Groups
    EXPIRED

NINTENDO WII ONLY £99 FOR TODAY @ Price-drop. TV (limited availability)

NINTENDO WII ONLY £99 FOR TODAY ONLY AND A LIMITED STOCK OF 99

price-drop.tv/Pro…ion

29 Comments

I very much doubt you will get it, dont forget the £1.50 phone call and £7.99 postage

price-drop.tv/Pro…ion

How could this be cold?

Because its a gamble, you probably wont get it, have you watched Price Drop before, things like this get hundreds of phone callers and it goes in about 2 seconds, they easily make the money back on the £1.50 phone call

yea but if you are one of the lucky ones to get thru then its a bargain!

Can't see how they would make that much money on phone calls TBH

Retail is about £150

They are offering for £108

So they need about 30 phone calls for every wii, or 3000 calls for the 99 available. And thats to break even

Am voting hot - Red hot price, I've seen items with a lot fewer than 99 in stock go several thousand degrees hot

I quite like Bid up tv by the way, big negative for me is their sky high postage charges (like £8 on a sd card!!) and no combining of postage. I've never ever seen an item sell with no time to buy it (other than the £1 megadrops) but this might well be different - after all it's a wii for £99. Just imagine if WH Smiths had 20 of these bad boys for sale dotted up and down the country - about 3000 degrees!!

Of course they will make money, its spread out in 5 slots throughout the day so thats 20 in each auction !

Its also been advertised in the national newspapers

To buy the Wii for £99 tune in to price-drop tv on Saturday 3rd October … To buy the Wii for £99 tune in to price-drop tv on Saturday 3rd October at 9.30am - 10am, 2.30pm - 3pm, 4.30pm - 5pm, 9.30pm - 10pm, 11.30pm - midnight. There are a total of 99 available across all five sales at this fantastic price, so don't be late or you'll miss out!

It's no more of a gamble than trailing down to WHSmiths to find out they dont have a game for £5 cheaper than everywhere else.

You can ring up WHS and check the price and stock cant you before you leave the house

deanos;6467189

You can ring up WHS and check the price and stock cant you before you … You can ring up WHS and check the price and stock cant you before you leave the house

True, but that was just an example, what if they didn't pick the phone up, would you still go if there was a chance at getting a Wii for £110? My point being that it's not that bad of a deal, considering the lengths some people go to to try and grab a bargain, when with relatively low expenditure having a good chance of getting a Wii £70 less than highstreet prices.

Good luck and all that , but it is a gamble at the end of the day

So wots the procedure? U just phone up and get a live op telling u they are either still in stock or not? Or isit automated with u put on hold with the chance of the presenter picking up? Isit live on TV?

They will put the auction on at the times ive listed, you need to dial the premium rate number that costs £1.50 which will be displayed on the TV , you then press 1 to confirm, they will ring you back if you have won

Banned

good price but not worth the premium calls to be told there out of stock

i bet no one on here gets one and no one anyone knows or anyone they know will get one either,thats why its cold from me

Phone calls are £1.50 a min..... 99 consoles...... just for phone calls they make £150 and thats jus for the people that get through..... Hundreds of people will try to get one per opening......so they aint gonna make much of a loss....postage is another £8 per person so theres £800 wouldnt be makin much of a loss ont he console tbh..... and they go in seconds......all a massive con if i do say so myself!

Dont know why everyone getting so heated - aldi do this every week !

Small numbers of items at cheaper prices and strictly "first come First server".

They are up front about the £1.50 charge so its up to us as adults to decide if we want to participate or not.

would be a great bargain if you managed to get one

Sounds like a bit of a lottery to me, you might as well buy a ticket at the local charity Tombola
    Cold

typical they cant show it because of "technical difficulties"

It's not a deal because it is a lottery/gamble. You pay for the phone call at £1.50 whether you get to buy one or not. Admittedly it's a better odd than the National Lottery but it's a lottery nonetheless. It's like buying a Euromillions ticket, you might win something, you might not.

So definitely NOT a deal. Put it into the Competitions section, it sits there better than here.

Cold I'm afraid.

Carmel is looking pretty hot today tho !

bamyrich;6467816

typical they cant show it because of "technical difficulties"

What a good way to get people watching all day ! :whistling:

They charge £7.99 for everything, even a small gadget! :roll:

it will be a lottery as its virutally impossible to get it on the phone bit like those megadrops

supermod

After a review we've moved this to MISC as it's info / tip as it's is an auction based item & purchase isn't guaranteed, thanks.

Anybody got one yet? :whistling:

Proper name is Gamble TV

sigma;6476719

After a review we've moved this to MISC as it's info / tip as it's is an … After a review we've moved this to MISC as it's info / tip as it's is an auction based item & purchase isn't guaranteed, thanks.

I shall be contacting a mod to move any future WHSmiths deals into misc then, partcularily with regard to the part of your comment I have highlighted :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1220
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay49
      3. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​11
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764323

See more discussions