Groups
    EXPIRED

Nintendo Wii

Hi first post, love the site
    I'd really like to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii. They come out 8th Dec in the U.K. I've looked all over and checked the deals etc.. I just want to ensure it isn't anywhere else cheaper.

This is a price comparison I got for it

wii-consoles.co.uk/wii…asp

As you can see, it's fairly similar everywhere. You're looking at £180 for
    Wii console + Wii sports
    - Wii remote
    - Wii nunchuk

So what it comes down to after that is
    -P+P there's a few free.
    -Discount vouchers, what's the best I can get?
    -Quidco (applicable to most?)

Any help to get me the best deal is appreciated. I don't think waiting is going to make much difference unless I wait a long time, like months/years.. As stocks are limited everywhere I'd like to get the best deal asap.

Thanks again.

Edit: The argos deal allows for a cheaper seconds game and I'd like to get Zelda with it. However I read elsewhere it's cheaper to get the basic console then buy the games from say Amazon which will do them cheaper than anywhere else.

4 Comments

Worth considering the lx direct, great universal etc type deals on first orders.
    Or flick through quidco n see who has the best hardware cashback.
    (HMV at 2.5% for a start worth considering)
    The games should fall reasonably quickly after launch, and most codes will apply to them, and cashback is higher, so worth ordering seperately.
    Argos charging what ? 39.99 for zelda?
    £35 most places, 10% off code for hmv, and 11% cashback brings it closer to 28.

Original Poster

seancampbell

Worth considering the lx direct, great universal etc type deals on first … Worth considering the lx direct, great universal etc type deals on first orders.Or flick through quidco n see who has the best hardware cashback.(HMV at 2.5% for a start worth considering)The games should fall reasonably quickly after launch, and most codes will apply to them, and cashback is higher, so worth ordering seperately.Argos charging what ? 39.99 for zelda?£35 most places, 10% off code for hmv, and 11% cashback brings it closer to 28.

Lx Direct is where I started off initially, but basic package is £220, even with the £25 (which may no longer be a good idea see Comments/Suggestions) it's not as cheap as elsewhere, unless i'm missing something.

HMV I considered because I have £25 worth of vouchers to use there, I just wasn't sure if I could order it online then pay in store and use part vouchers/cash.

Yeh you're right on game,s I will wait for extra games outside the basic bundle. I can't find anywhere that's selling JUSt the console itself, no games, which would be more finacially beneficial.

I'm also very new to Quidco so i'll go check that out (:

Thank you

Can't use store vouchers online I'm afraid as you need the specific E Vouchers.. might be worth emailing them though n asking if you can swap as they are the same company?
    Sports isnt exactly a full game.. more 5 smaller demo type games to show off the console... no way anyone would pay the 35 quid range for it!

If ya want a cheapo game to start off with Rampage from play/hmv at 17.99 with 10% off code +11 % quidco makes it what 16.19 for a game? inc delivery.
    or use the 25 quid in vouchers n pay a tenner for zelda in store?

Welcome to the forums antispam246 GOod luck with your wii!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??22
      2. Laptop (not for gaming )11
      3. Virgin Media - what is a good price?39
      4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2853

See more discussions