Nintendo Wii - Transferring Downloaded Games

My current Wii is on its last legs (for some reason to which I am not impressed . . . . .anyway) and I have just purchased a new one. Can I transfer over the games downloaded through Wii Shop Channel to my new Wii for free.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

3 Comments

''Yes you can transfer all your points and games to a new console if you have to buy another or if it breaks.
The first thing to do is register at Nintendo.com, helps makes things easier
Then when you pick a new Wii or get a replacment for a broken one you need to contact Nintendo with your old one and your new one and explain what's going on.
Just remember that you need another Wii to carry them over to, once you don't own a Wii you give up rights to anything you ever bought plus any leftover points you may have''

uk.gamespot.com/pag…004

apart from nintendo believing you, there is no other way

You cannot transfer games from Wii to Wii, from what I know. Otherwise everyone would do it.

Original Poster

warehousestock;7858608

''Yes you can transfer all your points and games to a new console if you … ''Yes you can transfer all your points and games to a new console if you have to buy another or if it breaks.The first thing to do is register at Nintendo.com, helps makes things easierThen when you pick a new Wii or get a replacment for a broken one you need to contact Nintendo with your old one and your new one and explain what's going on.Just remember that you need another Wii to carry them over to, once you don't own a Wii you give up rights to anything you ever bought plus any leftover points you may have''http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25446004apart from nintendo believing you, there is no other way

Thanx, I am already registered on Nintendo and its connected/registered to my current Wii so just wondered whether if I load up the new one and link that to my online account whether that would work. So you think I would need to contact them as well.

greg_68;7858613

You cannot transfer games from Wii to Wii, from what I know. Otherwise … You cannot transfer games from Wii to Wii, from what I know. Otherwise everyone would do it.

I would obviously register the console to my online Nintendo account, not just expect to be able to transfer any old games from anyone "willy nilly".
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …132309
    2. Your dream gaming set up?814
    3. Cat Chat74710
    4. BioShock 10th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Announced.33

See more discussions