EXPIRED

Nintendo Wii games

Hi,

On Monday I am going to recieve a Nintendo Wii after becoming hooked on a friend's one night and have a request for you guys...

I would really appreciate anyone who has one, or any knowledge about which games are good - I'm not going to like the murderous zombie killing stylie ones - where are good reputable (and cheap) places to buy them and where at the moment you have found them the cheapest.

When I was younger I had one of the original gameboys (RIP) and loved Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers and sega's sonic, but when looking today I got completely confused as there seems to be over 4 for each one, different games, but I'd love your opinions on which are the best.

Oh, and I have a friend who's travelling around China for the summer, if they happened to buy a Wii game out there would it work on my British Wii?

Your help is much appreciated,

Helen

16 Comments

Hello!!

I've just got a Nintendo Wii a week or so ago and I can say that the best games (in my opinion) are Wii Sports and Wii Play. I also got Sonic, Cooking Mama and Need For Speed. Cooking Mama was pants although I keep reading good reviews, Sonic was confusing with too much talking and Need For Speed is quite fun!

I also got some Wii points and connected my Wii to the internet and you can use the points to download old games (like sonic, super mario brothers and donkey kong) which used to be on the sega megadrive and the nintendos. Clearly the graphics aren't great but it reminds me of the old games and its great that you can get them on the Wii. You can also download the web browser so you can search using google (not at all complicated because I managed to do it).

Also, I don't believe that you can purchase games or a console from China and play them on a British console as there are different codes for the games a bit like dvd's and the only way to get round this is to get the console chipped (which voids the warranty).

Anyway, this is the best console i've had! Hope this helps!

We bought Wario after getting the wii, it's good fun but you do have to clear a few levels before you can play against each other.

As for the games from China, it may not play as your Wii over here is not compatible with it. My brother brought a ps2 over from HK and he had it unlocked so it can play all games whether they have been copied or not, but my cousins who bought one here can not play on copies. It could be worth a try but it may not work and also don't bring too many back.

I think all the Gamecube games work in the Wii too so if you wanting to buy a variety you maybe best buying a few of them too as they cheaper.
We bought a Wii in January,we not bought much for it really,my partner didn't like Red Steel and thought it was very dissapointing,compared to the ad on tv,the Zelda game is very good,I was playing it but have put it aside as I bought the new Tomb Raider game a few wks back on PS2 and have almost completed it.My partner likes Tiger Woods game he bought,the Sports pack you get with all or most Wiis is quite addictive although now the novelty as wore off for us. Wii is very good for children if you have any,my daughter who was 3 at the time of us getting it picked up most of the Sports games rather quickly,my son he got a home run before I did on the baseball,he got the timing of things quicker than I did!

Your best bet for cheap games, might be CeX. I've got quite a few from there.

Received my Wii on Chrimbo, which was a damn shock. Games I own, are Zelda, Wario Ware and just the Sports. All three are great. Now a pro on the tennis :]

I'd recommend these titles, but avoid Red Steel. I bought it, and was immensely let down. Raving Rabbits is apparently great fun, too. In all honesty, the better games are coming later. Don't forget, you can buy classic Ninty games on the VC. I've bought Donkey Kong Country 2, Gunstar Heores and F-Zero X. I love my Wii.

Do buy Zelda though, you won't regret it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, goto Amazon for a cheap Wi-Fi connector for your Wii.

Can you use the remote as a sword in Zelda? When are they bringing out a Star Wars one so you can swing your Light Saber around, that's what I'd like to know! ;-)

Koma Toes

Can you use the remote as a sword in Zelda? When are they bringing out a … Can you use the remote as a sword in Zelda? When are they bringing out a Star Wars one so you can swing your Light Saber around, that's what I'd like to know! ;-)

Yes.
Star Wars my partner likes those games too,one would be good for the Wii.

Sugarculted

Your best bet for cheap games, might be CeX. I've got quite a few from … Your best bet for cheap games, might be CeX. I've got quite a few from there.Received my Wii on Chrimbo, which was a damn shock. Games I own, are Zelda, Wario Ware and just the Sports. All three are great. Now a pro on the tennis :] I'd recommend these titles, but avoid Red Steel. I bought it, and was immensely let down. Raving Rabbits is apparently great fun, too. In all honesty, the better games are coming later. Don't forget, you can buy classic Ninty games on the VC. I've bought Donkey Kong Country 2, Gunstar Heores and F-Zero X. I love my Wii.Do buy Zelda though, you won't regret it.EDIT: Forgot to mention, goto Amazon for a cheap Wi-Fi connector for your Wii.

My partner felt the same about the Red Steel too.

Original Poster

Thank you!

After what you have said I think I'll go ahead and order Zelda and I'm tempted with the raving rabbits games...or the Wario Ware...

