds&source=others

gregoryjrichards

Let's hope this £499.99 Tesco pre-order price is … Let's hope this £499.99 Tesco pre-order price is wrong.http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-switch/584-2011.prd?skuId=584-2011&sc_cmp=ppc*sl*me*bg*px_-_campaign_not_set_-_gmo_entertainment*nintendo%20switch&gclid=CMXLsvSSvtECFdXnGwodQ74IMg&gclsrc=aw.ds&source=others

It's just a placeholder.

Illusionary

I still think that you're imagining this one FWIW, I've just searched … I still think that you're imagining this one FWIW, I've just searched their site and see no mention at all of this. It's coming to Wii U, don't worry.

http://i.imgur.com/rHLIkWp.gif

Said website is just a fan site, to be fair

£279.99 from Nintendo.

Original Poster

Spidersmudge

£279.99 from Nintendo.

​thanks

Original Poster

Spidersmudge

£279.99 from Nintendo.

​thanks will update

£279.99 available March 3rd NintendoUK official twitter. Pre-orders will start on Amazon etc today.

Original Poster

gregoryjrichards

£279.99 available March 3rd NintendoUK official twitter. Pre-orders will … £279.99 available March 3rd NintendoUK official twitter. Pre-orders will start on Amazon etc today.

​ive posted that allready!! its what this post is about is it not!

supermqd

​thanks will update

I'm really surprised that is the launch price. Was hoping for £250 tops.

I'm watching IGN now and they have pro controller at $70 and a joy-con at $50 (or two for $80)
So we can expect to pay £70/£50/£80 for the same. Crazy really.

Spidersmudge

I'm really surprised that is the launch price. Was hoping for £250 … I'm really surprised that is the launch price. Was hoping for £250 tops.I'm watching IGN now and they have pro controller at $70 and a joy-con at $50 (or two for $80) So we can expect to pay £70/£50/£80 for the same. Crazy really.

Maybe a little less than that, but ouch

gregoryjrichards

£279.99 available March 3rd NintendoUK official twitter. Pre-orders will … £279.99 available March 3rd NintendoUK official twitter. Pre-orders will start on Amazon etc today.

If the Switch doesn't come pre-bundled with the new Zelda then Nintendo's new console is dead at launch.

Sorry, but £280 without a game means only one thing.

VR is the way ahead. Anyone that has experienced VR says the same thing.

Amazon pre order now live

nothing say switch cant do VR has the motion hand sets already, ir range detection. just need samsung like head set

amazon delivery 4th March?

blueflash

Same here, they'll probably fix it

blueflash

Had that before on Amazon pre-orders. Sadly, it does arrive the day after launch sometimes. Other times, it arrives at launch. Usually if you get on to them, they'll manually change it. But doesn't always work.

coathanger

VR is the way ahead. Anyone that has experienced VR says the same thing.

No they don't. VR is a nice compliment to traditional gaming. It isn't going to be taking over.

Krooner

No they don't. VR is a nice compliment to traditional gaming. It isn't … No they don't. VR is a nice compliment to traditional gaming. It isn't going to be taking over.

That's what fans of radio said when TV appeared.

coathanger

That's what fans of radio said when TV appeared.

Dude no one is sitting in VR for 80+ hours playing an RPG. Devs can barely afford the development costs on traditional consoles as is, without having to worry about compatibility with X amount of headsets.

Banned

Amazon still taking pre orders, says it all I think about the disappointment after the announcement

I really like the concept but it is still very low powered. Compare it with the tablets on the market with more power. better screens, better battery life etc then the only thing going for it is Nintendo's name. The hardware isn't that great and by having it all as plastic then it is thicker than having it aluminium as such the hardware design isn't premium either. In all honesty spending £280 on a tablet for a child would provide better value than going with a Switch, adults can afford good Phone hardware, so where's the market for this?!

Saying all that I'm a gamer with disposable income, so it would be criminal not to try it out and hopefully be proved wrong. I have pre ordered from Amazon as I'll give things a chance, especially Gamecube emulation and stock will be constrained at launch so if it is not my thing then resale won't be much of an issue.

Krooner

No they don't. VR is a nice compliment to traditional gaming. It isn't … No they don't. VR is a nice compliment to traditional gaming. It isn't going to be taking over.

If VR has the time to develop then it 'could' become a really solid and useful piece of technology. At the moment everything is very generation 1, tethered headsets, questionable hardware, not very optimized software mixed in with a few good experiences.

If Generation 2 of PS VR was a console integrated within the headset plus a battery lasting 3-4 hours, packaged with a Dual Shock 4 then I think people would lap it up. I'd love to see the dead PS Vita/2 be re purposed as a PS Vita VR rather than handheld.

Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 13th Jan

Banned

Krooner

Dude no one is sitting in VR for 80+ hours playing an RPG. Devs can … Dude no one is sitting in VR for 80+ hours playing an RPG. Devs can barely afford the development costs on traditional consoles as is, without having to worry about compatibility with X amount of headsets.

You say that, but will be interesting to see how Resident Evil 7 does, from what I've read, there is a fair bit of hype from people with PSVR to play the whole game in VR and I doubt it;s gonna be a really short game. Granted it won't be 80+ hours

I think its too expensive tbh, less than £200 and I would of probably gone for it. The device doesn't even have a 1080p screen. All the games they're releasing could probably just be released on iPhones. Hardly console quality.
Edited by: "KM4353" 13th Jan

Thanks. Ordered one for CeX.

KM4353

I think its too expensive tbh, less than £200 and I would of probably … I think its too expensive tbh, less than £200 and I would of probably gone for it. The device doesn't even have a 1080p screen. All the games they're releasing could probably just be released on iPhones. Hardly console quality.

Well, a 6" screen doesn't really need to be 1080p, even if many smartphone screens do hit this.

Looks awful IMO.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions