Groups
    EXPIRED

Nintendo Wii Deals (for someone with no clue)

hi there im looking for a good deal for a wii and all the bits ya need even if its cheaper to buy seperately just point me in the right direction please
    like i said i got no clue with these the g/f has decided she wants one :s

cheers people

10 Comments

In my view a complete wii bundle with everthing for a complete 1-player system plus a couple of games is minimum £120. Often higher. Additional players require a Wii Mote and Nunchuck at aroud £35 per player. You can quite possibly put together a system that is initally cheaper but by the time you have bought the additional accessories that many games require it will be more expensive.

The standard 1-player system consists of:
    1. Wii Console
    2. Wii Stand + stability plate (the console will work when placed horizontally but the writing on the buttons and sockets assumes it's sitting vertically in it's stand)
    3. Power supply
    4. Av lead with three RCA plugs to connect to the TV. Also a RCA to SCART adaptor for TVs that don't have RCA sockets.
    5. Sensor bar
    6. Wii Mote
    7. Nunchuck

Pretty much everything there is required except the stand, which costs nothing when bought as part of a bundle and is impossibly expensive to buy later.

Also the RCA/SCART adaptor isn't required on some TVs, but you can get similar on eBay for around 99p.

Six months ago the same system was around £160-£180 so if £120 is still too expensive then waiting until summer might see the price come down further.

Edited by: "nick1austin" 1st Apr 2011

i think game and gamestation shops are selling used wii with a game for £69 and 12 months warranty. Cheapest you will get.

Also CEX sell cheap preowned Wii you can buy from store or online.

Original Poster

wow cheers there nick for your time in writting all that but i dont really mind what way i go if a bundle has all the bits like a wii board and stuff then i will go that way and no £120 aint to expensive at all sounds good to me

cheers simon aswell mate would prefere brand new though kinda like the black ones

do these all come with wii motion or whatever it is and i take it sensor bars come with the wii automatically or am i wrong

cheers again peeps

deal at game: http://www.game.co.uk/Preowned-Nintendo-White-Wii-With-Preowned-Super-Mario-Galaxy/~r354230/

You can get same deal instore and get to chose a system that is not scratched up. Not sure if black available but i guess dependent on stock they have instore.
    I guess wii motion not included like they are now on new machines.

I have 2 black Wii's that i bought xmas - saves arguments! lol
    I went to game and bought promotion Wii + Game and then sold the game + wii sports + wii resort and got console for about £75!
    We only like Mario Cart in this household.

Good luck i'm sure you will love the Wii as much as we do.

Original Poster

yeah im hoping we will aswell

whats the difference between wii motion plus controllers and wii remote plus controller on these deals below

amazon.co.uk/Nin…YE2

cheers simon

PLAYBOYXIII

yeah im hoping we will aswell whats the difference between wii motion … yeah im hoping we will aswell whats the difference between wii motion plus controllers and wii remote plus controller on these deals below http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Sports-Resort-Controller/dp/B002TOKYE2cheers simon

AFAIK there is no separate thing as "Wii remote plus controller". if there is something mentioned on the similar lines, I reckon they mean "Wii Remote motion plus controller", which is an standard add on to the ordinary remote which is required for some games.

this deal just posted and is fab for a black wii and games with wii motion controller:

hotukdeals.com/dea…749

PLAYBOYXIII

whats the difference between wii motion plus controllers and wii remote … whats the difference between wii motion plus controllers and wii remote plus controller on these deals below http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Sports-Resort-Controller/dp/B002TOKYE2

The boxes both show this blue circle on the packaging:
    http://i56.tinypic.com/2bvdea.jpg
    So I guess the answer to your question is there is no difference at all.

Original Poster

cheers for all that guys
    yeah it does look like a good deal, might go for it see on the original deal someone said it went down £10 missed that
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 90" curtain pole without a centre bracket!?11
      2. Car park fine UKPC77
      3. Boxes for moving house?55
      4. Speccing a gaming pc36

See more discussions