I was just wondering whether all of these games are physically exerting, ie can someone who's ill in a wheelchair use ones such as Zelda? I'm guessing no with the sports one though.

'Sugarculted' mentioned a Wi-Fi connector. Am I being silly assuming that it automatically has the capability to connect to the internet or do I have to go and buy an adapter even if I already have Wi-Fi in my house?

So many questions, sorry.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Scrapping the idea of asking my friend in China, seems unlikely to work and no doubt after 4 months she'll be well over her luggage weight limit anyway. Thanks for warning me and saving the hassle of that and it not working.

Has anyone tried Tiger Woods Golf??

I've got it but not played it yet
I'll let you know later

i reccomend ill. rate them out ot 10

Zelda tlp 10
Mario strikers (awsome fun , and online is near perfection ) 9
wario ware 9
exite trucks (wiis best racer) 8
mercury meltdon 8
monkey ball 8
Heatseeker ( which is £16.99 on play i think) 8
scarface 7
goodfarther blackhound edition 7
sonic 8
SSX blur, ( best snowborder since 1080 on n64 ) 9
tony hawks downhill 8
kororinpa 7
metal slug anth 8
ELEDEES 9
rayman 7

i have all those games so i reccomend them all

my bro has tiger woods wii, its gr8 fun, very realistic, The wii has a built in wifi adapter, so as long as you have a wireless signal it will pick it up you'll be online in no time

the sports pack games are fab and you never get bored of them.We bought barnyard for the kids (age 4 and 8 and it is really good fun, my hubby and I are addicted to it!Thats the same hubby that confessed that when we bought the Wii he didnt 'do' computer games!!!

ive heard that the mario party 8 is well worth getting aswell

yes mario party 8 is ace fun id rate that 8/10 too

hdixon85

After what you have said I think I'll go ahead and order Zelda and I'm … After what you have said I think I'll go ahead and order Zelda and I'm tempted with the raving rabbits games...or the Wario Ware...I was just wondering whether all of these games are physically exerting, ie can someone who's ill in a wheelchair use ones such as Zelda? I'm guessing no with the sports one though.'Sugarculted' mentioned a Wi-Fi connector. Am I being silly assuming that it automatically has the capability to connect to the internet or do I have to go and buy an adapter even if I already have Wi-Fi in my house?

I have Raving Rabbids and completed it in about 2 weeks, it was fun from start to finish, although there is one of the mini-games you can't complete without making a change to the Wii options (set the screen refresh to 60Mhz), drove me made for a couple of nights! The good thing is that when you complete the game you can go into score mode and play all of the mini-games again and open up new challenges and fun things. I love it and so do the kids!

In terms of disability, I'd say you can play pretty much all of it sitting down. Even the Wii Sports games could be played sitting down although the golf may not feel right.

In terms of the WiFi I'm not sure what the WiFi adapter is for. The Wii has a wireless card in it and I connected it to my home network in about 5 minutes (very straightforward to do just a bit slow through the stages). The adapter may be something which turns a non wireless home setup into a wireless one?.... I'd read the reviews of the item online.

Great console for adults and kids... I think the serious gamers prefer the Xbox and PS3 but the Wii is the most sociable console in my opinion.

[QUOTE=hdixon85]Thank you!

After what you have said I think I'll go ahead and order Zelda and I'm tempted with the raving rabbits games...or the Wario Ware...

I was just wondering whether all of these games are physically exerting, ie can someone who's ill in a wheelchair use ones such as Zelda? I'm guessing no with the sports one though.

'Sugarculted' mentioned a Wi-Fi connector. Am I being silly assuming that it automatically has the capability to connect to the internet or do I have to go and buy an adapter even if I already have Wi-Fi in my house?

So many questions, sorry.

Thanks for your help.

QUOTE]

Got a Wii a few months ago (honestly it was for my son, not me!:oops: )
The games aren't overly exering - I have got most of the way through Zelds and haven't moved off my chair. Sports is a bit more exerting, especially the boxing, but the bowling is fine, and the others you just need to be far enough away from the wall, etc to prevent wacking it!
The Wii is Wi-Fi enabled. There is a section on the options page were it can set itself up with your wireless connection. Takes a few minutes to do, but is very easy.

Enjoy it

Original Poster

Thanks. Wii works perfectly hooking up to wi-fi without need for any extra cables.
Rayman raving rabbids is not as great as I think it's hype makes it out to be, little mini games honestly bored me in about half an hour, but the mind brain academy one really does make you think hard and get quite competitive! Still, wii play is the one that comes out most often.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Phone "Upgrade"36
    2. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?77
    3. I want some backless loafers for men11
    4. I am looking Ryman online discount code33

See more discussions