Nintendo Switch - The Verdict

Found 2nd Jul 2017
What do you people think about the console now it's been out a few months? Has the novelty worn off or is it still a much loved console?

Community Updates
15 Comments
In my house it's the kids decision that matters. They love the new Arms game but the Wii U is still the most used console, but that is mainly due to a large selection of games. Until a few more games come out or until a Mario Maker shows up on the Switch it will always be the second or third choice.
I love mine it's awesome, is honestly hold off getting one until a few more games come out. Although zelda is amazing!!
The console itself is pretty fantastic, the library is still small though - for me it was worth getting for zelda alone, mariokart is pretty great on the switch also, not a huge difference from the wiiu version but enough to entertain me again and make it worth playing. I am looking forward to splatoon 2 this month though. I don't know anything of arms honestly, I have been somewhat avoiding it as I know it's a title i can't afford to invent time/money into with all the other games I have going currently.
Original Poster
JohnnyRoller1 h, 47 m ago

In my house it's the kids decision that matters. They love the new Arms …In my house it's the kids decision that matters. They love the new Arms game but the Wii U is still the most used console, but that is mainly due to a large selection of games. Until a few more games come out or until a Mario Maker shows up on the Switch it will always be the second or third choice.

​Yeah, the number of Switch titles is very small at the moment that doesn't even fill a shelf in the game shop. I fancy a Switch but will probably wait for more games to come out and a bit of a price drop.
Zelda was awesome, Mario Kart on the go is sweet. Snipper clips got my parents laughing like little children. Mario Odyssey, a virtual console with Gamecube games and a strong line up in 2018 and it might become my favourite console of this gen.
Edited by: "natversion1" 3rd Jul 2017
Have PS4 and Switch on day 1. PS4 has not been turned on since Switch arrived. We have almost exclusively played Zelda and still so much to do on that - a beautiful game, easily my favorite game in a long long time. Mario Kart is still very good and the Snipper Clips demo was hilarious. Next purchases most likely Snipperclips and/or the Yooka Laylee conversion. Mario Odyssee to follow. Daughter loves playing it handheld round the house and in the car. I prefer docked and using the Pro controller.

Rich
Banned
Had mine since launch day and really enjoying it a lot. Mostly playing Zelda and a lot of that time is in handheld mode while slobbing on the sofa.

SnipperClips was brilliant fun and at times a bit tense with the other half

Mario Kart looks stunning in 1080p on the tv and it great fun to play, much better with the pro controller.

When the Switch was first announced I was pretty disappointed, but now I have no regrets about my purchase and so glad I got it
Waiting for something to play on it again. I want I am Setsuna but I'm waiting on a sale.
Bought on launch day, stuck really early on in Zelda, Mario was already done to death, has sat in the dock for 99% of it's time, simply charging... which will no doubt ruin the battery.

Mind you... PSVR, had to unplug the HDMI cable due to a problem with the TV, can't find the instructions to plug it back in and can't be bothered. Which is a shame as I have farpoint and the aim gun still in the wrapper...
Original Poster
Flodd6 m ago

Bought on launch day, stuck really early on in Zelda, Mario was already …Bought on launch day, stuck really early on in Zelda, Mario was already done to death, has sat in the dock for 99% of it's time, simply charging... which will no doubt ruin the battery. Mind you... PSVR, had to unplug the HDMI cable due to a problem with the TV, can't find the instructions to plug it back in and can't be bothered. Which is a shame as I have farpoint and the aim gun still in the wrapper...

​What do you mean 'Mario was done to death?'
Decoded

What do you mean 'Mario was done to death?'

I mean I'd played it to death personally... unlocked everything (which is unusual for me) and basically gotten bored of it.
Flodd

I mean I'd played it to death personally... unlocked everything (which is … I mean I'd played it to death personally... unlocked everything (which is unusual for me) and basically gotten bored of it.

Mario kart?
Mario Adventure - ahem, Odyssey, should shift a few units!
PAUL7331

Mario kart?

Yeah... the Wii u version anyway

I do have the switch version (which my daughter plays) but I've barely touched it... I keep meaning to give zelda another go but it's too hard.
Banned
Flodd

Bought on launch day, stuck really early on in Zelda, Mario was already … Bought on launch day, stuck really early on in Zelda, Mario was already done to death, has sat in the dock for 99% of it's time, simply charging... which will no doubt ruin the battery. Mind you... PSVR, had to unplug the HDMI cable due to a problem with the TV, can't find the instructions to plug it back in and can't be bothered. Which is a shame as I have farpoint and the aim gun still in the wrapper...

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/pdf/CUH-ZVR1U_1.pdf
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions