Groups
    EXPIRED

nintendo wii lan adapter official or not !!

hello.

i am trying to find a place where i can get a nintendo wii lan adapter from which is in stock - i dont mind if its official or not, but i have been looking for the past 30 mins and i cant find anything.

thanks.:thumbsup:

22 Comments

Any wifi usb adapter will work, you can pick them up for a fiver from ebay.
    Uning a non official one will make it a teeensy bit harder to set up. But still a peice of cake.

[SIZE=2]Is that true that any Wifi usb adapter will work? or do you mean to plug into your pc? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Probably be easier to buy a cheap wireless access point only place ive seen them is on play asia.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Any suggestions where to get one of these?

I've seen the datel one on amazon for £21 which is made for the DS (exactly the same though apparently). Also the official nintendo one if £25 on amazon.

Only places I can find it though.

Don't want to have too much difficulty setting it up though...

Here's a list of all the ones I could find on kelkoo.

Not sure, it may be worthwhile getting an official nintendo one to save any mucking around? They're in stock at gameplay.

]http//co…ice

just add the mac address of the wii into your routers wireless settings. My wii would not access the internet at all untill i did that

scousethief

just add the mac address of the wii into your routers wireless settings. … just add the mac address of the wii into your routers wireless settings. My wii would not access the internet at all untill i did that

Not everybody has a network set up or a wireless router, hence the purpose of the usb wifi dongle...

Am I right in thinking you want a lan adapter to plug your wii into your wired router?

go here:

]http//ww…tml

And pick one up for about £23 delivered. Ships once stocked, and it is compatible with any UK Wiis.

Wouldn't it be a LOT easier just to set up a wireless network ? £50 for the wireless modem & USB adapter

Ok, just to clarify, you need either:

A USB Ethernet Adapter. [So you can connect your Wii to a WIRED network]

A USB Wireless Adapter. [Plugs into a PC and provides the house with a wireless signal]

A Wireless Access Point. [An access point or router that will provide you with a wireless network]

I would leave the Ethernet Adapters alone for now, as only specific models work, and most sites will send you another model if they are out of stock.

As for the USB Wireless Adapter, its a good solution if you dont want a wireless network or the hassle of setting one up. However, it has drawbacks;

-You must keep your PC switched on at all times you want access to the internet on your Wii

-They provide very limited netowrking capabilities

-They arn't exactly cheap.

You can buy a wireless router (it has ethernet connections and wireless) from ebuyer for £29.50 DELIVERED.

So for a few extra pounds you get added networking functionality and you dont have to leave your PC on all the time.

I bought a router, because I have 5 things in my room that connect to the internet 2 of which are wireless, so the routr was the best option for me.

If you just want simplicity go for the USB adapter, try ebay, pick one up for less than a tenner.

I have wireless router.
    How do I setup my Wii to access internet?
    Where is router's wireless settting?

if you have a wireless router, goto 192.168.0.1, this will access your routers settings. Username is normally ADMIN and password is PASSWORD.
    You can see all settings there.

To set up your Wii, look in the manual! :thumbsup:

By the way, this is my 400th post!! :thumbsup:

the page can not be displayed!
    ???

My router is a Netgear DG834G, it could be just for them. I do not know....:thinking:

well......
    ;o(

It's 192.168.1.1

User is usually admin
    Password is usually admin

ChrisUK

It's 192.168.1.1User is usually adminPassword is usually admin

Not for me..... :thinking:

you mean 192.168.1.1 ?

nope, cant be displayed

ck2, you have a wireless router??

Yes, Belkin.

ok, try 192.168.2.1

Other than that, I can't help you. Sorry! :-(

yes, that works.
    thanks

Serj

Ok, just to clarify, you need either:A USB Ethernet Adapter. [So you can … Ok, just to clarify, you need either:A USB Ethernet Adapter. [So you can connect your Wii to a WIRED network]A USB Wireless Adapter. [Plugs into a PC and provides the house with a wireless signal]A Wireless Access Point. [An access point or router that will provide you with a wireless network]I would leave the Ethernet Adapters alone for now, as only specific models work, and most sites will send you another model if they are out of stock.As for the USB Wireless Adapter, its a good solution if you dont want a wireless network or the hassle of setting one up. However, it has drawbacks;-You must keep your PC switched on at all times you want access to the internet on your Wii-They provide very limited netowrking capabilities-They arn't exactly cheap.You can buy a wireless router (it has ethernet connections and wireless) from ebuyer for £29.50 DELIVERED.So for a few extra pounds you get added networking functionality and you dont have to leave your PC on all the time. :)I bought a router, because I have 5 things in my room that connect to the internet 2 of which are wireless, so the routr was the best option for me.If you just want simplicity go for the USB adapter, try ebay, pick one up for less than a tenner.

You seem to know a fair bit about this, so I'm wondering if you can help me.

I've got the Official Nintendo Wifi usb adapter, and it works perfectly. However as soon as I switch off the PC and want to turn it back on again it takes AGES of mucking about to get the Wii to connect to the internet again.

Not too sure if there's something simple to be done here (and if I've maybe just managed it by chance on the two occasions so far) but could you possibly explain to me what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT Sport Vs SkySports23
      2. Replacement LCD for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro22
      3. Canceling virgin media contract35
      4. Recommend a free reminder app78

See more discussions