Nintendo taking last Wii U orders in EUR - Might we see a repeat of Argos £99 GCN deal?

Banned
gameseek.co.uk/vid…%3F

The end is coming. I can't see the premium price of Wii U still sticking so high. One retailer is bound to give way just to get rid of stock completely, and that should cause a domino effect.

Anyway, here's hoping! Defo would snag one for £99 like I did the GCN back then.

15 Comments

Same, I'm waiting for that price drop too, but at the rate CEMU is going might as well just buy the games and use the emulator instead.

Original Poster Banned

Anyway, I don't agree with their conclusion that this could mean NX for this year. There's likely enough of a Wii U surplus in stores and warehouses that combined with these final orders will last until March 2017 (the date for possible NX launch). Not to mention that Nintendo is no stranger to having no presence in the market in the final months before a new system of theirs is launched.

I don't think it matters too much as we are emulating the Wii U now.

Are there really enough games out there to justify a Wii U even at 99 quid.... my 8 year old wants one though!!

Original Poster Banned

Pjcity

Are there really enough games out there to justify a Wii U even at 99 … Are there really enough games out there to justify a Wii U even at 99 quid.... my 8 year old wants one though!!

​​Sure.

Super Mario 3D World is Nintendo at their absolute platforming best. They perfected the platforming formula with this one (Game Maker's Toolkit on YouTube does a great analysis for why this is).

Splatoon is one of the best multiplayer games this gen and a fantastic twist on multiplayer shooters, and better yet is suitable for your kid to play.

Lego City Undercover is basically GTA for kids. Open world crime fighting and it's Lego! Damn shame this has not been ported to other platforms because people are missing out.

Then there's Smash Bros. Captain Toad. Super Mario Maker. Mario Kart 8. Pikmin 3. Xenoblade Chronicles X (massive open world RPG). Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. The Wonderful 101. And of course Zelda BotW early next year. Plus more, especially if you like platformers.

Really want one for smash bros and mario

Pjcity

Are there really enough games out there to justify a Wii U even at 99 … Are there really enough games out there to justify a Wii U even at 99 quid.... my 8 year old wants one though!!

I'd say no. Regretable purchase, packed away at the moment. Will get it out again for zelda but that's it

neilanderton1

​​Sure.Super Mario 3D World is Nintendo at their absolute platforming bes … ​​Sure.Super Mario 3D World is Nintendo at their absolute platforming best. They perfected the platforming formula with this one (Game Maker's Toolkit on YouTube does a great analysis for why this is).Splatoon is one of the best multiplayer games this gen and a fantastic twist on multiplayer shooters, and better yet is suitable for your kid to play.Lego City Undercover is basically GTA for kids. Open world crime fighting and it's Lego! Damn shame this has not been ported to other platforms because people are missing out.Then there's Smash Bros. Captain Toad. Super Mario Maker. Mario Kart 8. Pikmin 3. Xenoblade Chronicles X (massive open world RPG). Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. The Wonderful 101. And of course Zelda BotW early next year. Plus more, especially if you like platformers.

Lego city was published by Nintendo so deffo no port.. but fingers crossed Lego City 2 is in development for the NX, easily one of the best games ever made for kids and adults.

Banned

Probably. As a new console is released the previous one loses its value. I wouldn't mind buying an NGC but the Wii does the job.

haritori

Lego city was published by Nintendo so deffo no port.. but fingers … Lego city was published by Nintendo so deffo no port.. but fingers crossed Lego City 2 is in development for the NX, easily one of the best games ever made for kids and adults.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge was published by Nintendo and well, it's not really a Nintendo exclusive now.

Pjcity

When I was 8 I got my first football and played with it for months, buy him one and save £95

delusion

I'd say no. Regretable purchase, packed away at the moment. Will get it … I'd say no. Regretable purchase, packed away at the moment. Will get it out again for zelda but that's it

​definitely! it's a massively underrated console with lots of great exclusive games.

Graham1979

When I was 8 I got my first football and played with it for months, buy … When I was 8 I got my first football and played with it for months, buy him one and save £95

Only cos you didn't have anything better.

My father had an old suitcase full of off cuts of wood, wasn't much in the way of toys around back in them days, most kids made do with a stick dipped in dog poo, toys be for them rich kids

Graham1979

When I was 8 I got my first football and played with it for months, buy … When I was 8 I got my first football and played with it for months, buy him one and save £95

Cheers Graham
He already loves plays footy for a local team but also likes gaming, looks like its going to be an xbox one s with all the good deals on offer!!

I think the NX is due march 2017 isn't it?. If true then the WII U price will not be dropped before xmas unfortunately. In fact i think the wii u will be still be a fairly big seller before xmas. Then 2017 it will probably have its price slashed. Shame really as i was also planning to get the wii u for xmas but seems pointless now if the price is going to get slashed in January on wards.

Pjcity

Cheers GrahamHe already loves plays footy for a local team but also likes … Cheers GrahamHe already loves plays footy for a local team but also likes gaming, looks like its going to be an xbox one s with all the good deals on offer!!

Buy him a PC don't send him to the console darkside.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1969
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861855
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846141
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183823

See more discussions