Nintendo switch pro controller

Posted 13th Nov
Hi. My 7 year old has asked For a pro controller for his Nintendo switch. I’m pretty reluctant to spend the money for the official one - some unexpected expenses this close to Xmas and 5 kids to buy for have left me with not as much to spend as I wanted.

1. Does anyone know if the official pro controller will be reduced on Black Friday?

2. If I decide I’ll get him a cheaper wireless controller, what are the things I need to look for? All this “dual shock technology” jargon is going straight over my head

3. Can anyone recommend a cheaper non official one....ideally one you’ve used yourself not going on hearsay.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to help a very confused mum out!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
Everyone who has tested this controller says it's the best controller for the Nintendo Switch (better than the Pro controller). amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 13th Nov
RiverDragon813/11/2019 13:03

Everyone who has tested this controller says it's the best controller for …Everyone who has tested this controller says it's the best controller for the Nintendo Switch (better than the Pro controller). https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TDTXHJP/?coliid=IB37X52VU5RSA&colid=A0CP1GUS21AK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

When you say everyone, do you mean your mates? Because I can guarantee not everyone would say this is better than a Pro controller. I would argue that over 80% of people who have owned and used both, would say the Pro controller is by far the better controller for the Switch.
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 13th Nov
JohnnyRoller13/11/2019 14:28

When you say everyone, do you mean your mates? Because I can guarantee not …When you say everyone, do you mean your mates? Because I can guarantee not everyone would say this is better than a Pro controller. I would argue that over 80% of people who have owned and used both, would say the Pro controller is by far the better controller for the Switch.

Everyone on youtube that makes a living that is anything related to the Nintendo switch.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 14:33

Everyone on youtube that makes a living that is anything related to the …Everyone on youtube that makes a living that is anything related to the Nintendo switch.

They get given the products to review them (and paid to promote them), don’t believe everything you hear
JohnnyRoller13/11/2019 14:35

They get given the products to review them (and paid to promote them), …They get given the products to review them (and paid to promote them), don’t believe everything you hear

Don't be so naive. These guys are actually experts on the subject of Nintendo switch. They give their unbiased opinion. All have said it's better than the Pro controller.
I would say ergonomically the pro controller would be far better for longer plays.

I haven't tried myself but I have heard great things from Nintendo podcast friends about PDP controllers so would look into them.

From me personally I bought a basic wired hori controller for £15 and it was fine. But I have now got the pro controller with charging stand and you pay what you get. I should have just got the pro at the start.

Keep an eye out for ebay 10% off type vouchers. They often include currys and argos and then you could get the pro controller from them.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 14:40

Don't be so naive. These guys are actually experts on the subject of …Don't be so naive. These guys are actually experts on the subject of Nintendo switch. They give their unbiased opinion. All have said it's better than the Pro controller.

I have both of these controllers and the 8bitdo is handy because you can use it across multiple platforms but it is nowhere near as comfortable as the pro controller in my hands. But like anything to do with a comfort preference there’s no right or wrong opinions don’t believe what you hear on YouTube.

also OP you can get a pro controller replica shipped to the U.K. from China for about £13 he/she might not notice.
Dannyrobbo13/11/2019 15:24

I have both of these controllers and the 8bitdo is handy because you can …I have both of these controllers and the 8bitdo is handy because you can use it across multiple platforms but it is nowhere near as comfortable as the pro controller in my hands. But like anything to do with a comfort preference there’s no right or wrong opinions don’t believe what you hear on YouTube.also OP you can get a pro controller replica shipped to the U.K. from China for about £13 he/she might not notice.

There's actually respected Youtubers that I follow, Kevin Kenson being my favourite on all things Nintendo Switch.
Also ''don’t believe what you hear on YouTube'' Every time I need to buy some sort of electronic I always head over to Youtube to watch a few reviews before purchasing, I actually do ''believe what i hear on youtube'', like most experienced people on here do.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 16:45

There's actually respected Youtubers that I follow, Kevin Kenson being my …There's actually respected Youtubers that I follow, Kevin Kenson being my favourite on all things Nintendo Switch.Also ''don’t believe what you hear on YouTube'' Every time I need to buy some sort of electronic I always head over to Youtube to watch a few reviews before purchasing, I actually do ''believe what i hear on youtube'', like most experienced people on here do.

Sure because youtubers aren’t sent free products to “review” I mean that Kevin is listed on the 8bitdo site.
Dannyrobbo13/11/2019 18:26

Sure because youtubers aren’t sent free products to “review” I mean that Ke …Sure because youtubers aren’t sent free products to “review” I mean that Kevin is listed on the 8bitdo site.

People on Youtube get sent free products to review, it's up to the reviewer to give a positive or negative review. All the the well known Youtubers have all said it is better than the Pro controller. People who are experts on all things Nintendo Switch. It's their opinion, I actually respect two of them to be very knowledgeable.

''Sure because youtubers aren’t sent free products to “review” You think like a peasant.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 18:44

People on Youtube get sent free products to review, it's up to the …People on Youtube get sent free products to review, it's up to the reviewer to give a positive or negative review. All the the well known Youtubers have all said it is better than the Pro controller. People who are experts on all things Nintendo Switch. It's their opinion, I actually respect two of them to be very knowledgeable.''Sure because youtubers aren’t sent free products to “review” You think like a peasant.

it’s basic logic though isn’t it, Nintendo unlikely send free products out. Youtubers are sent free products from third party companies and as to not burn bridges say they’re great
Dannyrobbo13/11/2019 19:21

it’s basic logic though isn’t it, Nintendo unlikely send free products out …it’s basic logic though isn’t it, Nintendo unlikely send free products out. Youtubers are sent free products from third party companies and as to not burn bridges say they’re great

No, if the products isn't very good they actually say it isn't very good. I've seen loads reviews on 3rd party accessories for the Nintendo switch. I've seen videos where they actually buy the accessories just to review just to make a video (because that's what they do for a living). You think like a peasant.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 19:30

No, if the products isn't very good they actually say it isn't very good. …No, if the products isn't very good they actually say it isn't very good. I've seen loads reviews on 3rd party accessories for the Nintendo switch. I've seen videos where they actually buy the accessories just to review just to make a video (because that's what they do for a living). You think like a peasant.

you are naive, but it is the age of the ‘influencer’ so If you can think they are impartial then that’s your prerogative. Maybe peasants have common sense?
Dannyrobbo13/11/2019 20:27

you are naive, but it is the age of the ‘influencer’ so If you can think th …you are naive, but it is the age of the ‘influencer’ so If you can think they are impartial then that’s your prerogative. Maybe peasants have common sense?

You've absolutely no clue what you're talking about, as per usual. If you're Youtuber with i.e 1M subscribers, companies with fall over themselves to send you free products just to tap into your fan base.

To think a well established Youtuber who's channel is totally focus on the Nintendo Switch would give a favourable review because they're getting a free $40 controller from a company and scared that if they didn't then they won't get anymore freebies from them? Companies will send out product after product even if they don't get reviewed, or not get a favourable review. That's you with your peasant mindset, because you don't know how things work.

You've no common sense, you like talking about subject matters you've no clue about.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 20:38

You've absolutely no clue what you're talking about, as per usual. If …You've absolutely no clue what you're talking about, as per usual. If you're Youtuber with i.e 1M subscribers, companies with fall over themselves to send you free products just to tap into your fan base. To think a well established Youtuber who's channel is totally focus on the Nintendo Switch would give a favourable review because they're getting a free $40 controller from a company and scared that if they didn't then they won't get anymore freebies from them? Companies will send out product after product even if they don't get reviewed, or not get a favourable review. That's you with your peasant mindset, because you don't know how things work.You've no common sense, you like talking about subject matters you've no clue about.

I'm not talking about just freebies though, they’re being paid to promote this stuff which is why they rarely rock the boat. The more subscribers they have the more they’re being paid. Sure they might have started reviewing in their bedrooms for a bit of ad revenue, but it’s very much a business now.
Dannyrobbo13/11/2019 21:10

I'm not talking about just freebies though, they’re being paid to promote t …I'm not talking about just freebies though, they’re being paid to promote this stuff which is why they rarely rock the boat. The more subscribers they have the more they’re being paid. Sure they might have started reviewing in their bedrooms for a bit of ad revenue, but it’s very much a business now.

''it’s basic logic though isn’t it, Nintendo unlikely send free products out. Youtubers are sent free products from third party companies and as to not burn bridges say they’re great''

It is a business but they give real genuine reviews as well.

My advice to you is to only comment on threads you actually know about.

''I have both of these controllers and the 8bitdo is handy because you can use it across multiple platforms but it is nowhere near as comfortable as the pro controller in my hands. But like anything to do with a comfort preference there’s no right or wrong opinions don’t believe what you hear on YouTube.''

I bet you don't even own 8bitdo Pro+ controller, and you just googled/youtubed that. You're prone to lying on here.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 21:19

''it’s basic logic though isn’t it, Nintendo unlikely send free products ou …''it’s basic logic though isn’t it, Nintendo unlikely send free products out. Youtubers are sent free products from third party companies and as to not burn bridges say they’re great''It is a business but they give real genuine reviews as well. My advice to you is to only comment on threads you actually know about.''I have both of these controllers and the 8bitdo is handy because you can use it across multiple platforms but it is nowhere near as comfortable as the pro controller in my hands. But like anything to do with a comfort preference there’s no right or wrong opinions don’t believe what you hear on YouTube.'' I bet you don't even own 8bitdo Pro+ controller, and you just googled/youtubed that. You're prone to lying on here.

it’s called influencer marketing and it’s clear you fall for it it works so well because they’re credible. I said not just freebies but course they are sent them for free, earn £300 per 100,000 views or get a guaranteed amount to promote a product plus the ad revenue.

Do you really think that paid promotion doesn’t go on?
Dannyrobbo13/11/2019 21:37

it’s called influencer marketing and it’s clear you fall for it it works so …it’s called influencer marketing and it’s clear you fall for it it works so well because they’re credible. I said not just freebies but course they are sent them for free, earn £300 per 100,000 views or get a guaranteed amount to promote a product plus the ad revenue. Do you really think that paid promotion doesn’t go on?

Yeah you just google that? Well done Baldrick. You're too late, the cat is out of the bag, you don't know what you're talking about. You can't just use google at the last moment just to save face.
RiverDragon813/11/2019 22:03

Yeah you just google that? Well done Baldrick. You're too late, the cat is …Yeah you just google that? Well done Baldrick. You're too late, the cat is out of the bag, you don't know what you're talking about. You can't just use google at the last moment just to save face.

Get off your high horse mate, just because people disagree with you doesn’t mean they’re wrong. Fake reviews are everywhere, people get paid for reviews all over the internet. If you want to worship some random YouTube person then fine, but don’t make it out like they are completely honest. Money talks, it’s as simple as that regardless what you may think.

The 8bitdo controllers have been renowned for breaking, these are very new so that is yet to be seen. However the analog sticks on the standard SN30 Pro are prone to break.

The SN30 Pro+ controller admittedly is a better choice if you plan to use it on numerous devices. However it simply doesn’t beat the Pro controller when purely used for the Nintendo Switch. The joycons are dog so it would definitely be the better choice over them any day though.

We can all have our opinions, it doesn’t make someone any less intelligent if those opinions differ. I would argue that your attitude in your comments makes you look like a peasant.
JohnnyRoller13/11/2019 23:35

Get off your high horse mate, just because people disagree with you …Get off your high horse mate, just because people disagree with you doesn’t mean they’re wrong. Fake reviews are everywhere, people get paid for reviews all over the internet. If you want to worship some random YouTube person then fine, but don’t make it out like they are completely honest. Money talks, it’s as simple as that regardless what you may think.The 8bitdo controllers have been renowned for breaking, these are very new so that is yet to be seen. However the analog sticks on the standard SN30 Pro are prone to break. The SN30 Pro+ controller admittedly is a better choice if you plan to use it on numerous devices. However it simply doesn’t beat the Pro controller when purely used for the Nintendo Switch. The joycons are dog so it would definitely be the better choice over them any day though. We can all have our opinions, it doesn’t make someone any less intelligent if those opinions differ. I would argue that your attitude in your comments makes you look like a peasant.

Yeah? That Dannyrobbo is a b@llshitter, he hasn't even owned SN30 Pro+ controller, yet he comes on here pretending that he has. Peasant mindset refers to someone who thinks small.

''Youtubers are sent free products from third party companies and as to not burn bridges say they’re great''
RiverDragon813/11/2019 23:53

Yeah? That Dannyrobbo is a b@llshitter, he hasn't even owned SN30 Pro+ …Yeah? That Dannyrobbo is a b@llshitter, he hasn't even owned SN30 Pro+ controller, yet he comes on here pretending that he has. Peasant mindset refers to someone who thinks small. ''Youtubers are sent free products from third party companies and as to not burn bridges say they’re great''

Well calling someone a peasant can refer to a number of different things. I can’t see why someone would lie about using both, just to put their opinion across. However I’ve seen worse things...

I’ve personally used loads of controllers (including 3rd party) as I have kids that like to break things. I have also got experience in taking things apart and fixing them. I currently have 2 Switch consoles with numerous accessories and games, and for me the Pro controller is the best hands down (possibly even better than the Wii U Pro controller). It is built to last and is very much suitable for all ages and hand sizes. Shame the same can’t be said for the joycons.
JohnnyRoller14/11/2019 00:10

Well calling someone a peasant can refer to a number of different things. …Well calling someone a peasant can refer to a number of different things. I can’t see why someone would lie about using both, just to put their opinion across. However I’ve seen worse things... I’ve personally used loads of controllers (including 3rd party) as I have kids that like to break things. I have also got experience in taking things apart and fixing them. I currently have 2 Switch consoles with numerous accessories and games, and for me the Pro controller is the best hands down (possibly even better than the Wii U Pro controller). It is built to last and is very much suitable for all ages and hand sizes. Shame the same can’t be said for the joycons.

I used the word peasant because he doesn't see the bigger picture. He thinks by giving a Youtuber $40 controller they would give a favourable review? even though that Youtuber is established and well known in the Nintendo Switch community?

The Switch Pro controller has always been the benchmark, no 3rd party controller has come close. I think 8bitdo has cracked the code. They've finally produced a controller that better than the Switch Pro, by all accounts. Everyone is saying the same thing SN30 Pro+ is better.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 14th Nov
Awesome comments here guys! Love it I am in agreement that YouTubers give honest opinion. It would have a very negative effect on their channel if they gave false reviews
Edited by: "jco83" 16th Nov
RiverDragon813/11/2019 23:53

Yeah? That Dannyrobbo is a b@llshitter, he hasn't even owned SN30 Pro+ …Yeah? That Dannyrobbo is a b@llshitter, he hasn't even owned SN30 Pro+ controller, yet he comes on here pretending that he has. Peasant mindset refers to someone who thinks small. ''Youtubers are sent free products from third party companies and as to not burn bridges say they’re great''

38987155-2i76c.jpg
clearly one of us has no clue what they’re talking about...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions