Nintendo Switches out of stock everywhere?

Posted 27th Dec 2019
The Nintendo switch consoles (not the lite version or v1) seem to be out of stock everywhere. Has anyone seen stock anywhere post Christmas?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
wellybelly_9031/12/2019 13:37

I just emailed Nintendo directly telling hem to get the stuff together and …I just emailed Nintendo directly telling hem to get the stuff together and asked when it will be back in stock

I bet that shocked them into action.
82 Comments
I'm looking for one aswell, plenty stock around but not at amazing prices. I'm sure Game had some bundles for around £340 with a game
rogan179127/12/2019 11:42

I'm looking for one aswell, plenty stock around but not at amazing prices. …I'm looking for one aswell, plenty stock around but not at amazing prices. I'm sure Game had some bundles for around £340 with a game

Yeah I’ve only seen well over RRP prices from resellers. No actual price consoles or bundles
I tried finding one online too but they appear to be sold out everywhere. Just keep seeing the 'lite' in stock which isn't what I want. Is this something Nintendo have done before with not enough supply to meet demand?

I even sent Nintendo UK a message yesterday asking when they will be back in stock and,
"Unfortunately I can not confirm this as I have not been provided with this information..."
Pretty annoyed that even Nintendo itself does not know when more stock will arrive!

It almost beggars belief that I'm here ready to give Nintendo £300+ for they're latest/flagship console and they don't have any and don't know when they will have more! That is surely gross negligence on a business level, they must want to sell as many as possible?!?!

I cannot imagine for 1 second Sony or Microsoft selling out of the PlayStation or Xbox.
Adam_Cartlidge29/12/2019 10:03

I tried finding one online too but they appear to be sold out everywhere. …I tried finding one online too but they appear to be sold out everywhere. Just keep seeing the 'lite' in stock which isn't what I want. Is this something Nintendo have done before with not enough supply to meet demand?I even sent Nintendo UK a message yesterday asking when they will be back in stock and,"Unfortunately I can not confirm this as I have not been provided with this information..."Pretty annoyed that even Nintendo itself does not know when more stock will arrive!It almost beggars belief that I'm here ready to give Nintendo £300+ for they're latest/flagship console and they don't have any and don't know when they will have more! That is surely gross negligence on a business level, they must want to sell as many as possible?!?!I cannot imagine for 1 second Sony or Microsoft selling out of the PlayStation or Xbox.

Links above had stock last time I checked. Best bundle was simple games

I tried finding one online too but they appear to be sold out everywhere. …I tried finding one online too but they appear to be sold out everywhere. Just keep seeing the 'lite' in stock which isn't what I want. Is this something Nintendo have done before with not enough supply to meet demand?I even sent Nintendo UK a message yesterday asking when they will be back in stock and,"Unfortunately I can not confirm this as I have not been provided with this information..."Pretty annoyed that even Nintendo itself does not know when more stock will arrive!It almost beggars belief that I'm here ready to give Nintendo £300+ for they're latest/flagship console and they don't have any and don't know when they will have more! That is surely gross negligence on a business level, they must want to sell as many as possible?!?!I cannot imagine for 1 second Sony or Microsoft selling out of the PlayStation or Xbox.

simplygames.com/nin…les

Plenty left it looks, I got the mario kart bundle which is now sold out though.
rogan179129/12/2019 10:31

https://www.simplygames.com/nintendo-switch/consolesPlenty left it looks, …https://www.simplygames.com/nintendo-switch/consolesPlenty left it looks, I got the mario kart bundle which is now sold out though.

Doubt many folk will want one on its own at full RRP when you can normally get it with a game or two for the same price. Seems stock everywhere is exhausted now and anyone unlucky now needs to wait until the new year

I imagine it's just because a lot more have been sold than normal due to Christmas
I wonder when stock will come back in. I need one for a birthday mid January, hoping back in for then.
Hopefully soon, I held off too long on the simply games one and now it’s sold out
My local Game are taking £50 deposits to secure one of their next allocation, expected sometime in February!

My local Argos, Tesco and Currys are sold out and had no idea when they'd get more.
Keep an eye on all the Amazon's (.it .es .de .fr), they flash up and go very fast....there was stock yesterday but didn't pull trigger now OOS Use fee free card of course

amazon.fr/dp/…8JT £260 using fee free card no game, then can just buy game for ~£40

ebay.co.uk/itm…631
ebay.co.uk/itm…778
Edited by: "Myriad" 30th Dec 2019
Chris_HarrisonW1b30/12/2019 16:38

My local Game are taking £50 deposits to secure one of their next …My local Game are taking £50 deposits to secure one of their next allocation, expected sometime in February!My local Argos, Tesco and Currys are sold out and had no idea when they'd get more.

