Expired

Nintendo Switch Repairs

Found 1st Jan
The fan on my switch started messing up just under 2 months ago and it’s now got to the point where I have to send it for repairs while it’s still under warranty.

Has anyone else had to send their switch for repairs? Did you lose your data? How long did it take?

Tia if anyone is able to answer
Community Updates
AskVideo Games & Consoles
12 Comments
Mine has stopped connecting to WiFi bought in May from Argos. I’m ringing Nintendo up tomorrow so I’ll watch this thread with anticipation
paulj4840 m ago

Mine has stopped connecting to WiFi bought in May from Argos. I’m ringing N …Mine has stopped connecting to WiFi bought in May from Argos. I’m ringing Nintendo up tomorrow so I’ll watch this thread with anticipation

I'd be taking it back to argos for a replacement
benjammin31612 m ago

I'd be taking it back to argos for a replacement

Argos said I have to ring the Nintendo customer line first
paulj4817 m ago

Argos said I have to ring the Nintendo customer line first

No the first 12 months your contract is with Argos and the first 6 months the fault is considered to be present at build, course they tell you to ring Nintendo because it saves them a job.

id be asking for a replacement not a repair!!
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 1st Jan
Dannyrobbo11 m ago

No the first 12 months your contract is with Argos and the first 6 months …No the first 12 months your contract is with Argos and the first 6 months the fault is considered to be present at build, course they tell you to ring Nintendo because it saves them a job.id be asking for a replacement not a repair!!

It’s 8 months old so it’s up to me to prove it’s an inherent fault

I’d rather have a repair as I’ll loose all my saves if they replace
Edited by: "paulj48" 1st Jan
paulj4813 m ago

It’s 8 months old so it’s up to me to prove it’s an inherent faultI’d rathe …It’s 8 months old so it’s up to me to prove it’s an inherent faultI’d rather have a repair as I’ll loose all my saves if they replace

Hate to break it to you but the likelihood is is that you’ll lose your saves anyway
Dolphinzz3 m ago

Hate to break it to you but the likelihood is is that you’ll lose your s …Hate to break it to you but the likelihood is is that you’ll lose your saves anyway

What makes you so say that? Most stories I’ve read on the internet about repairs say they repair your actual unit and dontwipe off the saves.
paulj4852 m ago

What makes you so say that? Most stories I’ve read on the internet about r …What makes you so say that? Most stories I’ve read on the internet about repairs say they repair your actual unit and dontwipe off the saves.

Oh sorry, I read this article a few months back and thought it would be the same still.

What you said really assured me now though because I have 790 hours of gameplay on my switch (I have a sad life, but these were 8 different games- when I love a game I play it a lot, especially multiplayer). It was the one reason why i didn’t send it earlier.

Let me know how your call to nintendo goes
Can’t comment on saves, but they repaired and returned my joycon within a week.
Well I rang Nintendo (like Argos asked) who troubleshooted and fault was still there. Spoke to Argos online chat who tried to fob me off back to Nintendo.

Ended up going in store, explaining I wanted a repair using my statutory rights and not the manufacturers warranty as I didn’t want to be liable for sending the item in the post. Spoke to the manager who offered to swap the unit there and then that I accepted. Yes I’ve lost all my saves but there was no guarantee I’d keep them sending it back to Nintendo.

moral of the story, keep calm, speak politely and sound like you know your consumer rights without getting annoyed when their staff try who say otherwise
Edited by: "paulj48" 2nd Jan
paulj4817 m ago

Well I rang Nintendo (like Argos asked) who troubleshooted and fault was …Well I rang Nintendo (like Argos asked) who troubleshooted and fault was still there. Spoke to Argos online chat who tried to fob me off back to Nintendo. Ended up going in store, explaining I wanted a repair using my statutory rights and not the manufacturers warranty as I didn’t want to be liable for sending the item in the post. Spoke to the manager who offered to swap the unit there and then that I accepted. Yes I’ve lost all my saves but there was no guarantee I’d keep them sending it back to Nintendo.moral of the story, keep calm, speak politely and sound like you know your consumer rights without getting annoyed when their staff try and say otherwise

I’m sending mine to get repaired by Nintendo as I’d rather take the risk of losing the saves than losing them for definite
Dolphinzz6 m ago

I’m sending mine to get repaired by Nintendo as I’d rather take the risk of …I’m sending mine to get repaired by Nintendo as I’d rather take the risk of losing the saves than losing them for definite

I did debate it but my 8 month old unit did have the slight bend in it as well. Suppose I can enjoy Zelda all over again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants