Groups

Nintendo Wii or DS - from Canada

Hello, i wonder if someone can help me, we are going to Canada next week and i am looking at getting a Wii and DS from there, could anyone tell me if they are compatible in the UK?

4 Comments

The ds would be the better option as games on the ds are region free. American, japanese, uk games will all work etc. Also all you would need would be a UK charger which you can get for a few quid.

The wii will only play american games and not uk ones that you buy here.

I believe you will be fine with the DS, you will just need to get a UK charger.
    I would expect the Wii to be NTSC though, so you will only be able to play games from 'Over there' unless you go to the expense of getting it chipped.

You may also get stung by customs on the way back.

Original Poster

Thank you both very much x

nipperkipper;1494407

The ds would be the better option as games on the ds are region free. … The ds would be the better option as games on the ds are region free. American, japanese, uk games will all work etc. Also all you would need would be a UK charger which you can get for a few quid.The wii will only play american games and not uk ones that you buy here.

My friend got the ds from america and it will play all games so thats your best bet. (and its half the price there lol)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 1189
      2. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget45
      3. Oil for Oak Doors33
      4. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?44

See more discussions