Groups

Nintendo Wii - Additional Functions

I submited a similar post recently for the XBOX 360 and found it very usefull.

I have a Nintendo Wii and I have been wondering what additional functions you have your Wii doing apart from the usual:

[* Playing Wii Games.
    [* Accessing News and weather.
    [* Downloading retro titles.
    [* Viewing photos off your SD card
    [* Playing GameCube games.

I am not interested in chipping the Wii but I do want to get the best out of it. To be honest as far as I can see this may be all that it will do.

:thumbsup:

8 Comments

Thats pretty much it as far as i know. You can also browse the net with the Internet Channel.

how do you access news and weather on it?

You can create Mii's and enter them into competitions

Transfer Miis onto your Wiimote, then play them on other Wii's and also transfer them to your comp

Send messages to other Wii's

Bitsey, you should be able to goto the Software downloads on Shopping channel and download it for free there...

Original Poster

bitseylango - You need to make sure that you have the Wireless Internet enabled first via the Settings/Options on the Wii Menu.

It is best to enable the Wii Connect 24 so that once you have establised a connection to your home Wireless network it will always be connected ready to download updates.
    If you have any problems setting it up let me know and I can send you detailed instructions.

Use TVersity if you have the chance to network the PC/Wii and watch movies through the flash utility...

Does anyone know how you can play MP3's with the Wii?
    I have saved one to an SD card, but it doesn't show when I open the "Photo Channel".

thesaint;1540170

Does anyone know how you can play MP3's with the Wii?I have saved one to … Does anyone know how you can play MP3's with the Wii?I have saved one to an SD card, but it doesn't show when I open the "Photo Channel".

youtube.com/wat…S0A

wiisic.max-maurer.de/

hottoshop;1540196

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEhxlLI8S0Ahttp://wiisic.max-maurer.de/

[COLOR="Red"]THANKS[/COLOR] :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was trying for hours yesterday, and couldn,t do it. :oops:

Again, I can't leave you any Rep. Sorry.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764698
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4832303
      3. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)617
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36199

See more discussions