That’s crazy. You never see stock this low on other consoles
DH and I received a substantial amount of vouchers over Christmas for Currys and was advised to keep checking their website for stock updates... Interestingly they won't put that the item is 'out of stock' on the shelves so people keep taking the empty bundle boxes up to the counter. I guess it's a waiting game. We simply couldn't justify the money for a console so asked for the vouchers. A bit gutted that the Christmas break is coming to a close and I haven't had a chance to sort it all out before returning to work and that Nintendo didn't foresee this and work around it. A staff member in Currys told me today that the same thing happened on black Friday and it took 3 weeks to replenish the stock...
Trefoil1230/12/2019 23:16

DH and I received a substantial amount of vouchers over Christmas for …DH and I received a substantial amount of vouchers over Christmas for Currys and was advised to keep checking their website for stock updates... Interestingly they won't put that the item is 'out of stock' on the shelves so people keep taking the empty bundle boxes up to the counter. I guess it's a waiting game. We simply couldn't justify the money for a console so asked for the vouchers. A bit gutted that the Christmas break is coming to a close and I haven't had a chance to sort it all out before returning to work and that Nintendo didn't foresee this and work around it. A staff member in Currys told me today that the same thing happened on black Friday and it took 3 weeks to replenish the stock...

DH?
2 things you can be sure of when it comes to nintendo consoles is they never have enough stock around christmas and they never drop their prices. Same thing happened with the SNES mini that came out last year, they knew the demand but still didn't make enough, then you could only buy from touters on ebay for double the price.
Wouldnt expect any back in stock for a few weeks at least to be honest.
Edited by: "darren.arnold" 31st Dec 2019
Nintendo do this to keep prices high, they know their console style and many games are unique to them.
As for all the people deriding them. You’ve had weeks to purchase during the lead up with sales. Now you’ve waited them out be patient.
The likes of Currys and Argos can check other stores for sock if you ask in stores.
Oneday7731/12/2019 08:59

Mumsnet speak, Dear Husband.

Thanks, DF. Dear Friend right?
Nintendo Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle 2019 (download code) - Limited - Switch
£280 with fee free card, arrives in a week.

hotukdeals.com/dea…384
Edited by: "Myriad" 31st Dec 2019
This is beyond frustrating it is literally sold out everywhere pre owned are going for nearly £300 it's crazy and trying to get a copy of let's go Pikachu is rarer than rocking horse s***
wellybelly_9031/12/2019 13:28

This is beyond frustrating it is literally sold out everywhere pre owned …This is beyond frustrating it is literally sold out everywhere pre owned are going for nearly £300 it's crazy and trying to get a copy of let's go Pikachu is rarer than rocking horse s***

Better to get sword/shield anyway. Let’s go is not a real game, unless it’s for someone very young
RossC9131/12/2019 13:36

Better to get sword/shield anyway. Let’s go is not a real game, unless i …Better to get sword/shield anyway. Let’s go is not a real game, unless it’s for someone very young

It's the nastalgic feelings it brings up

It's the nastalgic feelings it brings up

I just emailed Nintendo directly telling hem to get the stuff together and asked when it will be back in stock

I just emailed Nintendo directly telling hem to get the stuff together and …I just emailed Nintendo directly telling hem to get the stuff together and asked when it will be back in stock

I’ve just bought one from very, delivered by saturday
RossC9131/12/2019 15:14

Lucky you, OOS already

Oh no really, I posted straight away in hope it might help someone. Worth keeping an eye on it x
amandajjones198731/12/2019 15:15

Oh no really, I posted straight away in hope it might help someone. Worth …Oh no really, I posted straight away in hope it might help someone. Worth keeping an eye on it x

You probably did help someone I’m sure. Was it just the full price console with no games etc?
RossC9131/12/2019 15:17

You probably did help someone I’m sure. Was it just the full price console …You probably did help someone I’m sure. Was it just the full price console with no games etc?

Yes it was unfortunately, I missed out earlier on one with Mario and Pokemon. However it’s my sons birthday January and don’t want to risk it anymore and wait for a deal x
amandajjones198731/12/2019 15:20

Yes it was unfortunately, I missed out earlier on one with Mario and …Yes it was unfortunately, I missed out earlier on one with Mario and Pokemon. However it’s my sons birthday January and don’t want to risk it anymore and wait for a deal x

Hopefully no issues. My iPhone preorder from very kept getting the delivery date pushed back. Good luck!
RossC9131/12/2019 15:21

Hopefully no issues. My iPhone preorder from very kept getting the …Hopefully no issues. My iPhone preorder from very kept getting the delivery date pushed back. Good luck!

🤞
amandajjones198731/12/2019 15:29

🤞

Seem to be coming in and out of stock. Managed to get one ordered for £255.98 just now with 10% off electricals
RossC9131/12/2019 15:39

Seem to be coming in and out of stock. Managed to get one ordered for …Seem to be coming in and out of stock. Managed to get one ordered for £255.98 just now with 10% off electricals

Yes that’s what I paid, fingers crossed they turn up haha. Says delivered by Saturday xx
Ordered from Amazon.fr. In stock, delivered Friday for £260 on a few free credit card... seem to be in stock at Very too, but as people have already mentioned, they have been known to mislead at times
My son's main gift was a switch which was faulty out the box, returned for refund now he's still sat with 8 games an a controller with no console an I can't find them anywhere online or in any store , even cex have put there prices up which is really poor to do in my view, I'm simply not paying over RRP for second hand.
Just checked very OOS again
Desperately in need of one of these, been considering just going and getting one from Simply Games even if they are overpriced. Though I haven’t used them before and am somewhat dubious, are they legit? Why are they the only ones online that have any stock?
deeky31/12/2019 13:50

If you don't try you don't get anything at least I might get an answer as to why it's OOS
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions