Nintendo Wii U Online/Multipayer/Group Hunt Thread

Found 1st Jan 2014
Just thought I'd make a thread for those of us who have online multiplayer games like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3 etc and would like to go online and play together!

Just use this thread to communicate with other HUKD MH3U players to arrange times and dates on when to go online and play. This will save us using the other Wii U threads and them getting spammed.

Happy online-ing/multiplayer-ing/group hunt-ing guys! Happy New Year!

youtube.com/wat…4CE
MH3U - Advanced tips and tactics: Long Sword
- jsty3105

mhwiki.forumotion.net/t55…ide
MH3U - Hammer guide
- jsty3105
Community Updates
86 Comments
I rather terribly had a copy of MH3U sealed and unplayed since launch. I also have it on the 3DS and have only played for a few hours, but some group play would help to get me involved in this game more.
I really should get into MHU3 again, it's such an awesome game.

Can't wait for the next one- hopefully MH4 will come to EU, it's done very well elsewhere!
I've discovered that with the Wii U, even if you only have the game on your 3DS, once you connect to the MH3U network, you can see who's online and you can message them in-game. I'm well up for hunts, particularly since I've had to completely restart my character from scratch

Also up for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer sessions
I need to start building up my character also, but Pikmin 3 is just calling me to play it over everything else! For some odd reason find Pikmin 3 more better to play than the first 2 parts...maybe because its gone hd now...
I'm HR4 at the moment on the 3ds and I don't really have many available hunter friends due to work, anyone in the west Cheshire region want to hunt? I don't mind what or what rank.
I've had a Wii U over the Christmas period and I've got COD:BO2, FIFA 13 and Sonic Racing that all have online play if anyone fancies a game.

ID: JusticeUK
I have COD:BO2, ME3 and MH3U to play online with fellow HUKD Wii U owners My NNID is rimz790
Edited by: "rimz790" 2nd Jan 2014
The past week or so been playing Pikmin 3 for couple of hours at a time and having a blast. Managed to get the mobile device after 20 of days exploration, as I have been exploring each area thoroughly as possible. Playing with the wii remote+nunchuck to control the characters and using the gamepad as the map works harmoniously. The game does have that 'one more go' factor!

The game may seem childish to the naysayers but it does require you to utilise the different types of Pikmins appropriately and the different areas you have to explore are designed ingeniously.

The girls, for the last couple of hours, have been playing Nintendo Land together (without me playing and me telling them what to do as I finished playing Pikmin 3 for a couple of hours prior X)) and they're having a right old blast playing games together like Zelda Battle Quest, Metroid Blast, Pikmin Adventure and others. They communicating when playing on how to get further in each game.

Nintendo Land is a brilliant way to get players to learn how to properly use the gamepad and the wii remote compared to before and is perfect for kids to play together!

Now I know there will be future Nintendo gamers from my household X)
Edited by: "rimz790" 3rd Jan 2014
dav465

I really should get into MHU3 again, it's such an awesome game.Can't wait … I really should get into MHU3 again, it's such an awesome game.Can't wait for the next one- hopefully MH4 will come to EU, it's done very well elsewhere!

I'm HR2 and I'm willing to grind some early quests with you. I'm sure I already have you in my friends list so if you se me online just send me a message
I have ME3 and Blops 2, feel free to add me Muggs889. And thanks for the friend request the other day rimz =) you should join in with Nintendoland, nothing better than running away from a 9yr old for 2mins, narowly avoiding Yoshis tongues and mad last ditch dives even better when you play as Simon Cowell vs Mr T.
I played with both my daughter's a couple of times at first to show them how all the different games work in Nintendo Land and really enjoyed playing with them. But at the moment just loving my time with Pikmin 3.

Can't wait to play P3 tomorrow during the day before going to work night shift!
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's got a bit of a Pikmin 3 problem! I'm even blowing out Mario 3D land for it.
Curlynob

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's got a bit of a Pikmin 3 … I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's got a bit of a Pikmin 3 problem! I'm even blowing out Mario 3D land for it.

X) yet there are Wii U haters who claim there isn't good enough games to play (_;)
Oh we've had so much fun over Christmas. Nintendo Land, Mario 3D Land, Pikmin 3, Lego Marvel even Skylanders Swapforce is surprisingly good fun. I downloaded Wonderful 101 from the eShop and I'm looking out for a cheap copy..
the cheapest price at the moment for W101 (preowned) is £22 (+£2.50 p&p) at CEX...
After getting the wii u, I played SM3DW for a few minutes to see how delightful it is and when I got the cat power up, both my daughter's were like "wow look at Mario! He's running around and making noises like a real cat!"

Ever since then my 2nd daughter has been nagging me to play the 'Mario cat' game X)
Edited by: "rimz790" 6th Jan 2014
anemos

I'm HR4 at the moment on the 3ds and I don't really have many available … I'm HR4 at the moment on the 3ds and I don't really have many available hunter friends due to work, anyone in the west Cheshire region want to hunt? I don't mind what or what rank.

Check the MH3U UK community page on FB if no one from her and from your region pipes up - facebook.com/gro…DN/. There's a detailed map of known hunters across the UK so you can easily see where you can get find a hunting pack.

If you've got a Wii U then don't forget you can play online via the MH3U relay tool (That's how I do it myself). You won't be able to create hunting rooms but you can just about do everything else like communicate with others and join a room to hunt.

You may find me online now and then too (just not this month as it's a pretty manic month with no real time for games other than the portable variety - next month onwards is fair game)
Hi I have recently got monster hunter 3 wii u and was just looking for a few tips for beginners as I have never played this series before. I don't mind being patient or putting a lot of time in just want some general useful tips for the beginning. Story wise I have just go to the level two guild quests from the main village and currently seem to like faster weapons as opposed to slow and powerful.
rowan131

Hi I have recently got monster hunter 3 wii u and was just looking for a … Hi I have recently got monster hunter 3 wii u and was just looking for a few tips for beginners as I have never played this series before. I don't mind being patient or putting a lot of time in just want some general useful tips for the beginning. Story wise I have just go to the level two guild quests from the main village and currently seem to like faster weapons as opposed to slow and powerful.

Spend some time gathering materials and mining for ore with your pickaxe (you'll need tons of Iron Ore and Earth Crystals). Practise hunting the Great Jaggi several times until he becomes easy (you should be able to forge Jaggi Armour after all the work which helps you with Attack and protection from Stun). If you're level two you're still way early in the game - for faster weapons you're looking at Dual Blades, and possibly the Longsword and Switch Axe - mainly for the combos you can pull. Dual Blades are the fastest weapon but you need to constantly hit the monster and constantly dodging. They also suffer from low reach which can make cutting off tails a chore for the flying monsters.

Get your armour up and practice not getting hit - that's probably the single, most useful transferable skill in the game. ;-)

Use the port quests to get better gear but do hunt with other people, MH3U was designed to be a multiplayer game.

rowan131

Hi I have recently got monster hunter 3 wii u and was just looking for a … Hi I have recently got monster hunter 3 wii u and was just looking for a few tips for beginners as I have never played this series before. I don't mind being patient or putting a lot of time in just want some general useful tips for the beginning. Story wise I have just go to the level two guild quests from the main village and currently seem to like faster weapons as opposed to slow and powerful.

Saw you've listed MH3U on FS FT - did you not enjoy yourself with the game? Need any more hunting advice/help?
I had two copies so kept one for myself. I am enjoying the game but all big monsters beside great jaggi seem to take 20 minutes+ to kill and when killing the giant fish thing gobul I think I used 10 mega potions and died twice. I am using duel blades with an attack of 154 and jaggi armour with queripo and the mud dinosaur all upgraded to level 3. Any suggestions about better weapons/armour? What do talismans do?
jsty3105

Saw you've listed MH3U on FS FT - did you not enjoy yourself with the … Saw you've listed MH3U on FS FT - did you not enjoy yourself with the game? Need any more hunting advice/help?

Story wise I have just repelled lagarius
rowan131

Story wise I have just repelled lagarius

Ok, You're still very early on in the game. Yeah, all the big monsters can take 20-40 minutes to kill. Your first fight with a Brute Wyvern like a Duramboros will very likely take you all the way. Practice learning the monster's attack patterns - they all have 'tell's of some kind to let you know what's coming and part of the joy of Monster Hunter is learning that. Weapons-wise, the game is such that you can play through the entire game with a single weapon-type. Just pick those that you like and learn how to use it effectively. Dual blades are build on speed and evasion. Soon you should start matching your weapon types with armour skills - each skill is suited better to particular types of play than others. Early on, while you're still learning the maps and monster movements between map areas, the Hunter Armour set is useful. When you fight the Lagi again later, the Jaggi Armour set's half stun (or No stun if you add the required gems) skill will be useful - along with it's Attack Up ability. The Jaggi set is also useful against the Gobul's stun tactics. Use fire weapons against both and your fight will be easier. Learn to start focusing on monster weaknesses to various elements.

Since you;re still in early game, the Lagombi set's Evade skill can be useful to your dual blade style.

ARmour-wise, many have gone through on a single set alone. Focus on not getting hit. That lesson will be invaluable as you progress in Monster Hunter and it's the biggest thing you need to achieve in G-rank.
Edited by: "jsty3105" 18th Jan 2014
jsty3105

Ok, You're still very early on in the game. Yeah, all the big monsters … Ok, You're still very early on in the game. Yeah, all the big monsters can take 20-40 minutes to kill. Your first fight with a Brute Wyvern like a Duramboros will very likely take you all the way. Practice learning the monster's attack patterns - they all have 'tell's of some kind to let you know what's coming and part of the joy of Monster Hunter is learning that. Weapons-wise, the game is such that you can play through the entire game with a single weapon-type. Just pick those that you like and learn how to use it effectively. Dual blades are build on speed and evasion. Soon you should start matching your weapon types with armour skills - each skill is suited better to particular types of play than others. Early on, while you're still learning the maps and monster movements between map areas, the Hunter Armour set is useful. When you fight the Lagi again later, the Jaggi Armour set's half stun (or No stun if you add the required gems) skill will be useful - along with it's Attack Up ability. The Jaggi set is also useful against the Gobul's stun tactics. Use fire weapons against both and your fight will be easier. Learn to start focusing on monster weaknesses to various elements. Since you;re still in early game, the Lagombi set's Evade skill can be useful to your dual blade style. ARmour-wise, many have gone through on a single set alone. Focus on not getting hit. That lesson will be invaluable as you progress in Monster Hunter and it's the biggest thing you need to achieve in G-rank.

Thanks a lot at the moment I am using a mix of armor to try and even out resistances but is the most important thing defense? Also I don't really want to have to kill a Lagombi many times for an armor set took me around 20 minutes or more the first time :P Do armor sets give you a bonus and any recommendation on talisman? I do like duel blades better than other weapons although I haven't tried out range weapons or longswords.
rowan131

Thanks a lot at the moment I am using a mix of armor to try and even out … Thanks a lot at the moment I am using a mix of armor to try and even out resistances but is the most important thing defense? Also I don't really want to have to kill a Lagombi many times for an armor set took me around 20 minutes or more the first time :P Do armor sets give you a bonus and any recommendation on talisman? I do like duel blades better than other weapons although I haven't tried out range weapons or longswords.

Part of the game involves hunting the same monster multiple times in order to harvest/get the items you need for better equipment By the time you get to G rank you'd likely have hunted many monsters 20 to 50 times Try to get a multiplayer hunt going or join one. It's more fun with others. As you get better at hunting the Lagombi, the hunt should take you less than 10 minutes - closer to 5 actually with the weapons you've got. It's all about learning the attack patterns and weak points and focusing on them.

Defense is less important compared to not getting hit It's good to start with as it provides you with a better error margin but can't stress enough how important not getting hit is in this game.

As for Talismans, you won't need to think about using them for awhile yet - you'll only start getting them when you can hunt at the volcano and even then they'll be really low end items. Focus on those with more gem slots for now so that you can add more skills.

Each armour set gives you certain skill sets (three to four) when you complete the set as well as a weakness. Jaggi set gives you greater attack and gives you protection from getting stunned and greater efficiency for eating meat items.

Barroth set is a good one for beginners thanks to the greater defense and attack. It hits hard so it'll be good if you get in touch with other here to set up a multiplayer hunt. Again though, it's pretty easy to kill once you've learnt how to.

The Arena challenges are good ways to practice as well. Most are meant to be taken on with other players but they're all playable solo.

Ok thanks. Currently I am trying to get rare commodities to improve my boats. Is combo book 5 worth getting?

Edited by: "rowan131" 18th Jan 2014
rowan131

Ok thanks. Currently I am trying to get rare commodities to improve my … Ok thanks. Currently I am trying to get rare commodities to improve my boats. Is combo book 5 worth getting?

yes, absolutely
jsty3105

yes, absolutely

I am not quite sure about elemental weapons. Say I have two weapons both of the same type and both have raw damage of 100. One of them has no element and one has element fire. Will both do the same damage on a creature that is immune to fire or will the fire weapon do nothing?
rowan131

I am not quite sure about elemental weapons. Say I have two weapons both … I am not quite sure about elemental weapons. Say I have two weapons both of the same type and both have raw damage of 100. One of them has no element and one has element fire. Will both do the same damage on a creature that is immune to fire or will the fire weapon do nothing?

Both will do the same damage to the a creature that's immune to fire. Erm, depending on the colour of their respective sharpness bars.

The reason why some advise against focusing on elements on some weapons like the Hammer and Switch Axe is that their damage multipliers mean that the actual element damage per strike is quite low. Dual Swords and the Sword and Shield are often touted as the best weapons for elements. That said, the end result only matters if you're purely into hunting efficiency.

Try arranging a multiplayer hunt with others here like lame. I only have time for games in mid-feb though
rowan131

I am not quite sure about elemental weapons. Say I have two weapons both … I am not quite sure about elemental weapons. Say I have two weapons both of the same type and both have raw damage of 100. One of them has no element and one has element fire. Will both do the same damage on a creature that is immune to fire or will the fire weapon do nothing?

Ok so if both weapons have same raw damage same sharpness you may as well use the one with elemental damage? At the moment I am trying to get the mask to kill next main monster after lagarius and farming items as well.
rowan131

Ok so if both weapons have same raw damage same sharpness you may as … Ok so if both weapons have same raw damage same sharpness you may as well use the one with elemental damage? At the moment I am trying to get the mask to kill next main monster after lagarius and farming items as well.

Yeah. Might as well. I do the same thing myself.
jsty3105

yes, absolutely

I have just got to high rank and found my barroth armour is now useless. I was thinking of getting high rank wroggi armour as I use duel blades all the time but was wondering if anything better? Also not sure about gems or weather to stick with one weapon or forge different elements.
rowan131

I have just got to high rank and found my barroth armour is now useless. … I have just got to high rank and found my barroth armour is now useless. I was thinking of getting high rank wroggi armour as I use duel blades all the time but was wondering if anything better? Also not sure about gems or weather to stick with one weapon or forge different elements.

You have a few options - including HR Lagombi since you get Evasion +1 with it, useful since Dual Blade users need to move around quickly and there's no Guarding available.

For HR I think I remember I ranged between:
Volvidon - For Attack Up (M) and Evasion and Tremor Resistance
Lagombi - For Evade Up and Cold Cancel (handy for hunts in cold places)
Brachy - For Bombadier and Adrenaline and Challenger - Useful for longer hunts with slime weapons
Uragaan - For Defence and Bombadier (when I used Slime weapons)
Rathalos - For Attack Up (I gemmed in to have L) and Speed Sharpening
And eventually, I got myself a Ceadeus Set to help with breaking monster parts more quickly.
Anyone up for a hunt this afternoon? Finally getting some time to relax after a crazy month
I don't mind, but depends what time. I'm out at the moment in lakeside.
rimz790

I don't mind, but depends what time. I'm out at the moment in lakeside.

We'll see how it goes when you return then. Just playing solo on my 3DS at the moment and will likely move on to my Wii U stash later
Picked up Monster Hunter on the Wii U at the weekend, now all I need is time to play it.
Anyone else not bother using the Bows or Guns? Ive tried tried and tried to like them but the controls are just useless. By the time ive aimed the big beastie has charged me and crushes my skull.

I used to use the Lance / Switch Axe on the Wii MH, this time ive opted for broadsword and lovin it. Need to get a decent dual blade though.
allgonewrong

Anyone else not bother using the Bows or Guns? Ive tried tried and tried … Anyone else not bother using the Bows or Guns? Ive tried tried and tried to like them but the controls are just useless. By the time ive aimed the big beastie has charged me and crushes my skull. I used to use the Lance / Switch Axe on the Wii MH, this time ive opted for broadsword and lovin it. Need to get a decent dual blade though.

Never tried the Lance myself - picked up a nice rustshard Lance so may just use it for fun. Loving my Dios Axe+ right now though will switch back to Hammers soon since I dearly miss the ability to stop a charging monster with a hammer smash

Trying to get Dual Blades for each element and status too with a focus on the Lightning/Dragon line.
Edited by: "jsty3105" 11th Mar 2014
jsty3105

Never tried the Lance myself - picked up a nice rustshard Lance so may … Never tried the Lance myself - picked up a nice rustshard Lance so may just use it for fun. Loving my Demolition Axe right now though will switch back to Hammers soon since I dearly miss the ability to stop a charging monster with a hammer smash ;)Trying to get Dual Blades for each element and status too with a focus on the Lightning/Dragon line.

Charging with a lance is great!!!! Hammers are cool too. Ive nit got a great one yet though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants