Nintendo Switch query

Posted 28th Oct
Hiya, long time viewer first time posterer. My son is wanting a Nintendo Switch for Xmas and i'm needing as much info on it as possible.
We (hubby and I) are kind of reluctant about it but quite a few of friends have one and I suPpose it's time we upgraded from the wii

What is the average cost, is it better to wait for Black Friday, Ebay code or near Xmas.
Is online free like the wii was or do you pay.
Are games family friendly.
How many controllers come with the switch.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Wait for Black Friday for sure there will be a deal on either model.

Online is now a paid service, unless playing a free to play game (like Fortnite).

There are plenty of family friendly games and they are generally very good, though not cheap.

It kind of comes with two pads but I wouldn't recommend using single joycons for much gameplay outside of Mario Kart.
There is normally deals, if not cheaper you will get extras depending on deal. You normally get 2 controllers, we bought another 2 so 4 of us can play. You can get deals on those as well, where you get a game with them. Just keep a look out for them. Then 4 steering wheels eBay was cheap for them. Also controller charger eBay again. Carry case Argos had some in sale. You can get an extra docking station as well on eBay for less than £20. This came in handy instead of plugging and unplugging dock we just set the docks up on different TVs. I think we got most of that for £400 with 4 games.

online cdkeys.com for single account is £15ish or £30 for family account on Nintendo. You get some old games with your account as well...
I would recommend the full console for tv connectivity, the lite model is exclusively handheld. console comes with two joycons which are useful for a lot of games but any long RPG type games I would recommend a wired controller or pro controller as the joy cons are not ergonomic enough for more than an hour or two playing at a time (such as zelda)

the online options cost £15-18 for a years subscription depending on sales, I think I got mine at cdkeys for around 15/16.

additionally as personal preference I would recommend digital games over physical, I feel like the cartridges are too easy to loose if you ever do use the console in it's portable function, there is quite a large digital library or indie games that have great discounts on. Cheapest way to do this is buying eshop money on cdkeys as the £30 option is most often 10% off but sometimes goes down to £24 per 30 of credit, which can then be spent on games on sale.

With the online sub and eshop credit together you are able to purchase "Nintendo switch Game Vouchers" which is usually the cheapest way to get the big selling nintendo switch games cheapest

nintendo.co.uk/Sup…tml
that link explains it best, and the following is a link to the list of games that vouchers can be used for:
ec.nintendo.com/GB/…081

purchasing eshop credit and then using that for vouchers brings the cost of digital games down to £35-38 depending on the cost of the credit at the time.
Bargainhead28/10/2019 13:30

There is normally deals, if not cheaper you will get extras depending on …There is normally deals, if not cheaper you will get extras depending on deal. You normally get 2 controllers, we bought another 2 so 4 of us can play. You can get deals on those as well, where you get a game with them. Just keep a look out for them. Then 4 steering wheels eBay was cheap for them. Also controller charger eBay again. Carry case Argos had some in sale. You can get an extra docking station as well on eBay for less than £20. This came in handy instead of plugging and unplugging dock we just set the docks up on different TVs. I think we got most of that for £400 with 4 games. online cdkeys.com for single account is £15ish or £30 for family account on Nintendo. You get some old games with your account as well...

can you share the dock from ebay for £20? I've been looking for a 2nd for years now
Felicitous28/10/2019 13:33

can you share the dock from ebay for £20? I've been looking for a 2nd for …can you share the dock from ebay for £20? I've been looking for a 2nd for years now

ebay.co.uk/itm…H5C

that’s the sort I got but others start at £15.00...
Bargainhead28/10/2019 13:47

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-TV-Dock-Converter-HDMI-Charging-Base-Station-USB-for-Nintendo-Switch/163731055110?epid=24028160001&hash=item261f21a206:g:ES0AAOSwwi5dAH5Cthat’s the sort I got but others start at £15.00...

I am cautious with 3rd party docks as I have heard reports of them bricking switches, doesn't seem worth the risk to me
Felicitous28/10/2019 13:49

I am cautious with 3rd party docks as I have heard reports of them …I am cautious with 3rd party docks as I have heard reports of them bricking switches, doesn't seem worth the risk to me

Never heard that before, been using over 6 months now no issue.... they have reconditioned for £40..
Games are very family friendly and are mainly the newest instalments to games like Zelda, Mario (Tennis, Olympics, Odyssey, Kart etc) but there are lots of other games now I know that Lugis mansion is coming out soon.
Mainly suited for younger people and they are pretty fun
However, there prices do tend to stay quite high and can end up costing quite a bit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants