Nintendo Switch Skins

Found 10th Feb
Hey guys,
I know consoles are designed to be played with etc etc, but even so, I like all my stuff to stay in great condition.

I’d like to get hold of a skin for my Switch. I don’t want one for the whole console/dock/joy-cons, I just want one for the rear of the console itself, noticed a few days back that theres a slight sheen where my console slides in and out of the dock.

Ideally I’d like a clear one, but don’t think they exist-I have those ‘awful’ Neon joy-cons so wanted something really neutral. A direct copy of the rear of the console (logos etc) would be great but again, doesn’t seem to exist.

Anyone that could point me in the right direction or have experience with a particular brand would be really helpful.

Thanks!
Dan
Community Updates
AskVideo Games & Consoles
8 Comments
Its advisable not to get a skin for the Switch as the console has a UV coating that can be damaged after applying adhesive skins.
Ah ok, I thought it was just the Joy-Cons that had the coating. Oh well, shiny marks for the win!
I don't own the switch dock so can't really be sure if it'll work.

Could you place a thin layer of cloth/paper towel on the back of the switch as you slide it into the dock. (Make sure not to cover any vent holes etc).

Or something like this
Or sell the dock and get.
33236635-3rMSn.jpg
kos1c6 h, 57 m ago

Or sell the dock and get. [Image]

Maine of the reviews on these docks are they they can fry the switch. That’s why I have stayed away as of yet the reviews for these cheap ones on amazon US are poor some have said they damaged the switch. Why dont Nintendo just make a portable one!!
Dannyrobbo1 h, 50 m ago

Maine of the reviews on these docks are they they can fry the switch. …Maine of the reviews on these docks are they they can fry the switch. That’s why I have stayed away as of yet the reviews for these cheap ones on amazon US are poor some have said they damaged the switch. Why dont Nintendo just make a portable one!!

Sadly I've not used my adapter enough to really give a true opinion. I play my switch 99.9% in handheld.

I got one of these, so rarely have the switch connected to the TV. Just free hand the joycons.
33239370.jpg
Edited by: "kos1c" 10th Feb
kos1c1 h, 23 m ago

Sadly I've not used my adapter enough to really give a true opinion. I …Sadly I've not used my adapter enough to really give a true opinion. I play my switch 99.9% in handheld. I got one of these, so rarely have the switch connected to the TV. Just free hand the joycons. [Image]

I’m the same really I play mostly when the tv is occupied, I had been meaning to buy one of those but reviews put me off. If you ever use it some of the reviews say hold the power button for 15 seconds sorts it...some are not so lucky.
Dannyrobbo42 m ago

I’m the same really I play mostly when the tv is occupied, I had been m …I’m the same really I play mostly when the tv is occupied, I had been meaning to buy one of those but reviews put me off. If you ever use it some of the reviews say hold the power button for 15 seconds sorts it...some are not so lucky.

The adapter worked perfectly every time I've plugged it in.
Played 4 hours straight of mk8 3 player split screen (was only the time I used it properly).

As above. The console usually spends most of its time in the metal arm or hand-held. Feels more engaging in a dark room and the small screen.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions